Author Topic: Ambient WS-2000, additional accessories  (Read 435 times)

Offline rokenbuzz

Ambient WS-2000, additional accessories
« on: April 19, 2020, 11:56:10 AM »
I am close to purchasing an Ambient WS-2000. I've learned a lot in the past few days on this forums.
galfert, thank you for the pinned threads in the Ambient / Fine Offset clone board, and thanks to both galfert and Mandrake for all their responses in this forum. That help me understand what's what.

I guess I'm just looking for a sanity check before I buy from Ambient's website.
The WS-2000 is $290 shipped. I can't find a better anywhere else or a coupon code to sweeten the deal.

But the WH31B options are each $8.69 which seems like a great price. So I figure I'll just get all 8 and monitor some places out of curiosity, like the garage, attic, basement room, unfinished basement area, and normal rooms.

I'm tempted to get the PM25 also for $45, for a few indoor scenarios. I seem to be the only one in my household whose lungs are affected by invisible smoke from burning food and woodworking dust. My breathing can get tight for the next day while nobody else is affected. It would be neat to see what is actually happening in the air.
Does the PM25 use one of the 8 WH31B channels?

I plan to use a chainlink fence top rail for my mounting post.

Any thoughts on my choices before I buy?
Thanks!

Offline Mandrake

• Forecaster
Re: Ambient WS-2000, additional accessories
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 01:37:39 PM »
No, the PM2.5 uses a separate channel and still allows you the 8 internal temp/hygro sensors.
This is the setup I have in my house (only mine is a Ecowitt model)
With the 8 this means you actually have 9 internal sensors as the WS2000 will also come with a sensor to measure the internal temp/Hygro and barometric pressure.
I have mine all over the house/garage/shed/Freezer etc

The PM2.5 will happily show you smokey air etc and you will be amazed.
I can tell when my neighbour has left his diesel van idling on his drive and even detect the high pollen levels we have right now!
G1ZFO

Ecowitt HP2551A + WH65 Tri-Wing (Wunderground: IGUILDFO67)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Wunderground: IGUILDFO68)
Ecowitt GW1000 (Mk2) test environment driving CumulusMX on a RPi 3b
Ecowitt GW2000 (Test)
Ecowitt WS90 Wittboy - Test
Ecowitt WH51 (x6) Soil Moisture Sensor
Ecowitt WH41 PM2.5 AQM Sensor
Ecowitt WH31 (x8) Thermo/Hygro Sensor
Ecowitt WS80 Ultrasonic Anemometer (pre-prod test)
Ecowitt WH57 Lightning Sensor -test
Ecowitt WH32-EP (SHT35) + Davis 7714 Screen
Ecowitt WH45 CO2/PM2.5/PM10 -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Soil Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN34 Water Temp Sensor -Test
Ecowitt WN35 Leaf Moisture

anything