Weather Related Organizations > WeatherUnderground

From WU " Webcam hosting service will be discontinued on October 21, 2021"

(1/12) > >>

Mabcmb:
From the article " Weather Underground will discontinue the webcam hosting service effective October 21, 2021 in order to better focus on the core products that make Weather Underground one of the best destinations for weather enthusiasts. Webcam data will be deleted from our servers on or after this date." ......

Full update here : https://support.weather.com/s/article/Webcam-hosting-service-is-discontinued-effective-October-21-2021?language=en_US

rormeister:
At least it's official. My cam has been FUBAR for nearly a year. The big question...what's next to be yanked?

jpk1018:
Could easily see this coming.

Eguraldia:
My webcams(2) not working with WU for a long long time...so  :lol: #-o

ValentineWeather:
It's been unusable for several years now so no surprise. I think they were allowing a few cams but now they are going. What it really comes down to is their lack of willingness to spend for the extra bandwidth needed to host cameras.
Rapidfire will be the next to go I've already seen issues actually had 2- long-time stations just disappear along with the account. No explanation, nothing, and what's weird is they used these stations for the area observations on android phones instead of the airport.  I waited for over a week and nothing came back online so signed back up with new stations.  Couldn't sign in to the old account it was also gone. I think it had to do with both were using rapid-fire but not sure like I said no explanation. I now upload data every minute and still occasionally get the Brutus screen server issues so I know their bandwidth is suffering.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version