Weather Software > Station Software Development

Add-InWx

<< < (2/24) > >>

Josiah:
Add-InWx Version 1.0.0.4 Beta is now ready for download.

Its mostly minor changes, the only big one being the user can now select what units the data is displayed in.
For those who are so inclined the full change log can be viewed here: https://app.box.com/s/8ee1i6hqmrg2kcurhv27

Beaudog:
I have it running on win7 via tcp.

I can't find the files.      How do I delet the peet bros station and a couple of other stations I accidently made while trying to set it up.

Josiah:
All the setting files are located in your "Documents" or "My Documents" folder under a sub folder called "Add-InWx".

The folder path for the Station Settings files is "Documents\Add-InWx\Stations".
The station files are labeled with the station Name a " - " then the name of the Plugin Type they use, so a "Peet Bros" station named "My Station" would have a settings file labeled "My Station - Peet Bros.txt".

Sorry about not posting where the files are located.

aweatherguy:
Josiah,

I noticed you are using a file share site for distribution. You could perhaps generate more interest and traffic for your program by moving to a site like SourceForge or even starting your own web site.

SourceForge is free and you'd have more exposure to folks looking for weather software, but you would need to make your source code available.

If you want to keep the source code proprietary instead, then for as little as $10-20 a month you can grab a domain name and get a web site up and running with a hosting service.

I'm glad you're having fun; that's what it's all about!

Drop me a pm if you want more info on any of this.

Josiah:
Add-InWx Version 1.0.0.5 Beta is now ready for download!
Look in the "Download links" section of the original post for the links to the change-log and to download it.

aweatherguy,
Thanks for the tips.
For now the file share site seems to be working fine. I will admit that gaining more interest and traffic for Add-InWX would be nice, but at this point i'm not sure if i want to release the source code. By not releasing the source code it leaves me with the ability to (If i decide to) start asking for donations or selling it.
Once I have more time and have expand Add-InWx more, then I'll start thinking about putting up a website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version