Weather Station Hardware > AcuRite Weather Stations

PC Connect program won't open

(1/5) > >>

KMTKALIS132:
Hi,

I had PC Connect up and running with data going to WU just fine. Then I screwed something up, uninstalled PC Connect, reinstalled it (countless times), but when I try and open up the program to send data out, there's an hour glass for a second or two, and the program doesn't open. When I try multiple times, clicking fast on it, it says it is open, however, there is nothing showing in the Task Manager resembling Acurite or PC Connect.

I have looked online for some fix to force the program to open, but nothing has worked. Every other program on the computer works fine.

I have updated to the very latest Win 10 updates, downloaded the current PC Connect software, but no luck! Any thoughts?

worachj:
Make sure the latest software you downloaded was this version. Otherwise it may be a permission problem. Try right clicking on the AcuRiteConnect.exe and Run as administrator.

--- Quote ---A software update is now available for PC Connect - for Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7. This update is required to continue connecting your product to My AcuRite after Thursday, February 28, 2019.
--- End quote ---

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=36259.msg372106#msg372106

KMTKALIS132:
Tried all that, no luck.

worachj:
I would think it should work by running it from the folder it was installed in. Everything should be in that folder.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

DoctorKnow:
Can you download and try "Vis Reader"? Worth a shot maybe?
What mode are you in on the console? USB 3 or 4? (Some do not allow adjustment)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version