Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 87048 times)

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
Re: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2019, 08:12:32 AM »
hi

looks like a problem and not a quick add in has all language files need the phrase added $lang ['Wind Run'] = 'Wind Run'; and then need to adjust the css to find a balance across all languages some may push too far to the right ..example danish $lang ['Wind Run'] = 'Hastighed ?????'; this pushes too far to the right so need time to check all languages which means a few hours im ok with turkish and english but only other means is google translate and I dont trust that at all ..so best modify it for your own purpose for now..brian

Offline atika01

« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2019, 08:16:21 AM »
Ok Brian,
I understand the problem.

Offline KennyBKK

• Khu Khot WX Station
« Reply #277 on: February 01, 2019, 08:10:50 PM »
Hi,

Just want to ask a newbie question.  When the new version available, how do I know what files have been changed and needed to be uploaded.  Or just upload everything over an old version (except settings1.php)?

Thanks,
Kanok
Ambient Weather WS-1900
WUnderground, PWS - IPATHUMT2
CWOP - EW4214
http://kanok.net/pws

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #278 on: February 02, 2019, 08:58:40 AM »
hello mr thailand ... :grin:

as much as people find it a pain in the backside the safest way is just do a full upagrade i.e replace all files .. long before the setup screen was introduced it meant editing the files directly i.e setting.php and i cant tell you how that was prone to typo errors,cut and paste blanks and whole lot of problems .it was like asking someone to edit a language they didn’t understand or ever used before ..since using setup screen method the risk of these problems dramatically were reduced. if you think about it the download is less than 4mb and at worst it should only take 5 minutes to set them all . as a safe precaution make a back up,of settings1.php on your desktop if you cant remember the things like database credentials,lat lon etc ..
one day in the future i will simplify the update process but for now it is what it is unfortunately.there are lots of little things id love todo but time isnt on my side at the moment and new things need testing in the real world on different server setups..have fun brian..

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:01:52 AM by weather34 »

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2019, 06:33:03 AM »
*4th February 2019 * I had a feeling the new option for 12th module position would open up some requests for another position option so it is done two new optional positions with a selection of files that is available for those with particular hardware or not.no easy upgrade path as multiple files were updated to recognise the new options... (your wish is my command DM,HJ,Gerhard) ..

https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:43:34 AM by weather34 »

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #280 on: February 05, 2019, 10:25:24 AM »
Brian,

My hosting company upgraded from PHP 7.0.29 to 7.2.14 and it appears that something changed. My template will no longer load all of the panels at one time. I am looking at the PHP info to see if I can find the issue.

Chuck

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #281 on: February 05, 2019, 11:14:48 AM »
Brian,

My hosting company upgraded from PHP 7.0.29 to 7.2.14 and it appears that something changed. My template will no longer load all of the panels at one time. I am looking at the PHP info to see if I can find the issue.

Chuck

hello chuck

cant help much there probably something disabled in the upgrade or look for memory related extensions. and if you have a good cpanel probably be able to increase limits or enable yourself. fwiw its currently developed on 7.3.1 locally .

i cant remember your url not at home for next few weeks or more  just an ipad with me so i cant take a look unfortunately to see if anything obvious pops out..

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #282 on: February 05, 2019, 02:01:50 PM »
Brian,

Chuck

hello chuck

cant help much there probably something disabled in the upgrade or look for memory related extensions. and if you have a good cpanel probably be able to increase limits or enable yourself. fwiw its currently developed on 7.3.1 locally .

i cant remember your url not at home for next few weeks or more  just an ipad with me so i cant take a look unfortunately to see if anything obvious pops out..

No problem. I am getting some "failed to load 500 internal server errors" on the modules that fail to load. I will try and sort it out. Have a good trip!

https://myrtlebeachweather.org/hwst/index.php

Chuck

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #283 on: February 06, 2019, 02:07:36 AM »
hello chuck

sorry i cant help much its an internal server hosting thing might want to check they didnt move you to another server in the process , i recall way back in 2015 i was using a hosting service low cost $39 a year and i was on a shared hosting server with about 200 others they wouldnt allocate more resources and i had continous internal 500 errors once i moved to another host ICDSOFT and obviously more expensive the problem disappeared and trust me i spent days and night looking at all the code in the template back then which it was substantially a larger template in terms of code and i couldnt resolve and i only had one template running not multiple.. hope you manage to resolve it one way or another ..

i think if boris who made it run on a nanosd internally which theoretically was never manufactured for hosting a php framework let alone a web server there is hope..

trip..house hunting .. :-x

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #284 on: February 06, 2019, 10:54:21 AM »
hello chuck

sorry i cant help much its an internal server hosting thing might want to check they didnt move you to another server in the process , i recall way back in 2015 i was using a hosting service low cost $39 a year and i was on a shared hosting server with about 200 others they wouldnt allocate more resources and i had continous internal 500 errors once i moved to another host ICDSOFT and obviously more expensive the problem disappeared and trust me i spent days and night looking at all the code in the template back then which it was substantially a larger template in terms of code and i couldnt resolve and i only had one template running not multiple.. hope you manage to resolve it one way or another ..

i think if boris who made it run on a nanosd internally which theoretically was never manufactured for hosting a php framework let alone a web server there is hope..

It is on a shared server, but was working fine on PHP 7.0. The Host upgraded to 7.2.14 and now the Virtual Memory Faults are causing the server to limit resources. I noticed that the MySQL status is showing some fragmentation. Trying to get them to look at the logs and reboot the MySQL server to see if that helps.

Best of luck with your hunting.

Chuck

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #285 on: February 06, 2019, 07:30:35 PM »
hello chuck

It is on a shared server, but was working fine on PHP 7.0. The Host upgraded to 7.2.14 and now the Virtual Memory Faults are causing the server to limit resources. I noticed that the MySQL status is showing some fragmentation. Trying to get them to look at the logs and reboot the MySQL server to see if that helps.

Chuck

I've been using https://www.digitalocean.com/ for my site for over a year now. Instead of buying a virtual server that can only host a website, they give you a full virtual computer in whichever linux flavor you want. You choose whatever software you want on it, upgrade when/if you want, full ssh, sftp, ftp, etc access. As long as you know your way around linux to some degree or want learn enough to install basic website services, you get a whole lot more bang for your buck and complete freedom. When I started using them, they had a free trial for like a month or 2 (found a code that gave me $10 of free credit, lowest server costs $5 per month).

No, i'm not advertising for them or anything, just got fed up with crap website hosts last year and been happy so far with the freedom they offer.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2019, 12:01:52 AM »
Found a typo in the latest update: in 'index.php' on line 133, its got
Code: [Select]
$position12e=='weather34uvsolar.php' instead of
$position12=='weather34uvsolar.php'
Also, the UV Guide has disappeared from this module too...

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #287 on: February 08, 2019, 12:38:44 AM »
Found a typo in the latest update: in 'index.php' on line 133, its got
$position12e=='weather34uvsolar.php' instead of
$position12=='weather34uvsolar.php'
Also, the UV Guide has disappeared from this module too...

hello many thanks perhaps I now need glasses !

all fixed just update index.php if you are on latest .

thanks brian

https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #288 on: February 08, 2019, 09:13:29 AM »
hello chuck

Chuck

I've been using https://www.digitalocean.com/ for my site for over a year now. Instead of buying a virtual server that can only host a website, they give you a full virtual computer in whichever linux flavor you want. You choose whatever software you want on it, upgrade when/if you want, full ssh, sftp, ftp, etc access. As long as you know your way around linux to some degree or want learn enough to install basic website services, you get a whole lot more bang for your buck and complete freedom. When I started using them, they had a free trial for like a month or 2 (found a code that gave me $10 of free credit, lowest server costs $5 per month).

No, i'm not advertising for them or anything, just got fed up with crap website hosts last year and been happy so far with the freedom they offer.

Thanks for the info. I may have to look for a new hosting company.

Chuck

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #289 on: February 08, 2019, 12:54:13 PM »
hello chuck

Brian,

Curious, are you using IDCSOFT Shared server or VPS? Your site is very fast!

Looks like I may be looking around.

Chuck

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #290 on: February 08, 2019, 01:48:40 PM »
Couple more typos with index.php:

1. The Webcam module on lines 129 and 143 link to webcam.php, but that webcam file is really cam.php
2. On lines 134,137, 148, and 151 missing <span class="yearpopup"> since that span was closed in the previous lines.

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #291 on: February 08, 2019, 02:28:48 PM »
hello chuck

Brian,

Chuck

ICDSOFT Business shared hosting $8.00 per month as I'm on renewal each year all i can say awesome support response, fee goes down every year all the options you need to maintain a site yourself. in the 20+ years I havent come across a better service in terms of support,reliability,uptime,flexiability and Ive tried a few over the years all the big ones or popular ones often the larger they were the more crap responses or standard responses or show me the money(upgrade) ill fix it for you ...

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #292 on: February 08, 2019, 03:04:42 PM »
Couple more typos with index.php:

1. The Webcam module on lines 129 and 143 link to webcam.php, but that webcam file is really cam.php
2. On lines 134,137, 148, and 151 missing <span class="yearpopup"> since that span was closed in the previous lines.

thanks all fixed with others + additions just updated

*7th February 2019 *fixes includes *temperature dewpoint color when above 24c *indoor temperature fixes color when above 28c !! *notifications moved down by 50px which prevents unit switching via top right ref Wim. removed unused options from easyweathersetup *moonphases now reside in shared.php *css dark light updated.
 *7th February 2019 *cloudbase added for Davis hardware users using currentconditionsmetar34davis.php ..
 *7th February 2019 *windspeeddirection.php removed the translated $lang['Calm'] the word "Calm" when shown in windcompass just simply doesnt fit when the word "Calm" is translated in some languages but not all just couldnt find a balance for design..
 *8th February 2019 *mooninfo.php updated to use meteobridge moon data now uses no javascript ..*fix index.php typo error tnx lightmaster..
 *8th February 2019 *windspeeddirection.php now includes m/s conversion to km/h ref Anders..also included color coding from green to red for wind gusts speeds at 30-50kmh or more / 18.6-31mph or more /8.3-13.8m/s or more ref milehighweather.
 *8th February 2019 *index.php more typos and webcam.php should be cam.php tnx lightmaster.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 03:08:02 PM by weather34 »

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #293 on: February 09, 2019, 09:13:26 AM »
hello chuck

Brian,

Chuck

ICDSOFT Business shared hosting $8.00 per month as I'm on renewal each year all i can say awesome support response, fee goes down every year all the options you need to maintain a site yourself. in the 20+ years I havent come across a better service in terms of support,reliability,uptime,flexiability and Ive tried a few over the years all the big ones or popular ones often the larger they were the more crap responses or standard responses or show me the money(upgrade) ill fix it for you ...

That sounds like a good deal. Been with my present one for many years, but the tech support is terrible and the servers are slow.

Thanks for the info!

Chuck

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #294 on: February 09, 2019, 12:43:45 PM »
it what suits your pocket and what you justify as reasonable like everything in this day and age you get what pay for and often learn the hard way once you parted with your hard earned cash..
but weather templates are different end users like realtime updates in the minimum of seconds there hardware is capable of and generally want some visualisation or calculation done .most hosted shared account packages are more than adequate to serve up static or less frequent updated pages but weather templates very different .
i used to maintain a hotel portal mostly updated once a day at midnight to reflect exchange rates or price promotions that was 1000+ pages but low resource and chose off peak times most of the time only a few occasions did it struggle .however weather templates continuously access the server to perform a multiple of functions in very short intervals of 3 seconds to a minute 24/7 and multiply that by the amount of users at any one given time if you have a popular used page or website..shared hosting if you are sharing a hosted server where a a site offers music ,videos or high resolution graphics then you will get throttled as resources are generally shared amongst..

as for ICDSOFT nothing at all negative to say about them at all and i don't get referral discounts just give an honest opinion if they were crap i would say so to prevent anyone else fulling for pretty advertising blurb..

hope you resolve it in someway ..brian

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #295 on: February 11, 2019, 09:02:48 AM »
it what suits your pocket and what you justify as reasonable like everything in this day and age you get what pay for and often learn the hard way once you parted with your hard earned cash..
but weather templates are different end users like realtime updates in the minimum of seconds there hardware is capable of and generally want some visualisation or calculation done .most hosted shared account packages are more than adequate to serve up static or less frequent updated pages but weather templates very different .
i used to maintain a hotel portal mostly updated once a day at midnight to reflect exchange rates or price promotions that was 1000+ pages but low resource and chose off peak times most of the time only a few occasions did it struggle .however weather templates continuously access the server to perform a multiple of functions in very short intervals of 3 seconds to a minute 24/7 and multiply that by the amount of users at any one given time if you have a popular used page or website..shared hosting if you are sharing a hosted server where a a site offers music ,videos or high resolution graphics then you will get throttled as resources are generally shared amongst..

as for ICDSOFT nothing at all negative to say about them at all and i don't get referral discounts just give an honest opinion if they were crap i would say so to prevent anyone else fulling for pretty advertising blurb..

hope you resolve it in someway ..brian

Brian,

I am in the process of making the move to ICDSoft. Any suggestions regarding moving the MySQL database? Looks like I should be able to export the database using phpMyAdmin and import it on the new server, and then transfer the Template files, adjust the paths in meteobridge and in the easyweathersetup.php. MySQl version of old server is 5.6.41 and new server is 5.7.23. I am not sure how the export/import handles the Database Name, Username and Password.

I know MySQL is your specialty - any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks,

Chuck

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #296 on: February 11, 2019, 09:13:49 AM »
hello chuck

phpmyadmin do an export however end of week drop me an pm/email i’ll happily sort it out for you if you get stuck.. we can also use the meteobridge method do a search around on a very good explanation by steve jenkins this gives you a better way of inserting data and cleaner method better overall daily appearance on charts .unfortunately from this evening im not around till end of week .if possible dont shutdown your old site until everything is up and running as per your liking...brian

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #297 on: February 11, 2019, 09:33:41 AM »
hello chuck

phpmyadmin do an export however end of week drop me an pm/email i’ll happily sort it out for you if you get stuck.. we can also use the meteobridge method do a search around on a very good explanation by steve jenkins this gives you a better way of inserting data and cleaner method better overall daily appearance on charts .unfortunately from this evening im not around till end of week .if possible dont shutdown your old site until everything is up and running as per your liking...brian

I have setup a new domain name on IDCSoft, so the present site will still function until paths are changed in the template and on Meteobridge.

Thanks again,

Chuck

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #298 on: February 15, 2019, 05:31:54 PM »
There will also be a dedicated Github repo for Meteobridge version allowing users to follow changes,report issues,suggest improvements

From the HomeWeatherStation's change log. Downloading from a Github repo, would this mean easier updates by just pulling the changed files?

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #299 on: February 15, 2019, 10:49:30 PM »
Yes, if you install the template using 'git clone', then you can use 'git pull' to get the updates seamlessly.

I hope the Meteobridge git distribution also handles initial install and has a .gitignore setting to avoid clobbering your settings1.php file on updates (the CU-HWS distribution I host does that :) )   https://github.com/ktrue/CU-HWS

Keep in mind that the various versions of HWS are diverging and parts that work in one distribution won't necessarily work in another due to the tight combining of weather software type and template base.   The CU-HWS supports Cumulus/CumulusMX (and WeeWX, WeatherCat with appropriate realtime.txt generator templates). 
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

anything