Author Topic: Core servers will stop accepting unverified packets  (Read 3727 times)

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
Core servers will stop accepting unverified packets
« on: July 18, 2008, 08:06:21 AM »
July 17, 2008 - In the next few days, the APRS Core servers will stop accepting unverified packets. Any CWxxxx, DWxxxx or unverified ham packets will be rejected and not reach findU or CWOP or MADIS. To prevent this from happening to their packets, CWOP members need to check the recommended servers and make changes if needed.

Recommended servers: http://www.wxqa.com/servers2use.html

It will be interesting to see how many users migrate to the CWOP servers and whether they will be able to handle the traffic that the core servers have been handling.

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
Re: Core servers will stop accepting unverified packets
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 10:27:33 PM »
I am a little confused about this. I got the email earlier today from Russ about this. Now an email was sent out a couple of months ago asking to change servers and I did. Now when I changed to cwop1.tamu.edu and clicked upload it changed to rotate.aprs.net which is what it was set at. Then when I click upload again it just says Upload for the server. Was I already good with what I was using?

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 11:53:17 PM »
I am a little confused about this. I got the email earlier today from Russ about this. Now an email was sent out a couple of months ago asking to change servers and I did. Now when I changed to cwop1.tamu.edu and clicked upload it changed to rotate.aprs.net which is what it was set at. Then when I click upload again it just says Upload for the server. Was I already good with what I was using?

If you are not a Ham radio operator, and you are only uploading to CWOP via the Internet, then you should use cwop.aprs.net:14580 as the first server in your list.

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 01:26:01 AM »
Ok then I am good because that is where I had it set, thanks...