Author Topic: Help for my website  (Read 2960 times)

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
Help for my website
« on: May 13, 2019, 11:48:17 AM »
Guys, I ask for advice.
A few days ago I installed a Davis Vantape Pro 2 that uploads the data to my WeatherLink Pro account via the wifi logger. Now I'd like to build my own website, I've already bought the domain.

Are there templates already made, ready to set?

Can I somehow use my WeatherLink Pro account data?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Help for my website
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 01:22:55 PM »
This is updated by WiFiLogger realtime.txt www.komokaweather.com/wifi-console/realtime.txt file for current conditions in template  http://www.komokaweather.com/pws-wfl/
Template here https://cumuluswiki.wxforum.net/a/HomeWeatherStationTemplate
You do not need to have or run Cumulus to use it.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 01:32:21 PM »
Very beautifull!!!!!! So the wifi logger provides data directly to the template !!! It's not that you have a step by step guide ...... I read a little bit around but I'm confused

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 02:37:11 PM »
For that template you would download the zip, unzip, upload (via Filezilla) the unzipped files to your webserver.
Then from a web browser you would initially run the template which prompts to the Easyweathersetup page for you to fill in all the necessary setup information, which includes where to obtain some of the third party links, API key, etc. that you would need from the listed third-party sites.  And that is it.  Reasonably well explained in the Readme.  While this Cumulus version template is catered to use the Cumulus realtime.txt file you can run it without using Cumulus and use the WiFiLogger realtime.txt as the source instead.

There are other versions of this template such as Wim's www.komokaweather.com/pws-wu that use the Weather Underground data.

If you're still confused, just ask specifically on what, or where to go next.

Enjoy,
Paul 

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 07:35:25 AM »
I did what you told me. I uploaded the files with filezilla and went to the adjustment page ........ I still have to adjust so many things but I succeed. At one point he asks me where to get the weather data, how can I make the wifi logger send me the txt file in real time ???

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 09:37:37 AM »
Glad you got it started.  Any web link?

The WiFiLogger settings for FTP realtime.txt export is only in 1 minute.
However the MQTT settings for realtime.txt is in seconds.

And sorry, I don't know anything about MQTT.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 01:36:37 PM »
My wifi logger goes to update the realtime.txt file on my web server, now how do I set the template to let it use that file ??? The realtime file is correct, as structure is the same as yours but then the values ​​I get on the template are incorrect. What path did you set on the template to make it take that file?

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 02:09:01 PM »
My wifi logger goes to update the realtime.txt file on my web server, now how do I set the template to let it use that file ??? The realtime file is correct, as structure is the same as yours but then the values ​​I get on the template are incorrect. What path did you set on the template to make it take that file?

As all persons who will try to help you  seem not  to be "clairvoyant" , you should post a link to the website.
We want to click on that link to see what the problem is.

Also the link to the realtime.txt file would be helpful.

Wim

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 02:51:44 PM »
Meanwhile, I put the link of my site under construction:

http://www.meteocamporamoso.it/pwsWD/

This is the linck of the realtime.txt file:

http://www.meteocamporamoso.it/pwsWD/demodata/realtime.txt

The wifi logger updates the realtime.txt file every 10 minutes. I set the template as if drawing the file from Cumuls.

I also made the official WeatherLink Pro APIs, they work but I haven't found a guide on how to use them

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 03:00:01 PM »
Meanwhile, I put the link of my site under construction:

http://www.meteocamporamoso.it/pwsWD/

This is the linck of the realtime.txt file:

http://www.meteocamporamoso.it/pwsWD/demodata/realtime.txt

The wifi logger updates the realtime.txt file every 10 minutes. I set the template as if drawing the file from Cumuls.

I also made the official WeatherLink Pro APIs, they work but I haven't found a guide on how to use them
You have to change  the location of your upload-file in easyweather from
Code: [Select]
/htdocs/pwsWD/demodata/realtime.txtto
./demodata/realtime.txtThen the scripts can find your file.
===
For your FTP program you have to use the "outside" address as that calls in form your home:  /htdocs/pwsWD/demodata/realtime.txt

The scripts on your website use an "inside address", they are already in the pwsWD folder and they use
"./" for start from here plus the folder name plus "/"  and the filename

Wim

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 03:05:50 PM »
. . . shortened . . .
You have to select in easyweather at "How dow we get our live data?" the "Weatherlink.com ...api"
Then you answer the other questions and at the bottom of the list you fill in the three wl.com fields

Wim

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 03:28:02 PM »
First of all, thank you !!!! It works well even if with some inaccuracy on the minimum and minimum temperature data.

Tomorrow I also test with API.

I have to play a little

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 08:52:24 AM »
Nothing to do, it just doesn't work. Even if now the path sel realtime file seems correct it does not read cmuqneu the data, I do not understand. It seems a wrong setting of the realtime file creation by the wifi logger; how did you set the file creation in the wifi logger ??? What spaces left, etc.

I tried the API configuration .... once set, when I try to check the site it tells me 'invalid data'. Now the site is noline with the API configuration, you can check but it doesn't go

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 08:59:56 AM »
. . . shortened . . .
I tried the API configuration .... once set, when I try to check the site it tells me 'invalid data'. Now the site is noline with the API configuration, you can check but it doesn't go
Using weatherlink.com you need to set the correct api key , password and DID. I attach a screenshot of a working website.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 09:04:33 AM »
Nothing to do, it just doesn't work. Even if now the path sel realtime file seems correct it does not read cmuqneu the data, I do not understand. It seems a wrong setting of the realtime file creation by the wifi logger; how did you set the file creation in the wifi logger ??? What spaces left, etc.
. . . shortened . . .
As you switched to using the wl.com api it is impossible to test the cumulus version..
Decide which version you want to test first. I can take a look if it does not work correctly and check the file.

Wim

The realtime.txt file is a "spaces-seperated"files where every space ends a field.
Your copy contains extra spaces which results in extra fields.
The scripts can not find the correct data with your realtime.txt file as they expect the data in the correct place not one or two fields further on.
05/15/19 15:04:01  8 70 3.2 13.0 19.3 168 0.00 0.00 1016.1 S 3 km/h C mb mm --- --- 1.60 1.60 --- 18 50  7 --- 10 9:42  2 6:24 33.8 10:45 33.8 10:45 1017.4 0:00 1015.1 6:03 2.16 2.16 33.8  8 --- --- 0.00 --- --- 0.00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 A screenshot shows on the left a correct file from a download, on the right your file.

Wim

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:26:43 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 09:16:21 AM »
Here I am!! Meanwhile, thanks for the answers.
Now I made the API configuration. I tried the Key API like WeatherLink with its scripts, it works .... but then put it here, it tells me it's wrong. I don't understand where I'm wrong. If you can take a look you would do me a favor

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 09:25:58 AM »
Here I am!! Meanwhile, thanks for the answers.
Now I made the API configuration. I tried the Key API like WeatherLink with its scripts, it works ....
but then put it here, it tells me it's wrong.
You can only use your own API-key which you find on the weatherlink.com dashboard. API-keys from the documentation do not work in real life.
ALSO copy and paste the API-keu from your dashboard AND check if there are no spaces before or after the key.
I don't understand where I'm wrong. If you can take a look you would do me a favor
I can not take a look as the website will not start.
If I want to look to your settings, you should PM me the password which you later can change after we have it working.

Wim

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 09:26:35 AM »
It seems a wrong setting of the realtime file creation by the wifi logger; how did you set the file creation in the wifi logger ??? What spaces left, etc.
Wim is much more knowledgeable on this than I and working on one version (Wim's) will be the best until you've it it working, but for me the CU-HWS-2019-02 version by Ken (Saratogawx) works directly from the realtime.txt created and uploaded by WiFiLogger.

I have WiFiLogger upload the realtime.txt to my public_html/wifi-console folder so www.komokaweather.com/wifi-console/realtime.txt
I have FTP my HWS files in public_html/pws-wfl folder so www.komokaweather.com/pws-wfl
I have in HWS settings for "Your path to data file" entered as: ../wifi-console/realtime.txt

Unfortunately I can't check your realtime.txt file as clicking on the previously provided link gives me Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead each time I try those links.

Enjoy,
Paul
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:29:22 AM by PaulMy »

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 09:31:02 AM »
. . . shortened . . .
As you switched to using the wl.com api it is impossible to test the cumulus version..
Decide which version you want to test first. I can take a look if it does not work correctly and check the file.

Wim

The realtime.txt file is a "spaces-seperated"files where every space ends a field.
Your copy contains extra spaces which results in extra fields.
The scripts can not find the correct data with your realtime.txt file as they expect the data in the correct place not one or two fields further on.
05/15/19 15:04:01  8 70 3.2 13.0 19.3 168 0.00 0.00 1016.1 S 3 km/h C mb mm --- --- 1.60 1.60 --- 18 50  7 --- 10 9:42  2 6:24 33.8 10:45 33.8 10:45 1017.4 0:00 1015.1 6:03 2.16 2.16 33.8  8 --- --- 0.00 --- --- 0.00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 A screenshot shows on the left a correct file from a download, on the right your file.

Wim

I imagined there was such a problem. In the wifi logger c 'is an' FTP file setting 'entry and asks me:

'FTP file settings:
Date Format:
Date Separator:

here is the problem. I don't know how to adjust here

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2019, 09:34:00 AM »
It seems a wrong setting of the realtime file creation by the wifi logger; how did you set the file creation in the wifi logger ??? What spaces left, etc.
Wim is much more knowledgeable on this than I, but for me the CU-HWS-2019-02 version by Ken (Saratogawx) works directly from the realtime.txt created and uploaded by WiFiLogger.

I have WiFiLogger upload the realtime.txt to my public_html/wifi-console folder so www.komokaweather.com/wifi-console/realtime.txt
I have FTP my HWS files in public_html/pws-wfl folder so www.komokaweather.com/pws-wfl
I have in HWS settings for "Your path to data file" entered as: ../wifi-console/realtime.txt

Unfortunately I can't check your realtime.txt file as clicking on the previously provided link gives me Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead each time I try those links.

Enjoy,
Paul
The security warning is about an invalid https certificate, annoying to say the least.

Below the first fields of realtime.txt from komokaweather without the extra spaces.
That realtime.txt is exactly as it should be. No problems, all fields in the right place.  WD34 template works fine.
So there must be a glitch in generating the other file.

Wim
    [0] => 05/15/19
    [1] => 09:27:06
    [2] => 15.1
    [3] => 47
    [4] => 3.9
    [5] => 3.1
    [6] => 3.2
    [7] => 305
    [8] => 0.00
    [9] => 0.20
    [10] => 1013.8
    [11] => NW
    [12] => 1
    [13] => km/h
    [14] => C
    [15] => hPa
    [16] => mm
    [17] => ---
    [18] => ---
    [19] => 62.20
    [20] => 286.20
    [21] => ---
    [22] => 24.9
    [23] => 35

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2019, 09:46:49 AM »
How can I check if I have the spaces or not ??? What program did you open the realtime.txt file ??

As for API, it's a mystery. I copied / pasted the Key present in my official WeatherLink dashboard, I checked that there are no spaces, etc. I put my password that I use to pass in WeatherLink and then the DID of my VP2 ....... doesn't go.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2019, 10:31:33 AM »
How can I check if I have the spaces or not ??? What program did you open the realtime.txt file ??
With your own link you can check your file also https://www.meteocamporamoso.it/pwsWD/demodata/realtime.txt

But it is easier when using the debug-console of the HWS-template: https://www.meteocamporamoso.it/pwsWD/w34_module_test.php
Click the button "list contents" (the  "./demodata/realtime.txt" is selected by default as it is in your easyweather settings)
The file is displayed in the bottom part, where you can see the extra space
Unprocessed first 50 characters of the file :05/15/19 16:13:02  9 69 3.6 2.9 0.0 31Clicking on "List this file as space separeted fields file" shows the vertical list.
All files uploaded or stored to be used later can be inspected this way.

As for API, it's a mystery. I copied / pasted the Key present in my official WeatherLink dashboard, I checked that there are no spaces, etc. I put my password that I use to pass in WeatherLink and then the DID of my VP2 ....... doesn't go.
The answer from weatherlink.com with your settings is also stored in a file on your server. It is in "./jsondata/wl.com"
This is the returned html from wl.com
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
<p>Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.<br />
</p>
</body></html>
If you are 100% sure that you entered the correct credentials can you please tell me where you entered them. 
Yes you set the language to Italian, set that visitors are not allowed to change that (although support is in ENGLISH only).
But the wl.com lines are not filled.
They are  empty with a blue background which signals that they not contain any information.

Wim

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2019, 11:11:53 AM »
@ MatteoPV

Sorry for the bad news.
I do not know which provider you have, but it seems your package is far to restrictive for using a dynamic template such as the HWS/weather34 type ones. The "data-blocks" (about 14 of them)are very dynamic and every minute multiple blocks within their own frequency are refreshed. But for that you need a decent webhosting plan.  When loading the page, all blocks are started individually so this results in 12 - 15 separete PHP processes in the apache que.
Attached is the screenshot when I try to load your page, more then half the blocks are empty and are only filled within a few minutes, not seconds as is normal. Even with other free or inexpensive  hosting packages this template  runs smoothly .

In the weather34/Meteobridge discussing on this same forum, the original author warned multiple times to obtain decent hosting.

You can use google to find the reasons of this 509 error message.
Wim

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2019, 12:04:36 PM »
My Host is paid, I'm running TOPHOST and I paid my Host.

Now I put https only in http

Offline MatteoPV

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2019, 01:10:15 PM »
I tried to configure the whole site from scratch, inserting all the APIs but it doesn't work.

At this point either I solve the problem of empty spaces in the realtime.txt file or abandon the project. I'm just sorry I already paid the host

anything