Author Topic: Meteobridge Pro Red - Indoor Temp Offset  (Read 962 times)

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
Meteobridge Pro Red - Indoor Temp Offset
« on: September 07, 2020, 10:22:07 PM »
I'm using Meteobridge Pro Red with a Davis 6163 Vantage Pro2 Plus.
Since Meteobridge Pro uses an Indoor Temp Sensor located in the box, it reads more than 20 Deg F. too high and needs to be offset.
A recent meteobridge pro firmware update changed the screen where I previously made offset changes to Indoor Temp.
Where there was previously a list of possible changes, now there is only a drop down box to choose from.
I cannot find in the drop down box the needed offset for Indoor Temp.
Help?
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Re: Meteobridge Pro Red - Indoor Temp Offset
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 03:35:28 AM »
probably best asking over on the MB forums or email.

email: info(at)smartbedded.com

https://forum.meteohub.de/viewforum.php?f=61

just curous have you done a CTRL-F5 just to refresh the browser in case the cache is loading old data and not loading new pages correctly?
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 03:53:13 AM »
I'm using Meteobridge Pro Red with a Davis 6163 Vantage Pro2 Plus.
Since Meteobridge Pro uses an Indoor Temp Sensor located in the box, it reads more than 20 Deg F. too high and needs to be offset.
A recent meteobridge pro firmware update changed the screen where I previously made offset changes to Indoor Temp.
Where there was previously a list of possible changes, now there is only a drop down box to choose from.
I cannot find in the drop down box the needed offset for Indoor Temp.
Help?

See attached screenshot
Go to the IP of your  Meteobridge and login
=> click tab Weather Station
=> click tab Settings in the next row of tabs

Select the sensor thb0temp which is in most stations the indoor temp/hum/baro sensor.
Type in the column offset -20 , leave Factor at 1, Select F under unit.

Then click "Save" at the bottom.

Wim

« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 04:30:44 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 06:20:55 AM »
In the latest firmware update that screen has been changed to a simple drop down box. Entering values in thb0temp doesn't allow a change of anything greater than 68 Deg F. Something has been screwed up. I need to go to his forum and ask about this.

On the other hand I may just ignore it. I can't see why anyone would be interested in my indoor temp that I keep controlled with my thermostat anyway.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 06:24:25 AM by TraderGary »
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 06:29:27 AM »
In the latest firmware update that screen has been changed to a simple drop down box. Entering values in thb0temp doesn't allow a change of anything greater than 68 Deg F. Something has been screwed up. I need to go to his forum and ask about this.

On the other hand I may just ignore it. I can't see why anyone would be interested in my indoor temp that I keep controlled with my thermostat anyway.

You should only enter the value you want to subtract  or add :  not 68 Deg, only -20  .

===

I am running the latest firmwares, also 1 on the beta friemware.
All show the same information.

If you post on the Metebridge forum also mention the firmware you are currently using.

Question already asked  by  @ConligWX did you use "CTRL-F5 " or similar just to refresh the browser
That was warned to do that with the first version as the old html and new html got into a mixup.

Maybe you should try to re-download just to make sure.

And if there is a strange problem, it is never wise to continue with that version, replace with the latest install.

Wim
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 09:27:36 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 06:32:36 AM »
You can also fix your indoor temp with a WLL. Yeah it is a bit extreme to only get a WLL for this reason. But if you were planning on doing some other things with your station then maybe the WLL could serve other purposes.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 06:40:46 AM »

You should only enter the value you want to subtract  or add :  not 68 Deg, only -20  .

===

I am running the latest firmwares, also 1 on the beta friemware.
All show the same information.

If you post on the Metebridge forum also mention the firmware you are currently using.

Question already asked  by  @ConligWX did you use "CTRL-F5 " or similar just to refresh the browser
That was warned to do that with the first version as the old html and new html got into a mixup.

Maybe you should try to re-download just to make sure.

And if there is a strange problem, it is never wise to continue with that version, replace with the latest install.

Wim

I'm wondering if the difference were seeing is that I'm using Meteobridge Pro Red and you're using different meteobridge hardware than I am.

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 06:53:41 AM »
galfert,
If adding the WLL would then be a simple configuration of having the MB Pro read from the WLL instead of the ISS, then I'll just order it. I plan to have Soil Moisture sensors for the garden this spring anyway, and the MB Pro won't reliably reach that far and the WLL should. The garden is about 300 feet away through an outside wall. I'm a bit vague on how I would configure with both WLL and MB Pro.

If I do that, will I still be able to feed WU at 5 second intervals? And I'm sure I'll be able to read internally essentially real-time.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 07:13:51 AM »
Yes to all your questions.

The Meteobridge Pro just gets changed from picking up the ISS directly to instead picking up all its live data from the WLL over your network. Under the Meteobridge's Weather Station tab you'll see the option to change to pick up data from WLL. And yes the WLL provides live data over the local network with no need for any subscription plan. The Meteobridge is then feed this live data and it can upload to WU every 5 seconds. The WLL will also let you get this live data with the Weatherlink app on your mobile.

I think this is where most people get it (in the US):
https://www.scaledinstruments.com/shop/davis-instruments/hardware-data-loggers-software/hardware-software-bundles/davis-6100-weatherlink-live/
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 07:16:07 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 07:19:01 AM »
. . .
I'm wondering if the difference were seeing is that I'm using Meteobridge Pro Red and you're using different meteobridge hardware than I am.
This is my nano, as close as possible to a MB-Pro
Exactly the same setup, I need to adjust the temp by -7 Degr C and it does that correctly.

Could you post a screenshot how it looks at your place?
Wim

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 07:30:02 AM »
I can't get the drop down box with a screenshot, but here's what the screen you are showing has been changed to on the MB Pro.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2020, 07:34:45 AM »
I can't get the drop down box with a screenshot, but here's what the screen you are showing has been changed to on the MB Pro.

Nice, you probably have to select a sensor, and then press save at the bottom, then  the screen would be redrawn and the boxes appear.
That should do it, 90% sure.  As it is basically the same layout without all the default sensors.

Just curious, what version is it on the systems tab?
Wim

P.S. i copied your screenshot to use as there are questions on non-english users here.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 07:38:04 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2020, 07:38:17 AM »
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 07:53:43 AM by galfert »

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2020, 09:23:34 AM »
Thanks for the blackout on the MAC address.
I didn't think about that.
And who do I have to thank?

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2020, 10:57:03 AM »
Simply select the sensor you want to calibrate from the "add sensor" drop-down. When done the settings press "save".
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2020, 12:20:48 PM »
I just now ordered the Davis Weather Link Live.
That will eliminate the need to calibrate my MB Pro for indoor temp.
I'll also be using the Davis barometer and Davis indoor humidity sensor.

I talked to Davis Support and although they can't support the MB Pro, I was assured I would have more than enough reach with the WLL to support garden sensors this coming spring. The MB Pro Station tab shows that I will be able to link the MB Pro via the IP on the WLL instead of using the RF link to the VP2 ISS. It appears that everything should work just the way I want.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 02:36:49 AM »
On my Nano, there is a setting in "Station, Weather Station" for compensation of internal heat cause by the Nano. not sure if anything is on that page for the MB Pro however.

Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 03:33:13 AM »
That's a nice page! The MB Pro has nothing like that. In fact even finding the needed sensor in the drop down box was an adventure.

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2020, 04:47:38 AM »
The Pro does read data via RF while the NANO interconnects with the console. Therefore, settings and screens are different. Internal temp is sensor "thb0temp" if you are looking for the variable name to calibrate.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick