Author Topic: Archive/Update interval?  (Read 675 times)

Offline GlynH

Archive/Update interval?
« on: September 12, 2021, 10:05:14 AM »
While I'm here one more thing that has been puzzling me...well two things really but they could be related;

1. I no longer see the option for changing my VP2+ upload/archive rate? Where is this hiding because I have looked at the Davis support page and cannot find the Configure Stations option? If I click the Airlink entry under Device I can see Device Settings for that where I have the Archive Rate set for 5 minutes and I can see that is happening from my data history on Weatherlink.com but my VP2+ is only uploading every 30 minutes and I can't find the option to change it.

2. I also cannot see the Alarms options page for the VP2+? I have seen it before and thought I clicked the spanner icon but if I do that now I only see Device Info and Notifications. Again under the Airlink I can see its entry for Alarms but nothing for the VP2+

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: Archive/Update interval?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 11:34:16 AM »
For the logging interval I know I change mine using the WiFi Logger interface and sending the command to the console. I think some PC software has function to send that command.

You have Davis IP logger? I'm not sure what interface it has to communicate from you to the console.

Offline GlynH

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 05:43:07 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply David...sorry for the late reply but I've been chasing my tail on the other issue I have where you have posted on a couple of times...thanks again for that!

I have the old 6555 IP Logger and I can access its rather crude, bright yellow interface by hitting its IP address from a browser - see attached.

Seems the general concensus is I would have to install the old Weatherlink PC software and update the interval from there but I've always been fussy about what software I install on my computers and it seems very long in the tooth to me.

Having said that it could be my only option?

I'm still waiting a reply from Davis but I might give them a call this afternoon due to my station not transmitting data and I'll broach this issue with them as it looks to me that although I have a Pro subscription I am still only seeing the standard interface with no device & alarm options through Weatherlink.com.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 06:28:13 AM »
Seems the general concensus is I would have to install the old Weatherlink PC software and update the interval from there but I've always been fussy about what software I install on my computers and it seems very long in the tooth to me.

Having said that it could be my only option?

Yes, WL for Windows is old software - its development was stopped several years ago, bar occasional bug fixes and the like. Weatherlink.com is where all Davis development effort has focused in recent years. That said, WLfW still works perfectly well and is still the preferred program for some users - its only real issue is the rather dated UI and if you can look past that then it's still good robust software. And if you want to change the archive interval on the logger then yes it's probably the simplest option and runs perfectly well on Win10.

I'm still waiting a reply from Davis but I might give them a call this afternoon due to my station not transmitting data and I'll broach this issue with them as it looks to me that although I have a Pro subscription I am still only seeing the standard interface with no device & alarm options through Weatherlink.com.

Looks like I need to repeat this: What you see on weatherlink.com configuration options depends considerably on your upload device. Legacy upload devices like WLIP and USB/WLfW uploads don't support remote device configuration (there's simply no back-channel available to the logger) and alarms are set locally at the logger/software rather than via wl.com. IF the alarm flag is triggered then an email can be configured via Notifications | Email notifications on wl.com for legacy devices. To see the full set of options you need a Weatherlink Live unit.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 06:51:50 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 07:28:46 AM »
.....WLfW still works perfectly well......the rather dated UI....

I use it on my desktop for testing and configuring some prototype work. Klunky but works fine lol

It's not bad having a program that you know how it works and will not be updated to break anything.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 01:49:33 AM »
One shouldn't underestimate the usefulness of WeatherLinkPC regardless of it's apparent look, the key thing is it does work, actually works real well and USB/Serial and WLIP loggers in conjunction with the Envoy. It also works wonders for those that don't like their head in the clouds  :grin:   

Offline davidmc36

• Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 07:02:05 AM »
It is consistent. Can be a bit of a test bed. If device A works, but device B won't, you have a starting point. It's not the software, it's how ur trying to feed it lol. Find your connection error down stream.

anything