Author Topic: WS 1732U Base station looses sync  (Read 4914 times)

Offline Liebe

WS 1732U Base station looses sync
« on: August 16, 2007, 12:34:54 PM »
I think the Heavy Weather software is causing the WS 2317 base station to lose sync with the sending unit.
I'm running Windows XP and Heavy Weather 2 beta.
I have the base station hard wired to the sending unit and still once in a while they go out of sync. When I re-sync the problem is resolved.
After carefully monitoring the time that sync is lost and other variables around the house I have discovered that it happens when I shut down the Heavy Weather program. It doesn’t happen when I let the computer shut down process close Heavy Weather. Shutting down Heavy Weather doesn’t always cause the problem. So far I haven’t figured out what additional conditions are involved in causing the problem.
For now I am trying to avoid causing a loss of sync by leaving Heavy Weather running whenever the computer is on.

Does anyone have a suggestion as tohow I can fix the problem?
Jim

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
Re: WS 1732U Base station looses sync
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 02:00:59 PM »
Quote from: "Liebe"
I think the Heavy Weather software is causing the WS 2317 base station to lose sync with the sending unit.
I'm running Windows XP and Heavy Weather 2 beta.
I have the base station hard wired to the sending unit and still once in a while they go out of sync. When I re-sync the problem is resolved.
After carefully monitoring the time that sync is lost and other variables around the house I have discovered that it happens when I shut down the Heavy Weather program. It doesn’t happen when I let the computer shut down process close Heavy Weather. Shutting down Heavy Weather doesn’t always cause the problem. So far I haven’t figured out what additional conditions are involved in causing the problem.
For now I am trying to avoid causing a loss of sync by leaving Heavy Weather running whenever the computer is on.

Does anyone have a suggestion as tohow I can fix the problem?

Run WUHU in direct serial mode, do not run heavyweather.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wuhu_software_group/

anything