Author Topic: IS not finding video  (Read 5326 times)

Offline Davidb

• Contributor
    • Glasson Sailing Club
IS not finding video
« on: March 11, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »
Hello,

my building site time lapse computer has been running for 4 months now, starting on bios and stopping with toff software - great tip from this forum, thanks.

However, on 50% of start ups, IS dosn't pick up the video from the Dazzle grabber and all I get is a white screen and an error message.  Restarting IS brings up the picture every time.

Startwatch dosen't register it as a crash, so its a bit of a problem if I don't spot it. I don't want the computer running 24/7

any ideas what to do, please?

David

Offline neondesert

• Forecaster
    • http://www.neondesertweather.com
Re: IS not finding video
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 06:16:44 PM »
Hi David,

You might want to try a different driver for your Dazzle device.  I am using an Osprey 100 video capture card
and have experienced high cpu usage and periodic crashes/hangs with IS in Windows 7 for no apparent reason in the past.  What solved the
problem, for me at least, was changing the driver for the card.  If I try to run the latest driver for my card the problem returns.
Larry
"But it's a DRY Heat!"

Offline Davidb

• Contributor
    • Glasson Sailing Club
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »
Hi,

thanks for that tip, I have put the latest driver in, but no change, I'l afraid.  Strangely, it always gets the video on second start.

I have startwatch starting before IS, so I shall try starting IS first, followed by startwatch.

see what happens, David

Offline kray1000

• Purveyor of wry
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.roanokevalleyweather.com
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:12:55 PM »
Do you let the computer finish booting before you start ImageSalsa?

Offline Davidb

• Contributor
    • Glasson Sailing Club
timing
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 01:59:29 AM »
Thanks Kray.

you might well be on to it there. I have now set it to start 2 mins after boot, Swatch to start 3 min after boot and TOff 6 min after boot ( using winpatrol ).

It worked fine this morning, will see how it goes.

David

Offline Davidb

• Contributor
    • Glasson Sailing Club
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »
Hello Again,

I'm afraid the problem hasn't quite gone, it is a bit better since  I set I S to start 8 min after boot, startwatch 10 min and TOff 14 min after boot up.

IS still finds the video on second start, so a workround would be to automate a double start, but I don't know how to do that sensibly, and don't like the idea.

David

anything