Author Topic: "Green" 6.8USB now running on OpenWrt - TL-MR3020  (Read 2198 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
"Green" 6.8USB now running on OpenWrt - TL-MR3020
« on: December 04, 2013, 06:21:01 AM »
I loaded OpenWrt (https://openwrt.org/) last night on the TP-Link TL-MR3020. \:D/
This is the same kind of router that Meteobridge runs on, but I bought a 2nd unit.

Other than some fiddling around getting the USB Serial port to work, it was easy to install.

I then loaded blitzortung_tracker_XLT3-1_ar71xx.ipk on it.

It is a small Linux distribution. I am really impressed by OpenWrt. The XLT3 tracker program is running well on it.
I don't seem to be able to find how to use the GUI for the tracker though. The only web server files in /www are for the OpenWrt GUI.

I have it running in a terminal session on my SuSE Linux box connected via SSH. If you are logged in on blitzortung.org looking at the participants, you will see that station 668 is running on XLT 3 OpenWrt / 31e.

Update:
I got the GUI to work using blitzortung_init after downloading it and modifying it. Unfortunately, the flash memory is full and I can't save anything other than /tmp which is RAM based and disappears after a reboot. ](*,)
Greg
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:07:29 PM by miraculon »

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: "Green" 6.8USB now running on OpenWrt - TL-MR3020
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:19:35 PM »
===============================================================================
UPDATE: Problem Solved
Fortunately I backed up the configuration using the "generate archive" function on the Backup/Firmware page of LuCI. I then did a "reset to defaults". The IP address went back to 192.168.1.1, but I used a laptop to reload the configuration file. Then I loaded the IPK files that were missing (USB Serial and Blitzortung) and I was back in business. I have free space again, and I was able to configure /etc/init.d and rc.local to automatically start blitzortung_tracker when the TP-Link reboots. All good now.
================================================================================​
Here is a screen capture of the tracker browser-based GUI.

Greg
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 09:57:50 PM by miraculon »

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF