Author Topic: Do you need help with SMD work?  (Read 669 times)

Offline Gadjex

Do you need help with SMD work?
« on: July 19, 2014, 03:00:34 PM »
I recently discovered Blitzortung and I have joined the network today as station 1101 in Citrus County, Florida. I have it on automatic right now but I am more than impressed with the whole setup and what the admins/developers have created.

I have read a few times that some people are hesitant on soldering SMD components and I would like to offer my services. I have a nice soldering station I would like to put to good use but I do not have enough time to build full boards. If someone would like their SMD components soldered on to any of Blitzortung's PCB's I can help you out. You will only need to pay for shipping both ways. Turnaround time will be quick and your boards will be repacked in the same shipping supplies you sent them in.

The offer stands for now and in the future. PM me if you are interested.

Offline jmcmurry

• Jim McMurry
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless.
    • Juneau County Weather
Re: Do you need help with SMD work?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 06:37:58 PM »
Welcome to the Blitzortung community and I see you've got your station running quite well already.  I was lucky and Don Froula put my kit together for me, and I'm sure there will be others who will take you up on your offer.  It's all very interesting and great fun.

- Jim

Forum Search and Google Can be Your Best Friends

Offline Gadjex

Re: Do you need help with SMD work?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 07:46:43 PM »
Thanks Jim,

I have it running on auto. I want to learn how to tune in manual mode, so I have to read up and do some research first. Auto seems to adjust the gain pretty wildly some times. If auto seems to be the best fit I may keep it there. The antennas are also not in the final resting place yet.

Rob