Author Topic: NOAA WEATHER RADIO  (Read 149735 times)

Offline satcop

• Senior Contributor
    • Clifton Virginia Weather
Re: NOAA WEATHER RADIO
« Reply #625 on: June 29, 2017, 05:53:56 AM »
Thanks Ken! :grin:

With the introduction of Ken's player and the fact that it self updates from the master file, =D> I will be discontinuing support for the deluxe version of my player over the next month.  I have already switched my site over to Ken's player but I am maintaining for a short time the wxnoaaradio.php and its associated files because I know that many of you utilize those players for your sites.  Please consider Ken's version to be a MAJOR upgrade over wxnoaaradio.  \:D/

Bob
Clifton, Virginia Weather

Blitzortung Stations 1189, 1451 - CWOP EW1675

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #626 on: June 29, 2017, 07:39:09 AM »
Thanks Ken!  This is great work! =D> :-)

I've found, however, on my test site that the stylesheet,
Code: [Select]
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/css/bootstrap.min.css">
conflicts with the style-switcher namespace in your 'Base-USA' distribution.  This causes display problems, not with the 'Blue' display, but with my preferred 'Black' display and the 'Dark' display.

I'm in the process of trying to sort this out after having downloaded 'bootstrap.css' from the linked site.  I may not get to it for a day or two though, because a kernel 'update' hosed my Debian Jessie server into a bootloop yesterday and after formatting the drive during a Debian Stretch installation I'm in the middle of restoring my 'selincolnwx.info' site.  Fortunately I had added a second HDD and mounted it as a Backup where the bulk of my site's code was preserved.  Still, I doubt my 'selincolnwx.info' site will be fully functioning again until some time next week.  There appear to be significant differences between 'Jessie' and 'Stretch'.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #627 on: June 29, 2017, 08:28:04 AM »
Two changes to 'bootstrap.css' were needed:
body {
  font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
  font-size: 14px;
  line-height: 1.42857143;
  color: #333;
  background-color: #fff;
}
to
body {
  font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
  font-size: 14px;
  line-height: 1.42857143;
/*  color: #333;
  background-color: #fff; */
}
and
button,
input,
optgroup,
select,
textarea {
  margin: 0;
  font: inherit;
  color: inherit;
}
to
button,
input,
optgroup,
select,
textarea {
  margin: 0;
  font: inherit;
/*  color: inherit; */
}

The former style disabled the page background I had established, and the latter was causing the button text color problem.

I've attached a minified version as a text file.

It's now up on my site.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:46:24 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline tim273

• Contributor
« Reply #628 on: June 29, 2017, 08:52:20 AM »

Nice job using Bootstrap!  I've done some Angular 2 but mostly backend Java web service type stuff (I'm a developer by trade).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:54:15 AM by tim273 »

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #629 on: June 29, 2017, 09:14:11 AM »

Nice job using Bootstrap!  I've done some Angular 2 but mostly backend Java web service type stuff (I'm a developer by trade).
Actually, it's Ken True's work.  I just fixed a couple of problems on my end.  :-)
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #630 on: June 29, 2017, 11:27:04 AM »
Is there a way to make it auto-play when the page is opened?
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #631 on: June 29, 2017, 12:39:33 PM »

Actually, it's Ken True's work.  I just fixed a couple of problems on my end.  :-)
Thanks for the (underserved) credit.. the Bootstrap and jQuery were set up by (I think) Bob (satcop) .. I just 'stole with pride' (and permission) the scripts and retooled the JavaScript to generate the option list from the JSON (instead of a separate file).
I liked the styling and responsive design using Bootstrap, so kept it.  And jQuery use just made it easy to replace HTML text on the page.
So, my credit should be for modifying to use one JSON file for the data, some verbiage changes, JavaScript additions and overall packaging for release.  I also did the back-end programming to generate the JSON file from noaaweatherradio.org.  I'm really a 'back-end' guy too :)

Is there a way to make it auto-play when the page is opened?
Yes, but... I've of two minds about that.  I personally dislike having a page sound-off at me without letting me decide that is what I genuinely want (to hear something).  The current script will auto-play any other stream when selected by the dropdown box.

I'll add an option to the page to allow auto-play when first loaded, and add gwwilk change to the the bootstrap css (THANKS for that!)

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #632 on: June 29, 2017, 12:52:28 PM »
Yeah, I understand the conflict with auto play.  I usually don't like that for video pages I go to.

The old page wouldn't auto play on my Android either.  Just on my Windows browsers.  So if it won't work consistently on both for auto play, I'd rather it stick with the way it behaves now and just not autoplay for any device.
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #633 on: June 29, 2017, 05:02:08 PM »
Ok.. thanks to gwwilk for the Bootstrap fix and 92merc for the feature request.. I've updated the Saratoga template version to 1.01
It has a local of Bootstrap named bootstrap.3.3.7-mod.min.css. 
Added a $autoplaystartup flag to wxradio.php to control auto player start on page load (default =true; in distribution).
Changed files:
added bootstrap.3.3.7-mod.min.css
mod wxradio.php
mod include-wxradio.php
mod NWS-radios.js

Download the wxradio-template.zip and update those 4 files on your site from the script page.

NB.. I've not applied the changes to the Standalone version (still at V1.00).

Best regards,
Ken
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #634 on: June 29, 2017, 05:26:28 PM »
Thanks!  Already in action.

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #635 on: June 29, 2017, 06:27:58 PM »
Have mine here.

Thanks, Ken!!!!
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #636 on: June 29, 2017, 07:34:13 PM »
Ok.. thanks to gwwilk for the Bootstrap fix and 92merc for the feature request.. I've updated the Saratoga template version to 1.01
It has a local of Bootstrap named bootstrap.3.3.7-mod.min.css. 
Added a $autoplaystartup flag to wxradio.php to control auto player start on page load (default =true; in distribution).
Changed files:
added bootstrap.3.3.7-mod.min.css
mod wxradio.php
mod include-wxradio.php
mod NWS-radios.js

Download the wxradio-template.zip and update those 4 files on your site from the script page.

NB.. I've not applied the changes to the Standalone version (still at V1.00).

Best regards,
Ken
The Standalone version is now updated too :)

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
« Reply #637 on: June 29, 2017, 08:37:41 PM »
Thanks to Clifton Weather(satcop)/Lincoln Weather(gwwilik)/Echo Valley Weather(sacreyweather) for their pioneering efforts to have a great looking stream player for the noaaweatherradio.org streams, I've put together a modified version that has both standalone and Saratoga template versions.

You can see it operating on my site at https://saratoga-weather.org/radio.php

The script set is available at https://saratoga-weather.org/scripts-wxradio.php#wxradio

It uses one master-file that is cached hourly from noaaweatherradio.org to drive the entire page, including generation of the dropdown selection box for available radio streams.  The distribution .zip files contain the scripts and images.  Customization details are on the scripts page above (and in comments on the main radios.php/wxradio.php scripts themselves).

Enjoy!

I been trying for the last hour to get the script to work. But it keeps saying that my google key is invalid. So my weather radio will stream but the map will not load. I know I must be missing something big. I have created a key a lot of times. Am I creating a wrong key? Could someone give me a hand on what the heck I am doing wrong?
Thanks!
 ](*,)

http://desotowiwx.com/wxradio.php

Anthony

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #638 on: June 29, 2017, 09:00:13 PM »
Hi Anthony,

The wxradio.php script down at the bottom of the page needs your key in the bolded section:

<script async defer
 src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=-replace-this-with-your-API-key-here-&amp;language=en"></script>

Try that and see if this corrects the issue.  I haven't updated my stand alone script to the newest one yet.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
« Reply #639 on: June 29, 2017, 09:32:50 PM »
Hi Anthony,

The wxradio.php script down at the bottom of the page needs your key in the bolded section:

<script async defer
 src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=-replace-this-with-your-API-key-here-&amp;language=en"></script>

Try that and see if this corrects the issue.  I haven't updated my stand alone script to the newest one yet.

John

I don't see what you see :-( I seen the one more at the top with this in it:
$streamprovider = true; // =true if you provide a stream, =false if you don't provide a stream
//
//$googleAPI = ' XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ' ; // your Google Maps API key
// note: A Settings.php entry of $SITE['googleAPI'] will override this entry.

I do have a code were the X's are I just changed it to upload here.

Anthony

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #640 on: June 29, 2017, 09:45:52 PM »
Hi Anthony,

The file you need to look at is "include-wxradio.php". The line I was talking about is down at the bottom of that page. For some reason, the Google map key isn't being transferred to there. May need to let Ken know. You should be able to copy your Google key and replace the "<?php echo $googleAPI; ?>" with your key. It "should" then.

Hope this helps,

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
« Reply #641 on: June 29, 2017, 09:50:25 PM »
Hi Anthony,

The file you need to look at is "include-wxradio.php". The line I was talking about is down at the bottom of that page. For some reason, the Google map key isn't being transferred to there. May need to let Ken know. You should be able to copy your Google key and replace the "<?php echo $googleAPI; ?>" with your key. It "should" then.

Hope this helps,

John

I able to get the script that is alone to work at http://desotowiwx.com/radioalone/radios.php So my key is ok.

Thanks I will look into it. thanks for your help :)

Anthony

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #642 on: June 29, 2017, 09:53:29 PM »
The issue is you've put $googleAPI = '...'; in your Settings.php.  It needs to be $SITE['googleAPI'] = '...'; to have it picked up by the script.

Also, you've included the base settings from wxradio.php there.. only the $SITE['googleAPI'] needs to be in Settings.php, the rest needs to remain in wxradio.php (like $startup, $streamprovider, $mapType and $autoplaystartup) .. those are ignored (overridden) by wxradio.php contents.

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
« Reply #643 on: June 29, 2017, 10:32:52 PM »
The issue is you've put $googleAPI = '...'; in your Settings.php.  It needs to be $SITE['googleAPI'] = '...'; to have it picked up by the script.

Also, you've included the base settings from wxradio.php there.. only the $SITE['googleAPI'] needs to be in Settings.php, the rest needs to remain in wxradio.php (like $startup, $streamprovider, $mapType and $autoplaystartup) .. those are ignored (overridden) by wxradio.php contents.

Thank you. That was it its working now.

thank you guys for all the help.

Anthony

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #644 on: June 30, 2017, 04:35:08 PM »
satcop just reported a problem with the wxradio.php script -- it wasn't working.

The issue was caused by some error messages included in the JS/JSON script which have now been fixed.

Refresh your cache of the file by running NWR-radios-data.php?cache on your website, then your radio script will work again.
Alternatively, you can just wait an hour for the cache to refresh :)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Ken
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:38:02 PM by saratogaWX »

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #645 on: July 02, 2017, 09:40:45 PM »
NOAAWeatherRadio.org  website upgrade NOW LIVE:

Ken True is calling this: "Phase 1" ...
(...though the rest of us involved since January would number it more like Phase 68 or something...)

...But..since KEN's spent days behind-the-scene updating the site, switching back and forth with templates and PWS scripts for the community, writing utilities and innovations to make this work
better, let 'im name it any ol'phase 'e wants!

VISIBLE CHANGES in "Phase 1"  (or "68")

NEW Station Status and Stream Quality Flags

Latest Updated Active Radios / Streams Online

New Active Stations Coverage Map, with links to provider's Weather Page / Websites!

Most of the hard time is served behind the scenes... and most of the upgrades aren't visible....
Chris C (Crushed Box Software), Ken, Bob, John, Jim Mc, tim273, vreihen, mikev, Doug, Steve, Jeff, ... and others... I'm gonna forget somebody since my eyeballs have crossed and tangled up with my brain stem by now...sorry.

Truly a community project... the whole dang community gets a NOAAWRORGSTAR!

And More To Come!...

Ken should be preparing PWS template and script updates for you all as I speak....
interfacing with the website, and saving you some headaches!
Mike

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:50:34 PM by Cutty Sark Sailor »

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #646 on: July 02, 2017, 09:47:04 PM »
The updated graphics (no script updates since V1.01) are available
see the script page at https://saratoga-weather.org/scripts-wxradio.php#wxradio

The download links are at the bottom, and there are 3 new images in ./ajax-images/ in the .zip

Thanks to Mike for putting up with the 'changing the tires while the car is moving' behind the scenes and to Bob and John for working the kinks out of the PWS scripts.  Truly a team effort!

• Forecaster
« Reply #647 on: July 04, 2017, 06:56:26 PM »
More Improvements Today!

http://noaaweatherradio.org

Moved 'status flags' below player, and added info tooltip: as:

NEW icon on coverage map

Moved 'dislaimer' section to the 'info' block, and modified presentation 'over' NAHR logo...

So, on main page, about all that's left is 'proper' nav once the rest of the site pages fall into place....
Cheers Folks!

Offline hunter362

• Fairmount Hill's Weather
« Reply #648 on: July 05, 2017, 12:17:57 AM »
Just read this entire thread.. what a journey you have been through, great to see how far it's come!
Glad to be part of it now!  FYI, am unable to submit my info on noaaweatherradio.org  fill out the form ok for a new stream, but hitting Submit returns a 404 error.
Stream is there, WXL31, Syracuse, but courtesy of "anonymous"  :-(

Thanks Bill
http://weather.cerchia.com/ajax/wxradio.php

• Forecaster
« Reply #649 on: July 05, 2017, 02:04:11 AM »
Just read this entire thread.. what a journey you have been through, great to see how far it's come!
Glad to be part of it now!  FYI, am unable to submit my info on noaaweatherradio.org  fill out the form ok for a new stream, but hitting Submit returns a 404 error.
Stream is there, WXL31, Syracuse, but courtesy of "anonymous"  :-(

Thanks Bill
http://weather.cerchia.com/ajax/wxradio.php
:oops:   Cleaning up after the updates, inadvertently removed a file!   If you wouldn't mind, please try it again....

That form was a 'quickie' build, and it's revision etc. is part of the next phase... it's not very 'friendly' ...
Mike

anything