Weather Station Hardware > Weather Station Pictures

Heathkit ID 5001

(1/3) > >>

Mark Williams 38344:
How many users are still using a Heathkit 5001? I know there are some still in service. I have been using this one since 1990 I think.

WA7FWF:
I still have one running, I keep saying I will convert it to a  LED backlight but it is still  fluorescent. I also had a 4001 at one time and then all the small ones and a 1290?  the wall one.

Stormtracker:
I still think this is the best weather station console ever built.  Even better than the 4001.   Only thing that comes close, today, is the Rainwise series.

Garth Bock:
I have always wanted either a 4001 or 5001. Here is something interesting.

http://www.thunderheadtech.com/id5001.html

I contacted Forecast Technologies was planning to bring out the 5001 last year but nothing is happening.

Kev:
Well as you know Mark, mine is up and running. Best weather station ever made in my opinion. Mine's been operating since 1990, but not by me, it's been running under my watch for about two years now after some much needed maintenance after I got it. I don't have the inside humidity sensor hooked up and I need to recalibrate the outdoor humidity, hopefully this summer I'll have time. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version