Author Topic: Negative temperatures in integers only  (Read 218 times)

Offline John1

Negative temperatures in integers only
« on: January 17, 2020, 11:37:12 PM »
I didn't know where to put this, but I can't see this happening with any other weather station I check on Wunderground, so I figured I'd ask about it. I have a WS-2902, and nothing seems to be wrong with it, but on both Wunderground and AmbientWeather.net, once the temperature goes below 0°F, it starts recording with a resolution of 1.0°F instead of 0.1°C. Even though tonight it went down to −7.8°F (so far), the graph still doesn't go below −7.0°F. I've checked other WS-2902s and other stations near my area but I can't see this happening anywhere else. Weirder still, the Current Conditions temperature on my PWS page on Wunderground displays the correct temperature, tenths and all, but the graph is wrong, and on AmbientWeather.net it doesn't even display the proper temperature at all. Has anyone heard of this happening before? Restarting the display console didn't work, so I'm not sure what else to do. Thanks!
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Negative temperatures in integers only
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 05:22:16 AM »
Seems like you are experiencing bug from not having the latest firmware updates.

Do you have an original WS-2902 or is a WS-2902A?
You would also know if you are using the Ambient Osprey tool app or the awnet app. The awnet app is for the newer WS-2902A.

If you are using the awnet app then use that to update your firmware.

If you are using the Ambient Osprey tool then I think you are out of luck. Last I remember hearing that there aren't any updates for that version. But check and let us know.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline John1

Re: Negative temperatures in integers only
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 10:26:11 AM »
Quite sure it's just a WS-2902, because there's no way to update the firmware in the regular AmbientWeather app. I looked on the AmbientTool app and it said that I have firmware version 3.0.3 and that that's also the latest upgrade option. Looks like there's nothing I can do... Thanks though!

anything