Author Topic: Rain Reporting: Meteobridge vs. Vantage Pro 2  (Read 581 times)

Offline El Cerrito

Rain Reporting: Meteobridge vs. Vantage Pro 2
« on: February 14, 2019, 02:47:35 PM »
I see significant differences in rain reporting between Meteobridge and the Davis Console. This may not be a Meteobridge issue, but this seems like the place where informed users might be available to help. For example, at the moment the console reports 0.47" of rain today. By contrast, Meteobridge reports 1.13". If I look at nearby weather stations, I see totals in the range of 0.95" to 1.12". I conclude that the Meteobridge is reporting correctly, at least within the margin of error. (The rain multiplier = 1.00.)

Any thoughts about what is going on? Thanks in advance.

Marc

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Rain Reporting: Meteobridge vs. Vantage Pro 2
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 03:37:24 PM »
How is the MB reading the rainfall, direct from the ISS or thru the VP2? Is this rainfall for the day, month or year?

Offline El Cerrito

Re: Rain Reporting: Meteobridge vs. Vantage Pro 2
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 05:25:26 PM »
I'll be honest, I'm not sure whether the MB reads from the ISS or the VP2, although I suspect the latter. The MB connects to the WeatherLink output. I have not changed any default settings. I am seeing this for daily rainfall. The monthly rainfall is about 5% lower on the console than on MB. The MB was offline for part of this season's rain, so I'm not sure that a yearly comparison would be valid.

anything