Author Topic: Weather Underground discrepancies  (Read 658 times)

Offline NHSA

Weather Underground discrepancies
« on: May 14, 2021, 02:32:22 PM »
Hi,

Newbie here, just registered and got two days ago a AcuRite Atlas Weather Station with AcuRite Access device.

My dashboard is correctly reporting the adjusted pressure for my height over sea level 1950 meters ~ 1016 hPa but Weather Underground reports the station pressure without adjustment ~ 813 hPa.

Why ?

Thanks for any tips

regards Rainer

Offline NHSA

Re: Weather Underground discrepancies
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 02:43:40 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for moving my message. Did not see this dedicated forum for Weather Underground.

Sorry and regards Rainer

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 02:48:30 PM »
Did you set your elevation in your WU setup?

Offline NHSA

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 02:57:30 PM »
Did you set your elevation in your WU setup?

Hi,

Yes. It is set up to 6403 feet which is the same I have in the settings of my AcuRite Device settings 1951.7 meters. That is what the dashboard of AcuRite gaver me for my coordinates ~ N 22.146 and W 101.038.

Rainer

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 03:34:21 PM »
The only difference I'm seeing is I have my Access set up for adjusted pressure.

Offline NHSA

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 03:59:01 PM »
The only difference I'm seeing is I have my Access set up for adjusted pressure.

Hi Jim,

Thanks and yes. When I use that adjustment everything is OK, except the pressure compared to other Weather stations is higher. While the other stations report aroun 1017 hPa my station reports ~ 1029 hPa. On the other side I looked at the weather station report of my local Airport and that one reports around ~ 1027 so more similar to mine.

The question here is what is correct ?    :shock:

I guess I will set it back to Adjusted pressure. I think it is a Weather Underground problem ¿?

Thanks Rainer

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 06:58:40 PM »
I'd be more inclined to trust the local airport rather than the nearby stations. Does your My Acurite and WU readings match?  I'd also double check your elevation a small error there can throw things off.

Offline NHSA

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 09:22:39 PM »
I'd be more inclined to trust the local airport rather than the nearby stations. Does your My Acurite and WU readings match?  I'd also double check your elevation a small error there can throw things off.

Hi Jim,

I went back to adjusted pressure and now AcuRite Dashboard and Weather Underground match with the Airport weather. The Airport is 10 miles away in straight line.

Thanks and regards Rainer