Web Weather > Weather Website PHP/AJAX scripting

NWS Forecast Map - Not Updated Since December 24th

(1/3) > >>

CNYWeather:
I noticed today that my Forecast Map http://www.cnyweather.com/wxforecastmap.php hasn't updated since December 24th.
I'm surprised non of my website visitors hadn't emailed me about it. Anyway, I have advforecast2 version 5.17 installed.

The map isn't current on page load, but if you double click on it, it will give you the current forecast.
Where in the Settings.php file do I change it from Westmoreland which doesnt have a point forecast available to Utica, NY which does?
I don't see anyone having any issues like this, so something must have changed somewhere along the way
and the script for that page hasn't been updated either.

THANKS!!

rrrick8:
Change the coordinates to match your desired location...

--- Code: ---#  set to station latitude/longitude (decimal degrees)
  $myLat = 40.130;    //North=positive, South=negative decimal degrees
  $myLong = -87.624;   //East=positive, West=negative decimal degrees
--- End code ---

Mine still hangs up after a few days so I manually adjust by a few degrees to fetch a slightly different "pinpoint" but still within my city.

Seems to be a cache problem.

CNYWeather:
There's another issue somewhere i'll have to find. I did change the lat/long

--- Code: ---#  set to station latitude/longitude (decimal degrees)
  $myLat = 43.2128;    //North=positive, South=negative decimal degrees
  $myLong = -75.4557;   //East=positive, West=negative decimal degrees
--- End code ---

It was still showing the old coordinates. I deleted the file off the server, page came up blank,
uploaded a fresh version and still on page load its the old coordinates and Dec 24th.

saratogaWX:
You seem to have two issues:
1) your site is using Cloudflare caching, and external caching like that is never a good idea for a weather website (which needs up-to-date information).
2) the api.weather.gov gridpoint with data seems to be 'stale' (Updated Fri, 24-Dec-2021 3:49am EST) and that's a NWS cache issue (been going on now for over a year with sporadic 'stale' data available by the API.  They use Akamai caching for their data, and the automatic updates/refreshes for that data seem to be very fragile and break often.)

My advforecast2.php V5.17 spots that and handles that issue by displaying the Zone forecast instead.  The forecast map script uses NO caching and just does 3 pulls from api.weather.gov for display (and all the icons come from there also).

CNYWeather:
I have GoDaddy as a host. Where is the Cloudflare caching coming from or is that something with GoDaddy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version