Weather Station Hardware > What Weather Station Should I Buy?

Which weather service to use?

(1/4) > >>

Brutha:
Hi All,

I'm not sure this topic really belongs here, but I couldn't really see another relevant forum, and it's in relation to the purchase of my new weather station!

Until now I've been using wunderground, since my old weather station could only easily with it, and mostly I'm happy with the layout etc. But one thing about it is a real pain; you can only choose imperial or metric units - which is no good in the UK since we use mostly metric units, but MPH for wind speed.

With the new one (Ecowitt with GW1100 and CumulusMX on Raspberry Pi), I now have a much wider choice. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best service to use, that doesn't have the above restriction?

Cheers

Brutha

davidefa:
Olicat posted a few months ago ( last summer maybe ) a small guide in pdf, if I remember correctly in the ambient/ecowitt subforum

box:

--- Quote from: Brutha on January 08, 2022, 07:30:31 AM ---Hi All,

I'm not sure this topic really belongs here, but I couldn't really see another relevant forum, and it's in relation to the purchase of my new weather station!

Until now I've been using wunderground, since my old weather station could only easily with it, and mostly I'm happy with the layout etc. But one thing about it is a real pain; you can only choose imperial or metric units - which is no good in the UK since we use mostly metric units, but MPH for wind speed.

With the new one (Ecowitt with GW1100 and CumulusMX on Raspberry Pi), I now have a much wider choice. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best service to use, that doesn't have the above restriction?

Cheers

Brutha

--- End quote ---
I'm a fan of Windy. Dead easy to set up with CumulusMx and good graphics, you can set your  units and favourites for your forecasts

Brutha:

--- Quote from: davidefa on January 08, 2022, 07:37:50 AM ---Olicat posted a few months ago ( last summer maybe ) a small guide in pdf, if I remember correctly in the ambient/ecowitt subforum

--- End quote ---

Thanks, will do a bit of research!

Brutha:

--- Quote from: box on January 08, 2022, 08:07:12 AM --- I'm a fan of Windy. Dead easy to set up with CumulusMx and good graphics, you can set your  units and favourites for your forecasts

--- End quote ---

Aha, that looks really promising! But perhaps I'm missing something, how do you find a local weather station and navigate to it? If I click on what appears to be a weather station on the map, it shows me a forecast instead of current data or history etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version