Author Topic: USB connection from VP2 console to Meteobridge drops  (Read 348 times)

Offline flaboye

• Fort White Weather Station
USB connection from VP2 console to Meteobridge drops
« on: May 21, 2019, 01:34:51 AM »
I have a vp2 console with the USB 6510 logger interfaced into a DIR 505 mini router running meteobridge.  When it works it's great!  However, it goes offline at least once a day maybe more.  When I go to the router the little light on the passive USB hub is dark.  Sometimes if I just pull it out and re-insert it into the 505 it will light and pick up.  Sometimes, though, I have to reboot the router for it to light and pick up the console again.  I suspect it's due to the cheap no-name USB hub I am using.  If those of you using meteobridge on hardware requiring a USB hub to interface to your Davis console could enlighten me on models which work, I would be most appreciative !   I found a powered hub and put that inline for now, we'll see if that stays up or not, as I'm approaching the 12 hour mark without it going down.  It could of course be the USB port on the little 505 as well but I need to eliminate the hub as the issue.  Would obviously prefer a passive hub that works rather than having one more thing needing to be plugged into power.  Thanks !  Joe

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
Re: USB connection from VP2 console to Meteobridge drops
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 02:15:56 AM »
I've never used a USB hub to connect to Meteobridge, but I have used a Belfryboy USB Clone. The advantage of his clone is that it uses USB 2 instead if USB 1, so you don't need a USB hub at all.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 09:21:13 AM »
I use an unpowered Startech hub - not a drop in years.  Literally.  Some of that cheap stuff...
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline flaboye

• Fort White Weather Station
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 10:19:53 AM »
Ok thanks for the replies, it's going on 24 hrs with no drop with a powered hub so it appears it was the little cheapo I had laying around.  I found a startech on ebay and have one coming.  Appreciate the time you took to reply!