Weather Software > VP Tools (Virtual VP, VP Live, and VP Tools)

Eterlogic VSPE

(1/4) > >>

SierraFoothills:
Does anyone know if the Eterlogic serial port emulator by itself
http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html
can be used to run VWS and WeatherLink on the same computer? I am using VWS but would like some of the features of Weatherlink. The 32bit driver is free.

mike

Windows 7 32Bit
Davis VP2 Firmware Rev 3.63
Weatherlink USB in serial mode
WeatherLink v6.03
Virtual Weather Station v15 p05
http://weather.railroadflat.org

saratogaWX:
That's a No .. You would need to run VirtualVP to offer separate ports.  The problem is that VirtualVP does not support firmware above 1.90 (AFAIK) and since you have a new Davis system, VirtualVP wouldn't work with it.  Sorry...

The VSPE software just provides a 'null modem' connection between two serial ports (a pair).  I use it with VirtualVP (and my old VP1+ console) to map pairs like COM5-COM15, COM6-COM16 (etc) and VirtualVP offers COM15, COM16 (etc) and the weather software connects to COM5, COM6 etc. 

So, with your new firmware, you won't be able to run more than one weather software at a time :(

SierraFoothills:
Thanks. Do you happen to know if there is a hardware solution?

mike

johnd:

--- Quote from: SierraFoothills on February 26, 2018, 07:48:49 PM ---Thanks. Do you happen to know if there is a hardware solution?
--- End quote ---

There isn't. At least, not other than running a second console/logger (assuming that it's a wireless station) and hence having a second independent feed of data.

AZmonsooncats:
Been asking in my other post  about upgrading my computer, but is this the driver that will be necessary to run Virtual Vp, with Weatherlink, Vp Live and Weather display on my new windows 10 computer? It should be arriving in a few days and trying to figure out how to get everything up and running from my old xp computer. Note I do have the older firmware in my Vantage Pro 2 console since I never upgraded it. The new computer will have a serial port on a pCIe card.

--- Quote ---Needing Advise on a replacement Computer as the old machine is on it's last leg.
--- End quote ---

Jeanette

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version