Author Topic: Barometer pressure not showing up on new station  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Mysticstang

Barometer pressure not showing up on new station
« on: May 29, 2019, 12:28:15 PM »
I set up our new station this past weekend but it is not showing the pressure at all... I hit the reset button on it and still nothing. Am I missing something as I have read the book and found nothing to help me out?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Barometer pressure not showing up on new station
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 07:48:47 AM »
Would help to know what model station you are using.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Vette-kid

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 08:40:57 AM »
Curious if you got this fixed?  I am having the same problem on my HP2551.

Offline Theo

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 08:44:15 AM »
He probably did when he realized that the barometer was in the in-house sensor and not on the ISS.  IF he has a WS-2000, he needs a WH32B to get the barometer. (Or WH25)

Offline Vette-kid

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 08:50:31 AM »
It's in the console on the 2551, but I just get --.- on the display.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 08:56:17 AM »
It's in the console on the 2551, but I just get --.- on the display.

It is NOT in the HP2551 console. The HP2551 is the same thing as a WS-2000.  As Theo posted you need a WH32B or a WS-1000-BTH (WH25).
Tele-Pole

Offline Vette-kid

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 09:18:11 AM »
The product page clearly claims that it is.  I believe you of course, but I'm a little frustrated that the page claims otherwise.

http://www.ecowitt.com/weather_station/70.html

"Measures wind speed, wind direction, rainfall, outdoor temperature and humidity, solar radiation and UV. With a temperature, humidity and barometric pressure sensor inside the console".

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 09:27:30 AM »
The product page clearly claims that it is.  I believe you of course, but I'm a little frustrated that the page claims otherwise.

http://www.ecowitt.com/weather_station/70.html

"Measures wind speed, wind direction, rainfall, outdoor temperature and humidity, solar radiation and UV. With a temperature, humidity and barometric pressure sensor inside the console".

I think that is just a bad Chinese to English translation. What they mean to say is that the console displays the barometric pressure inside the display, which it gets from the WH32B. The WH25 (or WS-1000-BTH) is just the old version of the same thing (which also works).

See that product photo with the white sensor to the side? That is the WH32B. It is different to the WH31 which does not have barometric sensor. You can only have one WH32B, but you have have up to 8 WH31 sensors. The WH31 looks identical but it only has temperature and humidity.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:33:32 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 10:23:39 AM »
I find it kind of odd that peeps are able to purchase the HP2551 and that the WH32B is not being supplied with the console. I would of expected it to be a default...
Unless of course you are only purchasing a console and not the sensor array (ie a complete weather station) in which case perhaps ecowitt assumed you had all the sensors already and were just replacing a console!
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 12:51:14 PM »
One of the nice things about the WH2551/WS-2000 display is that it is a very nice color LCD display. This type of display generates a lot of heat. That is why it requires external temperature/humidity sensor, so as to not throw off indoor temperature and humidity. They also then figured that as long as they needed an external temperature/humidity sensor then the barometric sensor could also be incorporated in the external unit. This has the benefit of being able to move the console from upstairs to downstairs and not need to re calibrate the barometer. Often people with consoles that have a barometric sensor do not realize that the barometric sensor is inside the console....some people think the barometric sensor is in the outdoor sensor array. Barometric pressure is the same indoors as it is outdoors...so it is better protected if it is part of the indoor unit.

The GW1000 does not have a display to generate heat but it is such a small device and has a powerful chipset that generates heat (same chipset used on the HP2551/WS-2000). Because of this the GW1000 has that pig-tail with the temperature and humidity sensor to be external without requiring a separate device with batteries. That keeps the cost down of the GW1000 and allows it to provide good data for indoor temperature and humidity. It is an simple solution to the heat problem.

The WS-2902A has a built in barometric sensor and a built in indoor temperature and humidity sensor. The WS-2902A display though is LED and does not generate meaningful heat.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 12:52:46 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Theo

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 12:51:39 PM »
I find it kind of odd that peeps are able to purchase the HP2551 and that the WH32B is not being supplied with the console. I would of expected it to be a default...
Unless of course you are only purchasing a console and not the sensor array (ie a complete weather station) in which case perhaps ecowitt assumed you had all the sensors already and were just replacing a console!

When I bought my WS-2000, the WH32B came in the package.  I do not know what ecowitt is doing.  Silliness not to provide the 32B in the package unless you are buying piece by piece.  All  of these companies are confusing.  It sure wasn't clear to me that the Atlas console doesn't even connect to the internet AT ALL.  :(

Offline Vette-kid

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 05:28:57 PM »
Yeah it was not clear at all.  It did come with A WH31.  I wander if that was an accidental and should have been a32?  Will see what Lucy says later.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 10:42:18 PM »
It is not supposed to come with a WH31 unless you specifically ordered an extra temperature/humidity sensor.
Tele-Pole

Offline Vette-kid

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 10:54:20 PM »
I ordered four, got five. Hopefully I'll hear back from Lucy soon and get it straightened out.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2019, 10:59:26 PM »
Well that settles it for me. One of those is supposed to be the WH32B and they made a mistake.
Tele-Pole

Offline diego

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 02:43:04 PM »
hi friends!
someone has the same problem,in ecowitt.net the relative and absolute pressure has the same value. Anyone has it?
thank you

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 03:13:00 PM »
hi friends!
someone has the same problem,in ecowitt.net the relative and absolute pressure has the same value. Anyone has it?
thank you

If your relative and absolute pressure are the same value then that is because the console doing the upload reporting is configured so that the relative offset is zero. What console is being used to upload?

Here is the configuration for the GW1000. Realize that your relative offset is determined by your elevation. This is different in the HP2551 where you separately set Relative and Absolute pressures....but still their difference should be indicative of your elevation. This is something everyone needs to configure manually.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 03:18:44 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline diego

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 03:18:31 PM »
hi friends!
thank you

If your relative and absolute pressure are the same value then that is because the console doing the upload reporting is configured so that the relative offset is zero. What console is being used to upload?

Here is the configuration for the GW1000. Realize that your relative offset is determined by your elevation.
hooopss....it's true
thank you

Enviado desde mi MI 6 mediante Tapatalk

anything