Weather Software > Station Software Development

Ambient Weather Windows Store (UWP) Dashboard APP

<< < (4/4)

galfert:
I agree. That is ridiculous when 8 decimal places gives a precision for 1 mm.

cheeroip:

--- Quote from: galfert on December 26, 2020, 02:57:51 PM ---I agree. That is ridiculous when 8 decimal places gives a precision for 1 mm.

--- End quote ---
Ill round it up to 0 decimals, how do the station try to guestimate the elevation anyway?
Ill keep show the "raw" data in the settings anyway in case somebody is a purist

galfert:
Unfortunately all Fine Offset clone stations do not have a way to directly enter elevation. What is required is to properly configure the Relative pressure offset. This indirectly is ones elevation. The user can see Absolute pressure and then see by how much the two differ. Some math is required and using an online calculator solves that problem.

https://keisan.casio.com/exec/system/1224579725

All the user needs to do is to enter in their elevation into that online calculator. Then they can see the difference between Sea Level Pressure (Relative) and Atmospheric Pressure (Absolute). Then they can dial in that difference into their Relative pressure as an offset and then they are almost done....

If the station still needs calibration then that is done by adjusting the Absolute pressure which will impact a change by the same amount to the Relative pressure.

cheeroip:
 :?:
Quick question:
How different console manage (additional?) temperature sensors?
I got this answer from a user feedback.
The JSON have temp1f (secondary sensor?) and doesn't even bother to have the empty tempf (I always assumed was the main sensor)

--- Code: ---"lastData":{
      "dateutc":1612192980000,
      "tempinf":61.7,
      "humidityin":28,
      "battout":1,
      "temp1f":33.2,
      "humidity1":83,
      "batt1":1,
      "feelsLike1":33.2,
      "dewPoint1":28.6,
      "feelsLikein":61.7,
      "dewPointin":28.3,
      "tz":"America/New_York",
      "date":"2021-02-01T15:23:00.000Z"
    },...
--- End code ---

Which model rely only on secondary sensors? How do they manage different "channels?" ?
I wish AmbientWeather API just had a "version" value that would simplify a lot all the exceptions ...

cheeroip:
OK, mystery solved, was a WS-8482
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Not sure why they didn't use tempf for the 1st sensor.... grrrr

--- Quote from: cheeroip on February 01, 2021, 11:17:29 AM --- :?:
Quick question:
How different console manage (additional?) temperature sensors?
I got this answer from a user feedback.
The JSON have temp1f (secondary sensor?) and doesn't even bother to have the empty tempf (I always assumed was the main sensor)

--- Code: ---"lastData":{
      "dateutc":1612192980000,
      "tempinf":61.7,
      "humidityin":28,
      "battout":1,
      "temp1f":33.2,
      "humidity1":83,
      "batt1":1,
      "feelsLike1":33.2,
      "dewPoint1":28.6,
      "feelsLikein":61.7,
      "dewPointin":28.3,
      "tz":"America/New_York",
      "date":"2021-02-01T15:23:00.000Z"
    },...
--- End code ---

Which model rely only on secondary sensors? How do they manage different "channels?" ?
I wish AmbientWeather API just had a "version" value that would simplify a lot all the exceptions ...

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version