Author Topic: New IPTimeLapse user  (Read 2337 times)

Offline scudwatcher

• Billy T. Forecaster Webmaster csraweather.net
  • Senior Contributor
  • Amateur Radio KC4SRA csraweather.net
    • CSRA Weather
Re: New IPTimeLapse user
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2023, 08:48:33 AM »
Greetings From The CSRA!  I have connected my REOLINK DUO WIFI camera utilizing the rtsp streaming at https://csraweather.net   I am having a non-consistent issue with the vertical striping effect.  In IPTL, I have checked the "rtsp striping filter" FIRST, then the "RTSP using TCP" with no observed corrections.  I have also checked the "partial image rejection" with a "THRESHOLD" of 3.0.  These settings do help, but every now and then, I observe the striping effect and partial image issue.  Any of you IPTL gurus have any suggestions?  Thank You in advance!

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2023, 12:17:56 PM »
You have the firmware up to date?  I didn't have to check any of those boxes for my Duo 2.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2023, 12:24:27 PM »
In case anyone is wondering, the camera picked up my neighbors shooting off fireworks.  We had some lightning last night, but I didn't catch any of that browsing the files.

But if anyone looks tonight between 10:00 pm and 11:00 pm CST, I'm sure you'll catch a ton of fireworks.  Neighbors tend to go crazy.  I'm betting $250k worth of fireworks goes off in my neighborhood over the 4th.  These are a couple of the better shots.

https://www.bismarckweather.net/wxwebcamlarge.php

https://iptl.bismarckweather.net/temp/20230703223041.jpg
https://iptl.bismarckweather.net/temp/20230703225540.jpg

Flash bangs can light up the whole yard.  Over expose the crap out of the picture.  Doesn't seem to have bothered the camera.

Unfortunately, it's all BW after dark.
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline scudwatcher

• Senior Contributor
    • CSRA Weather
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2023, 01:44:21 PM »
Yeah, firmware is up to date on ALL my cameras.  Still struggling with the partial image and the vertical striping effect.  I just "unchecked" the "RTSP striping filter" and the "RTSP using TCP" boxes.  I sometimes get a partial image as well, but have not checked that box....JEEZ....so temperamental!  I am about to pull the plug on the DUO.  Besides, I really don't have a large back yard for a wide angle perspective.....any suggestions?  Thanks in advance....HAPPY FOURTH!

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2023, 05:15:53 PM »
Do you get the striping with the Reolink software?  I'm curious if your network could have some latency going on.

Offline scudwatcher

• Senior Contributor
    • CSRA Weather
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2023, 05:37:50 PM »
No, I have my cams on my Reolink NVR.  No images issues....but notice that they loose connection, then reconnect..... ](*,)

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2023, 08:39:04 AM »
Yeah, losing connections isn't good.  I'm sure it would be related.

I'm not running any NVR at the moment.  I have my Reolink directly connected to my Ubiquiti Dream Machine SE, which has POE built into the router switch ports.  That may be a part of why mine may be more stable.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 08:52:01 AM by 92merc »

Offline weatherdoc

• Senior Contributor
    • Willowsford Farm Weather
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2023, 05:09:11 PM »
My Reolink captured some Independence Day fireworks also. I have a 256GB micro SD card in the camera, so I can download video and extract images.

Interestingly, the NWS issued an Orange Air Quality Alert for the Washington, DC metro area beginning at 9:00 PM because of all the fireworks displays and sure enough, my PurpleAir sensor shows how the AQI jumped due to the fireworks.

Offline ezbncs

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2023, 08:39:49 AM »
Sorry for butting in on your iptimelapse, but I wish I would of seen this thread earlier I could maybe save you some cash and time. Reolink are nice cameras mainly because there very easy to setup but cost way to much for what you can do with them for today imho. I remember getting one of there cameras when the company was like 1 year old and it cost me less then 50 bucks new and that was a wifi camera with solar panel. That was a good price back then for sure but let me advise you something easier, cheaper and you really dont need to buy any software just the right cameras to achieve what your doing.

@BeaumarisWX you picked a good brand hikivision are good cameras on a side note about them they became illegal to import to the USA for a short time during the covid thing. It was a china hate thing really mainly because they where priced good and pretty open compared to the USA market cameras. Hikivision had already loaded the market pre covid so unless you where looking for a specific type hikivision camera you really didn't notice at that time. Once those stocks dried up because of the temporary import ban well guess what there where amazing new camera companies like 10-20 new china camera brands. 95% of those brands where actually hikivision technology with a different name and a few cosmetic changes with the cameras and the software.

The main reason is unless you know the right equipment that goes together all the companies after covid started to enycrypt there streams and disable things like rtsp access. So you basically couldn't mix and match different camera brands and systems unless you thought ahead. So you buy your first system for your home not thinking long term I mean technology changes fast right we went from only wired cameras for a very long time to wifi, 1mp, 3mp, hd, 4k, 8k in a short time really. That's not to mention AI like face reconition and LPR to the average home user at a dang good price that was a commercial thing only 10 or less years ago. That's those 500 or couple 1000 dollars for just 1 camera to a buisness to get those things not to long ago. So in a couple of years your stuck either with the brand you first bought because nothing goes together smart marketing offcourse. So now when you want to upgrade your sub hd or 720p cameras you have to buy a whole new system dvr and cameras unless you want to just keep the same brand you first bought. Guess what to each camera so called brand usually have there on little special app they use because they know what best for the consumer as they say.

I have went through 3 or 4 camera systems each of those costing 150-200 bucks for basically 4 cameras and a dvr before I really figured I was doing it all wrong. Yes guess what I learned the same hard way as most and I been using tech and a computer since 92-93 but didn’t know home camera systems. The key is rtsp stream @scudwatcher hit it on the nail if you want to broadcast live video to the web hands down, and with that you can achieve timelapes video with very little work better in linux, but also windows to pretty easy. Im sorry for the rant but it’s late at night here in Minnesota when I wrote this and was pretty tired

So easy cameras I recommend with rtsp streams that are wifi, have ethernet port, and also are PTZ cameras is model ZOSI C289 when I bought them. My first only cost me $32 shipped to the house good luck finding a camera for that price with all the options you get. You can score them for like $27-30 now brand new so I have a few more of them now and love them. You can use the free zosi mobile app, pc app, or the rtsp streams all at the same time if you want. They have a 2304x1296 hd stream with audio or you can use the sd 640x460 stream with audio to save bandwidth which is nice.

I am going to include some pictures, I also had to modify them since I am in a apartment when I first got them to shoot through the window for IFR. I have gone on enough right now if you have a rtsp feed and %75 of reolink have them they just hide it like the user above said I can advise you how to do what you are doing. You don’t even have to have the cameras I have just rtsp feed and the scripts I can guide you through depending on if you use linux or windows. If your not sure if you have rtsp feeds on your current cameras I can check a few places for the rtsp link if your camera can do it. Its really is easy super easy once you know how to do it just may sound complicated at first. With the rtsp feed you can send a live feed, and have a a timelapse created at a set time every day basically once setup automated as long as your computer is on. I have my cameras do a 1 minute video for 24 hours of a day so I can post them on tiktok for my kids. If you just want to make a whole week timelapse and put it in 5 minutes it can be done it is up to you really once it’s all setup.

Love all your sites also im jelly wish I had a weather station lol. With you in Bismark and me down the road in Moorhead we should have some great snow videos this winter too :)

C289 rtsp links if you ever need them and also no affiliate walmart link if you want to see the camera.

Main stream: rtsp://yourip:554/video1
Sub stream: rtsp://yourip:554/video2

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ZOSI-WiFi-Security-Camera-Outdoor-PTZ-Home-Spotlight-Full-Color-Night-Vision-Wired-Surveillance-Motion-Detection-Siren-2-Way-Audio/227584580

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 08:48:35 AM by ezbncs »