Author Topic: Wanted to Buy: La Crosse Ws-2315 Anemometer.  (Read 2715 times)

rikostan

Wanted to Buy: La Crosse Ws-2315 Anemometer.
« on: October 26, 2008, 11:26:44 AM »
Not sure if it's d my anemometer or my base, but I am not getting anything at all from my anemometer now. There was a lot of water in the device itself when I got home last night, not sure how that happened, but I dried it all out and still nothing.
I read a lot of tips and checked out different wiring, but to no avail. I also found some corrosion in the base itself, cleaned that all up and sealed everything up nice and tight still no readings.

I need to move up to a better station, but that isn't going to happen until after the first of the year, so hoping somebody has one here. I only want to pay about $20 total for the thing.

rikostan

Re: Wanted to Buy: La Crosse Ws-2315 Anemometer.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:31:19 PM »
Okay.... weird. It''s working again. I guess I will still take parts for this series of weather station, if you have them for sale, please let me know.

Offline Arthurhh

• Senior Contributor
  • IT Fixer
    • Tokoroa Weather Live
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 05:59:18 PM »
There are a number of companies on the web selling parts for La Crosse stations, off the top of my head is Parts Wharehouse, a google should turn up a couple

rikostan

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 07:41:26 PM »
Oh yeah there are a lot of them out there... I always google first, but I didn't want to pay $35 + shipping for something I was only going to use for the next couple of months. I would rather take parts off of people here rather than NOS.

Offline Arthurhh

• Senior Contributor
  • IT Fixer
    • Tokoroa Weather Live
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 09:18:03 PM »
I know what you mean, I have two 2315 stations, bought one as a spare due to my distance from the suppliers, I am still holding out for a Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus cabled, but the current economics are delaying it again.