Author Topic: Warning Server?  (Read 1935 times)

Offline pertman

• Data on Wunderground
Warning Server?
« on: April 27, 2021, 02:34:53 PM »
I am running 2.91 and just noticed that the free Allisonhouse warning server is in red on the Placefile Manager Window. Is this no longer free? I am getting an error that says "Line 73, unknown keyword". Is there another free warning server that I can use if AH doesn't provide this anymore?

Many thanks!

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
Re: Warning Server?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 06:52:55 PM »
AllisonHouse warning server is working fine on my end.

tweatherman

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 06:46:47 AM »
I am running 2.91 and just noticed that the free Allisonhouse warning server is in red on the Placefile Manager Window. Is this no longer free? I am getting an error that says "Line 73, unknown keyword". Is there another free warning server that I can use if AH doesn't provide this anymore?

Many thanks!

I see you posted this question over on the GRLevelX Forum, and I see where Mike responded to your question. Were you able to resolve this?

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline pertman

• Data on Wunderground
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 10:55:41 AM »
Hi John: Thanks for the post. It sort of works. The only warnings I get are when the boxes are checked (like TOR, etc). Unless I am having a senior moment, I thought the warnings were shown as filled in polygons, while the 'boxed' ones are just outlined polygons. Will respond to Mike next.

Regards,

P.

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 05:17:31 PM »
Hi P.,

Yes, the warnings work if you have the corresponding checks up above the radar. It does not show everything out there (Wind Advisories, Red Flag Warning, etc.). To get more on the screen, you will need to get some placefiles to do so.
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline pertman

• Data on Wunderground
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 10:07:23 AM »
Thanks for the insights! FYI, just found a useful site which provides what I am looking for -- https://placefilenation.com/

Have a great weekend!

anything