Author Topic: WeatherLink Console 6313 has arrived!  (Read 38058 times)

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
Re: WeatherLink Console 6313 has arrived!
« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2023, 07:43:48 AM »
Yes it updated to 1.2.7 during commissioning.

OK, will wait and see if it improves…….

Offline Bill714

• Contributor
    • Fall River Weather
« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2023, 08:08:45 AM »
Hi,

I have just purchased this and installed it last night.

It is very laggy - when you press the screen it takes a while to respond/ load graphs etc. is this normal ? Pressing the home button from front screen takes around 5 secs to load the next screen then it can take another 20 seconds to load the current forecast tab. It wasn’t like this last night when I set it up.

Did you remove the screen protector?

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2023, 08:34:43 AM »
No the screen protector is still on. This won’t affect the lag of loading screens.

Offline ardsar

• Weather Plymouth
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2023, 01:57:18 PM »
I think the problem with the device getting slow to respond on touch and loading data is due to the power save. I reset the device and it has been fine all day up to the point where I disconnected the power cord to do some tests. I came back after about 10 mins, the screen was blank, so touched the screen to wake up. It has been painfully slow since…….

This would also explain why it was ok last night, until the morning. When turning the lights off the device goes into power save…….

Restarting the unit fixes the issue……
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 03:46:38 PM by ardsar »

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2023, 04:07:29 PM »
I think it is safe to say, it was an appalling product launch, and the unit / software is appalling, even now.

I'm surprised people are still paying the ridiculous price for it?!

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #280 on: June 26, 2023, 08:58:06 PM »
It has been nearly a month and no postings to this thread. I guess that means everybody who has bought the new console is happy as can be and believes the pricing for the new console is fairly priced, and if anything, could be higher in price! Seriously, I have a question that I hope hasn’t already been addressed, but here goes. I have 3 VP2 stations and currently I have 3 VP2 consoles to receive data—one for each station. It would be nice if this new console could receive data from each of my 3 stations, and I could choose which station’s data to view on the console—Station A, Station B, or Station C. Is this a possibility? My guess is no, but that would be a nice feature to have.

Continuing on my “wish list,” currently I have a WiFiLogger in each if my 3 consoles that uploads to WU, CWOP, etc. If this new console can view each if my 3 stations, can this new console upload separately to WU, CWOP, etc. the data from each of my 3 VP stations?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 10:35:21 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline cruff

« Reply #281 on: June 26, 2023, 09:17:37 PM »
One of the new features is the ability to view multiple stations by swiping left/right on the main screen. I assume that this is what is intended, but as I only have a single station I can't verify this.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2023, 06:03:06 AM »
One of the new features is the ability to view multiple stations by swiping left/right on the main screen.

Absolutely open to correction on this if someone else knows better, but AFAIK the swipe left/right feature on the main data screen is limited to displaying data from other stations in your weatherlink.com account that are already uploading to wl.com. (In other words, the data is downloaded from wl.com.) Maybe this could include stations that you do not own but which you have added to your Saved list, but I'd need to double-check that. The swipe left/right feature seems to work well for this (as long as you have a working Wifi connection.)

So, as far as I am aware, it is not currently possible to set up multiple screens for various local transmitters that are being received directly by the console. That would be a logical extension of this feature, but it doesn't seem to have been implemented yet - there doesn't appear to be any obvious mechanism for customising a 2nd, 3rd etc data screen.

So, to the best of my knowledge, the 6313 console can certainly receive and display data from eg multiple ISS units, but it can only display them within the limitation of the current display template, ie one central wind rose and then a maximum of 6 tiles each with up to 2 values.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 07:27:28 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2023, 06:19:14 AM »
Continuing on my “wish list,” currently I have a WiFiLogger in each if my 3 consoles that uploads to WU, CWOP, etc. If this new console can view each if my 3 stations, can this new console upload separately to WU, CWOP, etc. the data from each of my 3 VP stations?

On this point specifically: The 6313 console does not upload data to any server at all EXCEPT weatherlink.com. So you have to use data forwarding from weatherlink.com to WOW, CWOP etc rather than doing it locally (which is of course part of the free tier at wl.com).

But while a single 6313 console could upload data to wl.com from multiple ISS units, I don't believe there is any mechanism currently at wl.com to allow forwarding of data from multiple ISS units to different station accounts at WU etc. Presumably at present you can only forward data from the primary ISS.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline jmello65

« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2023, 05:48:53 PM »
For the amount of money i have spent --  it still has room for improvement  --hopefully more will be done

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #285 on: July 07, 2023, 10:23:44 AM »
I can now join in this conversation, but only on behalf of my sister.

She lives a few doors down from me, and she can easily pick up my weather data. She was using the vantage vue console to view it.

She has now bought the new console, and asked me to pop round and set it up.. jeez, what a nightmare!

It did all of it's updates, when it came back on, the data froze on the screen and it said no sensors were connected. I did a reset, when the console came back online, the background colour was a solid blue colour, not the colours you see in the pictures. I turned high contrast on, the blocks turned black/grey, but the background colour stayed solid blue.

I decided to do a factory reset, set it all back up again and then the data froze on screen. Again, I hit the reset button. When it came back, the high contrast setting was working. Dark boxes and background. If I turn off high contrast mode, it does nothing.

I haven't said anything to my sister, but it is absolutely dreadful!

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #286 on: July 08, 2023, 06:30:29 AM »
My sister sent me these this morning:

https://ibb.co/NjH9CXj
https://ibb.co/YkNZJFB

Touchscreen is apparently terrible, it's slower than a knock-off tablet. It becomes unresponsive and lagged. The loading the map of other stations pretty much freezes and is unusable. It's embarrassing.

It suggests to me that it has minimal RAM, and a poor chipset. No amount of software updates will fix that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 06:33:46 AM by Mapantz »

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #287 on: July 08, 2023, 08:02:23 AM »
Ne info just in:

sunrise/sunset icons & time have disappeared from the screen.

Moonrise and moonset times are completely wrong.

Data has frozen again.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 08:03:54 AM by Mapantz »

Offline ChrisB

« Reply #288 on: July 08, 2023, 09:19:05 AM »
Thanks for the updates. Does indeed sound like a nightmare. Every time I get alerted that there’s a new post in the thread I hope it’s positive news about an update that has fixed everything, but sadly not!
http://www.kennfordweather.com - Devon, U.K

Davis Vantage Vue | Davis AirLink | WiFi Logger

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #289 on: July 08, 2023, 09:50:49 AM »
Thanks for the updates. Does indeed sound like a nightmare. Every time I get alerted that there’s a new post in the thread I hope it’s positive news about an update that has fixed everything, but sadly not!

I know I have been extremely critical of it, but after using it, it's completely justified.

I've got quite a nice 10.1 Huawei tablet, which is nippy at loading apps, and browsing. I've also got a cheap 7" tablet from years ago, when using that after using the Huawei, it's slow and laggy, and takes ages to respond. The Davis console is like that, but worse. It's right on the edge of being unusable. Even the wind speed updates in the center screen show bad ghosting - the screen cannot refresh quickly enough, so you see a mix of the old value and the new value at the same time.

The only praise I can give is that the current conditions text in the ticker has been accurate.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 09:52:24 AM by Mapantz »

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2023, 11:34:53 AM »
The town me and my sister live in, just had a torrential downpour. She sent me a picture of console saying "It's raining cats & dogs" at least they kept the easter eggs in the console!

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #291 on: July 08, 2023, 06:55:11 PM »
Latest message:

All of the on-screen values have lost their decimal points, and are rounded. The settings show that the resolution is set to 100.0.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #292 on: July 09, 2023, 07:06:53 AM »
Mapantz Davis just called and wants to hire you for their marketing of the new 6313 :twisted:
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #293 on: July 09, 2023, 07:36:17 AM »
Mapantz Davis just called and wants to hire you for their marketing of the new 6313 :twisted:

I would've resigned and told them that I am not willing to rush the product to a mass market with canary software.  :lol:

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #294 on: July 10, 2023, 03:49:32 PM »
Console stopped sending data to WeatherLink yesterday, but the console says it is connected.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #295 on: July 11, 2023, 07:23:16 AM »
The console customization is rather limited in my experience.

I don't get why Davis doesn't allow you to use ANY sensor value in each tile?!

For example 2 x 3 display:

Top left:
Outside temp / Outside humidity

Middle left:
Inside temp / Inside Humidity

Bottom left:
Outside dew point / Feels like

(There is no option for 'feels like' even though the it shows it in the examples)

You cannot have that combination. If you want dew point, you have to have it with outside humidity, or outside temperature. If you select one of those, then you have to change the other tiles so you don't get a repeat value, but the combinations that are left aren't useful for some users.

Inside temperature with heat index is completely pointless for me.

You cannot even select to have dew point on it's own.

They shouldn't have added their own combinations, it should be 100% down to the user to put whatever data field they like on the screen.

The touch screen is a waste of space. It registers touches on parts of the screen that I'm not even touching, which results in things opening that I haven't selected. It's one of the most infuriating devices I have ever used.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 07:25:27 AM by Mapantz »

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #296 on: July 14, 2023, 01:06:10 PM »
Davis are apparently rolling out a new firmware today/tomorrow..

Offline mongo

« Reply #297 on: July 18, 2023, 01:20:23 PM »
updated to 1.2.14 just now. everything looks good except on the feed from weather link I don't get my bar trend bubble arrow or digital display. It works on the feed from my station here on the other screen. I now have sunrise/set display back on both screens. it's getting close to being 100%. I'll send Bruce an update.
FW7415
KCOCASTL611
Stella Ranch WLL

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #298 on: July 18, 2023, 03:22:10 PM »
updated to 1.2.14 just now. everything looks good except on the feed from weather link I don't get my bar trend bubble arrow or digital display. It works on the feed from my station here on the other screen. I now have sunrise/set display back on both screens. it's getting close to being 100%. I'll send Bruce an update.

I've just updated my sister's console and I see zero difference. The problem switching on/off contrast mode still exists, console is still slow etc

Why do they never provide release notes? That really pisses me off.

This is what Bruce said to me in an email:

We are aware of these issues.
Hopefully we will have most of these issues fixed in the next version of the firmware.

Another bug; If you reboot the console, all of the highs/lows for the day get reset and start again. What's the point in that?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 03:31:29 PM by Mapantz »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #299 on: July 19, 2023, 06:56:29 AM »
updated to 1.2.14 just now.

Seems to me that the map page now works more robustly, but this might just be subjective - I can't be 100% sure that it's a result of the firmware update. Previously it seemed to need a reset of the map (eg zoom in and back out) to reliably see the Bulletin data from new station picks and now it seems to me to be a lot smoother.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK