General Weather/Earth Sciences Topics > Tropical Weather

Sally

<< < (2/3) > >>

SlowModem:
Batten down the hatches down there y'all!  I hope it goes by quickly now and doesn't affect you too much.  We're expecting the remnants tomorrow.  I was going to mow the grass, but I'll wait because it will just grow again.

Vette-kid:
Over the last 48 hrs I've recorded about 16" .  Nothing to serious for me yet, some limbs down, a few banana trees down and lots of water.  Last night was A LONG night!  The wind was so loud I hardly slept at all.  But thankfully we seem to have avoided any real damage.

Intheswamp:

--- Quote from: SlowModem on September 16, 2020, 01:03:38 PM ---Batten down the hatches down there y'all!  I hope it goes by quickly now and doesn't affect you too much.  We're expecting the remnants tomorrow.  I was going to mow the grass, but I'll wait because it will just grow again.

--- End quote ---
howdy Greg!!!  One-handed Ed here!<sigh>

We ended up with probably 8" of rain.  Lots of smaller limbs down in the yard.  We lost power for probably 6-7 hours but that was it...back on now.  A friend is stopping by to pick up a generator to carry to their daughter in Mobile, AL,...no power, many trees down at her place....some on her garage, etc.,.  I haven't traveled over to town to check on business property...maybe this afternoon.   The EMA had closed all the county roads yesterday...just got an alert that they will continue to be closed until they can be evaluated.  Overall, we did good, much better than others.

Intheswamp:

--- Quote from: Vette-kid on September 16, 2020, 02:34:58 PM ---Over the last 48 hrs I've recorded about 16" .  Nothing to serious for me yet, some limbs down, a few banana trees down and lots of water.  Last night was A LONG night!  The wind was so loud I hardly slept at all.  But thankfully we seem to have avoided any real damage.

--- End quote ---

Sorry I don't know where you're located...along the gulf coast I take it?????  But, last night things somewhat died down around here so I'm confused as to where you are.  :) ??????

Vette-kid:
Sorry, I'm in niceville, across the bay from Destin florida

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version