Weather Station Hardware > Weather Station Pictures

Ecowitt WH32, WH40, and WS68 Install

(1/8) > >>

K7RMK:
After wanting a weather station for years but not really wanting an all-in-one unit or being able to justify the cost of a VP2, I happened to browse this forum last week to see if there was anything new I didn't know about and I saw all the talk about the Ecowitt GW1000. I was instantly intrigued so I ordered up the GW1000 gateway, WH32 outdoor temperature/humidity sensor, WH40 rain gauge, and WS68 anemometer.

I installed the anemometer using a gable mount and an EMT pipe from Home Depot. The wind cups on the anemometer measure 32' 9.75" (10 meters) off the ground.

In my backyard, I threw a 4x4 post in the ground about 5' from the side fence and used a short piece of EMT pipe to mount the rain gauge to the post about 6' off the ground. I have the temperature/humidity sensor inside an Ambient Weather SRS100LX solar radiation shield mounted on the side of the post.

CW2274:
 =D>

havtrail:
Looks really good! I'm guessing the photo of the post is a little tilted, and the rain gauge is level, given the attention you have shown to other details.

Rich K.

K7RMK:

--- Quote from: havtrail on September 18, 2019, 05:43:16 PM ---Looks really good! I'm guessing the photo of the post is a little tilted, and the rain gauge is level, given the attention you have shown to other details.

Rich K.

--- End quote ---
Correct, and the yard in the background is sloped.

AWL:
And the pole is grounded?

Doug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version