Author Topic: NOAA Weaather Radio Org  (Read 1238 times)

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
    • NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio
NOAA Weaather Radio Org
« on: January 11, 2020, 10:32:37 AM »
NOAA Weather Radio.org will be moving to new servers next week, sometime after midnight, Sumday Jan 13. Exate info unknow at the moment.
We will NOT be modifying any station listings or data after about noon Eastern Time Today January 11, until migration completes.
We expect this move to be basically transparent and rapid, but we've operated under Hofstadter’s Law* pretty much since this WxForm community project began.

Some issues may occur briefly with the QRA monitoring reports suite  as the move resolves.
There may be a minor glitch or two between your Local NWROrg website scripts and the main server database as the migration completes

*Hofsteadter's Law:
"It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law"

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
Re: NOAA Weaather Radio Org
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 04:48:10 PM »
 =D> Thanks for all you guys do, too.
If not all "guys" please don't "me too" me.

CW3699

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 06:32:46 PM »
=D> Thanks for all you guys do, too.
If not all "guys" please don't "me too" me.
  Heh...sheesh, leave it to you to bring that up, Otis  :D ...hmmm... people is people...   but I believe that (with the general exceptions of 'non-guy' wives or partners who, by default, are adjunct members) the team is of generic Version 1 'guy-type' construction and programming, at least, currently..  (unless someone has obtained un-announced modifications)  ...   well...that is, ...er... I make that assumption, since, to the best of my knowledge, none of us have ever met in person, and become 'familiar'...

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 07:02:09 PM »
Yes sorry, was praising the team - good work  ](*,)

CW3699

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 08:16:19 PM »
Yes sorry, was praising the team - good work  ](*,)
oh Shoot... we know that,  :thumbsup: ... i just couldn't reasist a tease to the team members, Big O!  :twisted:   Don't bang your head... and Thanks...
Mike
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:18:13 PM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
    • NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 03:01:17 PM »
Changeaaover and upgrade went pretty smooth, just took awhile to move that whole shared surver ... some minor DNS Glitches... may still be propagating areound as this is writtten.
 [tup]
Couple of backend glitcches, don't seem to be affecting site, more for our monitoring and audit than anything...
...Have Fun, and let's get some new streams up, folks!

Offline K3JAE

• Contributor
  • Davis VP2 Wireless
    • K3JAE's Weather Station
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 07:32:33 AM »
Not sure if this is the proper location to ask this but I have installed the script and it works beautifully, save a couple of items item.

On the MAP if I enable the Navigation or Alerting Area, nothing happens. Map 'types' work fine and loads quickly.
The SAME radio information is not showing either.

Did I miss a setting? Any assist would be greatly appreciated.

Can I get some assistance as to why this is not working please? Tell me what is needed etc. I will give the info as requested. If this is the incorrect 'forum' please move it to it's proper location and advise.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:37:21 AM by K3JAE »

73's de K3JAE

John
K3JAE Weather Station

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 09:30:35 AM »
Not sure if this is the proper location to ask this but I have installed the script and it works beautifully, save a couple of items item.

On the MAP if I enable the Navigation or Alerting Area, nothing happens. Map 'types' work fine and loads quickly.

Can I get some assistance as to why this is not working please? Tell me what is needed etc. I will give the info as requested. If this is the incorrect 'forum' please move it to it's proper location and advise.
Yep, this is a good place.... give folks a bit of time to look at stuff...  Might give us a direct page link, especially since you're embeddinjg in site templates...

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 01:09:26 PM »

You're missing the shp.js file on your site -- that's needed to render the propagation and county zone overlays.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline K3JAE

• Contributor
  • Davis VP2 Wireless
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 01:36:13 PM »
Well that would explain that ... DOH, I obviously missed that big time!! LOL - YEP that surely fixed that issue...

Last question: It seems to take way longer than it should to gather the information and display it... Like up to 45 seconds to a minute sometimes. Any thoughts?

Link: https://www.k3jae.com/wxNWSRadio.php
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 01:39:13 PM by K3JAE »

73's de K3JAE

John
K3JAE Weather Station

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 02:40:12 PM »
Sorry.. not seeing that slow loading.  It loaded in less than 4 seconds on my Firefox browser.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline K3JAE

• Contributor
  • Davis VP2 Wireless
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 04:11:00 PM »
Hum, I also use ONLY Firefox. Might be my computer than as I am serious it takes a long time. I checked with another machine in the office, also Firefox (I will ONLY use Firefox) and as you note: it took like seconds. Seems a redo of this HDD is about to be undertaken. #-o :grin:

73's de K3JAE

John
K3JAE Weather Station