Weather Software > Station Software Development

Ambient Weather Android Widget APP

<< < (3/3)

mpatterson42:
Is there a way to display data from other sensors in the widget?  I only see the data for the outside temperature and inside temperature.  I have a sensor in my pool and another in a tortoise house that I'd like to be able to view with the widget.

cheeroip:
thanks for trying the app out.

The widget settings should show the "raw" data with all the sensors reported by the station.

mpatterson42:
Thanks for the reply!  I am not sure if there's something I am missing but there seems to be a lot of data that isn't shown.  I'm a very inexperienced programmer but I was able to get a very basic Python app working that pulled the data from the device through the API.  I am attaching two screenshots from your Widget App (API key and MAC address were redacted) as well as the data I was able to pull from the API in a text file (API keys, MAC Address, and Location information has been REDACTED).  The two bits of data I am interested in are temp2f and temp3f.  In the app it only seems to be showing the value for tempf and tempinf.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

cheeroip:
Yes you're right.
I should have just dump the whole result in the setting page instead of trying to gently parse the XML.
The protocol at the time was a bit confusing and people at Ambient Weather didn't seem to be thrilled to have to deal with a "competitive" (?) app.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version