Author Topic: WS-1001 correct level accuracy?  (Read 1892 times)

Offline weatherviewer

WS-1001 correct level accuracy?
« on: November 06, 2015, 06:08:38 AM »
Hi guys,

A quick question about the importance of having the WS-1001 mounted with complete accuracy in regards to being 100% level.

I recently mounted my weather station on a 6 foot pole with a cement footer. I thought it was exactly plumb but it turns out the pole is on a slightish angle after the cement set in. Now I managed to check the in-buit bubble level meter and it is within the centre circle but leaning more towards one side of it.

Do you think this slight unlevelling would have any affect on the accuracy of my readings especially rainfall? Like I said the bubble is in the middle circle just slightly off to one side, I'm just not entirely sure how sensitive these stations are to being 100% plumb and level.

I have had some decent rainfall this week and so far it does seem to be pretty correct.

Any thoughts would be great, really don't fancy ripping it up from the ground as you can imagine.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:38:40 AM by weatherviewer »

Offline btcompute

• KNHNORTH15
Re: WS-1001 correct level accuracy?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 09:27:37 AM »
Personally, I don't think that your mounting is off by enough to really matter.
If you want you could try to adjust the mounting a bit to correct the level.
If you mounted it to the pole using the two U bolts that came with the unit, you might be able to make a slight adjustment.

Offline weatherviewer

Re: WS-1001 correct level accuracy?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 06:38:36 AM »
Personally, I don't think that your mounting is off by enough to really matter.
If you want you could try to adjust the mounting a bit to correct the level.
If you mounted it to the pole using the two U bolts that came with the unit, you might be able to make a slight adjustment.

Thanks, for what its worth I ended up making slight adjustments to pole and I think it's pretty much perfect level according to the bubble on the weather station and my phones spirit meter.

anything