Author Topic: Wunderground not showing current conditions on PC, does on cell phone  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Gulfstream4

Re: Wunderground not showing current conditions on PC, does on cell phone
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2022, 12:15:34 PM »
If it is not too much trouble, would someone mind explaining how to switch from password access to API access? I see how to generate an API but I do not see where to enter it into my settings.

In the weather software you use there should be a section for WUnderground uploading. It includes a password field. Just change that to your current API key.
That can be found by logging on to your WU account, choose Devices and you should see a key value. Replace your password with that key.

Do NOT generate a new API key.

Thank you for the help! I upload to WU with a WifiLogger 1st gen v2.38. There is no password field per se, but the there is a "station key" field. My current setup just requires entering station key as assigned by WU into that field. I have now attempted to enter my new API key into that field and, so far, it does not appear to be working. Have I done something incorrect?

Offline mmorris

• Forecaster
  • Hope your day is full of sunshine
    • Weather and Racin
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2022, 12:26:35 PM »
I change the pass in both VWS and Cumulus and it now works again. I wonder if this is a permanent change...

Well on mine it got the number back but things were still not updating like wind speed. So I change it back to the old password and it not right I give up till they fix it..
>>Miles<<  By from Portage Lakes, OH.
Been using VWS since 1996 Ver# 14.01P43
Wireless Vantage Pro2Plus Serial Data Logger, Anemo Tran Kit
Win XP, Firefox, WXSIM, Cumulus, NexStorm, Yawcam, VVP, BadBlue Web server, Quake Catcher Net
Follow me on twitter
Vietnam era Veteran USAF bb loader
Quadruple Bypass survivor

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2022, 12:39:49 PM »

Thank you for the help! I upload to WU with a WifiLogger 1st gen v2.38. There is no password field per se, but the there is a "station key" field. My current setup just requires entering station key as assigned by WU into that field. I have now attempted to enter my new API key into that field and, so far, it does not appear to be working. Have I done something incorrect?

Sorry I can’t really help with a WI-FI logger. When you say NEW api key you should be using the original, not a new one. Do you have a record of your original?

Offline Gulfstream4

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2022, 12:54:26 PM »

Sorry I can’t really help with a WI-FI logger. When you say NEW api key you should be using the original, not a new one. Do you have a record of your original?

Thank you Ray. I generated a new API because in the years and years I've been uploading to WU I've never used an API - password access only.

NOW - I decided to go back and re-enter my old station ID as issued by WU years ago and magically my station came back on the air. But honestly WU has been so unreliable for a number of days now that I don't have much faith in it right now. Hopefully that will change. I appreciate your help!

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2022, 01:11:43 PM »
@Gulfstream4. You’re welcome. We can both remember the good old days when you could edit erroneous data. How I long for that to return.

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2022, 03:05:38 PM »
Yeah the good old days of WU are truly missed. It was the go to place for PWS people. I loved when we could upload photos and view them from all over the world.

F.Y.I. my station stopped uploading around 11:30 am CDT yesterday 9/21. I appears to be uploading/displaying (now) all the data it's capable of.
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2022, 03:25:26 PM »
I have been using the "Key" since advised a few years back. I have some spotty Rapid Fire lately but never went off-line other than a half day or so. No action carried out on my part, just starts up again.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 03:27:38 PM by davidmc36 »

Offline Frannor

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2022, 02:53:02 AM »
Hi.
I deleted my old account a few months ago and set up a new one which is not working at all now what should I do next .
Thanks for all the above info ye are all giving it's a great help so far.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2022, 12:58:16 PM »
Hmmm. Say this is new now. Wind speed and gust graphs actually show real looking data now. Before the graph was nonsensical and gusts basically matched wind speed peaks.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2022, 11:36:39 AM »
Went for crap now. Graphs look like garbage and it's right out now.

No doubt there could be relation to Acurite stations being basically off-line lately.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2022, 05:39:56 AM »
Funny stuff.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]