Author Topic: Can’t reset my password for CWOP please help.  (Read 2744 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Can’t reset my password for CWOP please help.
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2020, 06:23:38 PM »
Well I'm saying that it is going to be around 30 feet. But I was only giving you some numbers and things to consider so that you could come up with a more accurate determination.

Then yes the Meteobridge is given this under the Weather Station tab where it says
-Local Settings-
Station Altitude:

The Ecowitt GW1000 and your Ambient WS-2000 also need this elevation that you determine...but there is nowhere to directly enter this elevation. But it is accomplished by the offset between Absolute and Relative pressure. Because the difference between Absolute and Relative pressure is indicative of your elevation above see level. It would be a lot simpler if the Ecowitt and Ambient would just have a place to enter elevation as the Meteobridge has, but unfortunately that is not the case. So you must follow the configuration steps in that other thread I linked before.

Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2020, 06:35:58 PM »
Well I'm saying that it is going to be around 30 feet. But I was only giving you some numbers and things to consider so that you could come up with a more accurate determination.

Then yes the Meteobridge is given this under the Weather Station tab where it says
-Local Settings-
Station Altitude:

The Ecowitt GW1000 and your Ambient WS-2000 also need this elevation that you determine...but there is nowhere to directly enter this elevation. But it is accomplished by the offset between Absolute and Relative pressure. Because the difference between Absolute and Relative pressure is indicative of your elevation above see level. It would be a lot simpler if the Ecowitt and Ambient would just have a place to enter elevation as the Meteobridge has, but unfortunately that is not the case. So you must follow the configuration steps in that other thread I linked before.

Oh jeez I am so lost now. I know how to enter the elevation in the meteobridge but still have no idea even after reading that thread how to input it in the ws2000 console and ecowitt. Can you create some graphics or calculate this for me I don’t know how to convert. What happens if I only input it into the weather bridge?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2020, 06:44:45 PM »
Well I'm trying to get you there as to how to do in the Ecowitt and the Ambient (and I hinted that it was going to be about 1 hPa) ...but you haven't given me your elevation yet. I know second floor and I now your location and that it is at 7.73 ft above sea level. But you haven't responded regarding the specifics of your 2nd floor based on the guidelines I gave you.
Tele-Pole

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2020, 07:34:48 PM »
Well I'm trying to get you there as to how to do in the Ecowitt and the Ambient (and I hinted that it was going to be about 1 hPa) ...but you haven't given me your elevation yet. I know second floor and I now your location and that it is at 7.73 ft above sea level. But you haven't responded regarding the specifics of your 2nd floor based on the guidelines I gave you.

Oh ok wait the console is at night stand level so like 2 feet as you posted. It’s on the second Floor. Hope this helps

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2020, 07:41:19 PM »
..and how high is your 2nd floor? I mentioned an average of 18 to 20 feet for most homes...but it could be something else.
Tele-Pole

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2020, 07:53:37 PM »
..and how high is your 2nd floor? I mentioned an average of 18 to 20 feet for most homes...but it could be something else.

I would say you’re right about 18-20 feet it’s not a big townhouse. Hopefully once you we figure this out you can show me exactly what and we’re i need to input these numbers. Dude I can’t thank you enough for answering all my messages

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2020, 10:33:17 PM »

Ok so I have gathered this..  I am about 30 feet above sea level when you add it all up. With  a difference of about around 1 hPa as an offset between Absolute and Relative pressure. These numbers are probably pretty close to correct. The all important question is we’re and how do I input those numbers in the meteobridge, ws2000, and ecowitt? If you could add a step by step tutorial i would really appreciate it.

Also CWOP contacted me today via email with this below : Do I need to send them anything different or they got it right?

Our records indicate that your site is sending weather data to Findu at http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=FW7105 but is not yet registered within CWOP. Registering with CWOP allows distribution of your weather data to institutions like NOAA. This is what we currently have for your site's location information: CWOP Call Sign/Site ID: FW7105, Latitude: 26.18017, Longitude: -80.27367, Elevation (meters): 2.99.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 10:38:16 PM by Adrian23 »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2020, 10:44:28 PM »
You have CWOP EW8834 from before. I don't know why now you are talking about using FW7105. You don't need a new CWOP ID. You can keep using your prior EW8834. Seems like you signed up for a new registration unnecessarily.

Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2020, 10:48:09 PM »
EW8834 is inactive. You can send an email to cwop-support@noaa.gov and have it reactivated.

It doesn't use a password.

Yes AmbientCWOP.com uses a password...but that is a separate thing.
Tele-Pole

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 10:53:55 PM »
You have CWOP EW8834 from before. I don't know why now you are talking about using FW7105. You don't need a new CWOP ID. You can keep using your prior EW8834. Seems like you signed up for a new registration unnecessarily.

Oh I did cause it was used at a totally different location years ago. If anything I will use the new one since it has my current location. Was just wondering if the numbers they had were correct?  Any input on my other questions?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2020, 10:56:17 PM »

Ok so I have gathered this..  I am about 30 feet above sea level when you add it all up. With  a difference of about around 1 hPa as an offset between Absolute and Relative pressure. These numbers are probably pretty close to correct. The all important question is we’re and how do I input those numbers in the meteobridge, ws2000, and ecowitt? If you could add a step by step tutorial i would really appreciate it.

Just to make the math work out better this is what I'm recommending.

Your total elevation that you should use for your station is 26 feet which is 8 meters.
Your Offset is then 1 hPa. This means that your Absolute and Relative pressure should differ by 1 hPa.

The Meteobridge is simple....you just tell it 26 feet.

Send email registration update to cwop-support@noaa.gov and let them know that EW8834 is going back to active status and that your elevation is now 8 meters (they need it in metric).

As for how to enter that into the GW1000 and the WS-2000 well it works out like this:
- First change Relative to be 1 hPa greater than Absolute.
- Then adjust Absolute up or down so that Relative gets bumped up or down by however much is required.
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2020, 10:57:25 PM »

Oh I did cause it was used at a totally different location years ago. If anything I will use the new one since it has my current location. Was just wondering if the numbers they had were correct?  Any input on my other questions?

You don't use a new CWOP ID when you move. You just send an email with the update of the new location.
You send them the new location (in decimal degrees)
the new elevation (in metric)
and you tell them that you are going back active.
Tele-Pole

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2020, 11:15:45 PM »

Just to make the math work out better this is what I'm recommending.

Your total elevation that you should use for your station is 26 feet which is 8 meters.
Your Offset is then 1 hPa. This means that your Absolute and Relative pressure should differ by 1 hPa.

The Meteobridge is simple....you just tell it 26 feet.

Send email registration update to cwop-support@noaa.gov and let them know that EW8834 is going back to active status and that your elevation is now 8 meters (they need it in metric).

As for how to enter that into the GW1000 and the WS-2000 well it works out like this:
- First change Relative to be 1 hPa greater than Absolute.
- Then adjust Absolute up or down so that Relative gets bumped up or down by however much is required.

So I am going into the WS2000 console itself?  I get the meteobridge understand that but I am not understanding the gw1000 and ws2000 on how to enter those numbers. You said to change  relative to be 1 hPa greater then absolute. We’re do I do this?  Also you said to adjust absolute
 up or down so that Relative gets bumped up or down by however much is required. Can you tell me the exact numbers they need to be at or close enough?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2020, 11:31:12 PM »
Yes in the WS-2000 you do those steps.

- Settings / Setup screen: change Barometer Units to hpa.
- Calibration screen: Change REL Barometer to be exactly 1 hpa greater than ABS Barometer
- The last step is to back out of Settings to the main view....look at REL Barometer....compare that to your local METAR....decide how much REL needs to be adjusted up or down.....then you go back into Calibration screen and bump up or down ABS by that amount ...to effect that amount of change ****

*** The key thing in the last step is that you are not directly touching REL....you are changing ABS to to not match the METAR but to change it by a given amount determined by how much change is required on your REL reading.

What you'll realize is that every time you bump ABS up or down you are changing REL by the same amount up or down.  Because once the difference of 1 hpa is entered in to REL you never ever ever touch REL again. There is no need to touch REL again. Any change that you need to realize in REL is done by changing ABS by the amount needed.

The GW1000 is done the exact same way.

1 hpa = 26 feet of elevation (8 meters)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 11:37:09 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2020, 11:54:15 PM »
Yes in the WS-2000 you do those steps.

- Settings / Setup screen: change Barometer Units to hpa.
- Calibration screen: Change REL Barometer to be exactly 1 hpa greater than ABS Barometer
- The last step is to back out of Settings to the main view....look at REL Barometer....compare that to your local METAR....decide how much REL needs to be adjusted up or down.....then you go back into Calibration screen and bump up or down ABS by that amount ...to effect that amount of change ****

*** The key thing in the last step is that you are not directly touching REL....you are changing ABS to to not match the METAR but to change it by a given amount determined by how much change is required on your REL reading.

What you'll realize is that every time you bump ABS up or down you are changing REL by the same amount up or down.  Because once the difference of 1 hpa is entered in to REL you never ever ever touch REL again. There is no need to touch REL again. Any change that you need to realize in REL is done by changing ABS by the amount needed.

The GW1000 is done the exact same way.

1 hpa = 26 feet of elevation (8 meters)

GW1000 is done from the WS-VIEW app correct?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 11:56:36 PM by Adrian23 »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2020, 12:00:48 AM »

Yes, for the GW1000 you use the WS View app.
- Select your GW1000 device in WS View
- More / Calibration

Rel Offset: 1.0 hpa
Abs Offset: <whatever it needs to be to calibrate Rel to match METAR...but 0 is a good starting point>

* Requires that you select hpa for units:
Menu / Unit Settings - then select hpa for Pressure.

Tele-Pole

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2020, 12:03:07 AM »

Yes, for the GW1000 you use the WS View app.
- Select your GW1000 device in WS View
- More / Calibration

Rel Offset: 1.0 hpa
Abs Offset: <whatever it needs to be to calibrate Rel to match METAR...but 0 is a good starting point>

* Requires that you select hpa for units:
Menu / Unit Settings - then select hpa for Pressure.

So in a sense both devices have to match? Meaning the gw1000 and the ws2000

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2020, 12:13:01 AM »
Yes both GW1000 and WS-2000 will match in the following:

- REL Offset is 1.0 hpa.
- REL displayed will match METAR
- Resulting ABS on main display will match.

But realize that these sensors will be constantly taking measurements. It will not be out of line if at any point you notice that they differ by a very small bit like 0.1 hPa. That is just normal for a live system that is constantly taking measurements. It is within the margin of error. But they should mostly match most of the time.
Tele-Pole

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2020, 12:18:52 AM »
Yes both GW1000 and WS-2000 will match in the following:

- REL Offset is 1.0 hpa.
- REL displayed will match METAR
- Resulting ABS on main display will match.

But realize that these sensors will be constantly taking measurements. It will not be out of line if at any point you notice that they differ by a very small bit like 0.1 hPa. That is just normal for a live system that is constantly taking measurements. It is within the margin of error. But they should mostly match most of the time.

One very last one we’re is METAR located? Don’t know we’re to look.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2020, 12:31:09 AM »

KFXE - Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport
https://aviationweather.gov/metar/data?ids=KFXE&format=decoded&date=&hours=0

and

KFLL - Ft. Lauderdale/Hollwood International Airport
https://aviationweather.gov/metar/data?ids=KFLL&format=decoded&date=&hours=0

You match METAR Sea Level Pressure to your Relative Pressure
Tele-Pole

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2020, 05:51:14 AM »

KFXE - Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport
https://aviationweather.gov/metar/data?ids=KFXE&format=decoded&date=&hours=0

and

KFLL - Ft. Lauderdale/Hollwood International Airport
https://aviationweather.gov/metar/data?ids=KFLL&format=decoded&date=&hours=0

You match METAR Sea Level Pressure to your Relative Pressure

So relative pressure is the one located in my specific location like on console? And absolute is to a near airport?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2020, 07:06:47 AM »
So relative pressure is the one located in my specific location like on console? And absolute is to a near airport?

No, Relative pressure is like Sea Level Pressure or Altimeter. Those all are different names for almost the same thing. They represent a barometric pressure that has been adjusted to indicate what barometric pressure would be if you were at sea level at that location, even though you really aren't at sea level. It is a way of equalizing a station so that neighbor stations can compare themselves to each other because you pretend like as if everyone is at the same elevation of sea level.

This is why you can compare yourself to the local airport METAR even if your elevation is different than at the airport. Because all that matters is that they are close to you (same weather front being experienced). The correction for sea level that you do for your elevation is going to be different than the correction that the airport has done. But you'll both show the same sea level pressure after the calculations. Your correction is 1 hPa. It doesn't matter what the correction is for the airport as that is only for them to determine their Absolute (station) pressure.

If you were to take your calibrated barometer for your location down to sea level if it is nearby then you would notice that the pressure increases by 1 hPa. Because the decent of 26 ft or 8 meters is equivalent to to that pressure difference.

Absolute pressure is just barometric pressure at your elevation without any such adjustments. Absolute pressure is also refered to as station pressure.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 07:24:42 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2020, 07:44:35 AM »

No, Relative pressure is like Sea Level Pressure or Altimeter. Those all are different names for almost the same thing. They represent a barometric pressure that has been adjusted to indicate what barometric pressure would be if you were at sea level at that location, even though you really aren't at sea level. It is a way of equalizing a station so that neighbor stations can compare themselves to each other because you pretend like as if everyone is at the same elevation of sea level.

This is why you can compare yourself to the local airport METAR even if your elevation is different than at the airport. Because all that matters is that they are close to you (same weather front being experienced). The correction for sea level that you do for your elevation is going to be different than the correction that the airport has done. But you'll both show the same sea level pressure after the calculations. Your correction is 1 hPa. It doesn't matter what the correction is for the airport as that is only for them to determine their Absolute (station) pressure.

If you were to take your calibrated barometer for your location down to sea level if it is nearby then you would notice that the pressure increases by 1 hPa. Because the decent of 26 ft or 8 meters is equivalent to to that pressure difference.

Absolute pressure is just barometric pressure at your elevation without any such adjustments. Absolute pressure is also refered to as station pressure.

Ok so I have attached pictures of my console for you and went into the settings so maybe like this you could tell me what’s going on and what goes in what box. I can’t thank you enough for your help to this point hopefully this will make it easier for you to show me what to do.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2020, 08:11:50 AM »
I can see from your screenshot that you are still using inHg for pressure instead of hPa.

See this earlier post where I laid our the steps to change this and your next steps.
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=39262.msg403978#msg403978
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:36:12 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2020, 08:25:32 AM »
I can see from your screenshot that you are still using inHg for pressure instead of hPa.

See this earlier post where I laid our the steps to change this and you next steps.
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=39262.msg403978#msg403978

This has been beyond confusing for me. Were do i enter this REL Offset is 1.0 hpa. ? That's why i sent you the screen shots so maybe you can put were to put what.

Calibration screen: Change REL Barometer to be exactly 1 hpa greater than ABS Barometer- what would this look like?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:36:58 AM by Adrian23 »