Author Topic: Meteotemplate - new free website template  (Read 631478 times)

Offline KapitainOne

• Senior Contributor
    • Sanford Weather
Re: Meteotemplate - new free website template
« Reply #5150 on: December 23, 2016, 05:16:48 PM »
Question, when I open the "Weather Station" Menu tab I see the wrong icon for my station.

I had followed the Wiki on earlier versions of the template to change it but can't find where to change in v11

The icon showing seems to be that of WH1080 and I'm using a Davis....

Not a big deal but would like to change it.

Hi,
this is most likely because you use the default menu. What you need to do is click the "rename" tab and just use the same name (weather station) and namespace (weatherStation), but for the icon, use the name of the one you want to use from the Meteotemplate font set. Just like if you were creating a new tab.

Too easy, had not tried that as I didn't think it would let me reuse the same name!

Thanks

Offline semtex

• Frico & Frice
    • meteobasaldella
« Reply #5151 on: December 23, 2016, 05:24:14 PM »

Hi,
thanks for letting me know, it should be fixed now, just update the menu.php from the Downloads section. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the great work !!!
all perfect !!!

http://meteobasaldella.it

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5152 on: December 23, 2016, 05:28:35 PM »
I also fixed the wxSim link, that one was not correct either. I missed it because I dont have WxSim myself so it is not installed in the demo. The current menu.php should be fine... this is why I was trying to update and standardize as many plugins as possible to prevent this :D Obviously I didnt manage to do it with all of them before Christmas, which is when I wanted to release this.

Offline sundevil01010101

• KAZSURPR41/54/57
  • Senior Contributor
  • Eye on the sky...
    • Surprise AZ Weather
« Reply #5153 on: December 23, 2016, 06:53:16 PM »
Ho ho ho, I have stuffed something in the Meteotemplate stocking, enjoy Jachym!

I appreciate your passion for constantly improving the user experience and for making it possible for me to actually have a weather website without learning web coding/design!

Merry Christmas!

By the way folks should anyone else want to send a bit of Christmas cheer Jachym's way please use Paypal's "Send money to friends and family" where you can pay to an email acct (it's jachymcz!gmail.co with of course the '@' instead of a '!').

If you just use the Donate button he loses like 25% of the funds.   If you use the "Send money to friends and family" you pay like a few cents for the fee and he gets 100% of the donation....  Much more effective for maximizing your contribution.

If you use the template and never contribute please consider doing so.   It's a great public service he's offering for free and yeah it's free for you maybe but not for him!!

P.S. Jachym is giving me some backchannel grief for soliciting donations on his behalf and wants it to be clearly stated this is all my doing and he did not put me up to it which he most certainly did not!   

« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:42:06 PM by sundevil01010101 »
Visit https://www.surpriseazweather.com/ !!!
Bucket List - 1,000,000 visitors  :twisted: Lol...

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5154 on: December 23, 2016, 06:59:29 PM »
Thanks Terry, yes it is passion, literally :D

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Vue, Boltek Stormtr., Mobotix M22-IT
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #5155 on: December 23, 2016, 07:06:42 PM »
Hi Jachym,
but should i insert all plugins in new menu manually?  ](*,) ](*,)

Your menu is missing the following installed plugins:
airTraffic
bioIndexes
co2
contact
countryClimate
dataCheck
dataDisplay
degreeDays
deviations
dewpoint
diary
disasters
distributions
earthquakes
eclipses
ecoFootprint
elNino
et
extendedGraphs
fireDanger
forecastComparison
globalModel
growingDegreeDays
history
issTracker
liveGaugesWD
models
myStation
noaaReport
radarEU
radialGraphs
realEarth
satelliteImages
scales
socialNetworks
solarSystem
spaceWeather
stationCompare
stationExtremes
sunMoon
warningsEU
wdParser
weatherRecords

My night will be so loooong very looonng  :-( :-(
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:10:17 PM by i_fiorentino »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5156 on: December 23, 2016, 07:09:23 PM »
Hi yes you do, because thats what people wanted - to be able to set the menu layout the way they want it. Up until now everyone was using the layout "I considered good", but obviously that does not work for everyone.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5157 on: December 23, 2016, 07:10:54 PM »

I appreciate your passion for constantly improving the user experience and for making it possible for me to actually have a weather website without learning web coding/design!

Merry Christmas!

By the way folks should anyone else want to send a bit of Christmas cheer Jachym's way please use Paypal's "Send money to friends and family" where you can pay to an email acct (it's jachymcz!gmail.co with of course the '@' instead of a '!').

If you just use the Donate button he loses like 25% of the funds.   If you use the "Send money to friends and family" you pay like a few cents for the fee and he gets 100% of the donation....  Much more effective for maximizing your contribution.

If you use the template and never contribute please consider doing so.   It's a great public service he's offering for free and yeah it's free for you maybe but not for him!!

Terry, as much as I appreciate your attitude and willingness to help I would rather you edited your post back as it was. This is not my goal and not what makes me do all this. Doing something that over 360 people find useful is actually what motivates me. You surely remember when you asked me some time ago about posting similar thing and I told you to please not to. I really dont care about presents, nice present is that the update works and that I dont have to go to work tomorrow ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:14:43 PM by Jáchym »

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #5158 on: December 23, 2016, 07:24:45 PM »
Hi yes you do, because thats what people wanted - to be able to set the menu layout the way they want it. Up until now everyone was using the layout "I considered good", but obviously that does not work for everyone.

Jachym,
i've tried to put this code on menu but wxsim plugin doesn't show:

#plugin(wxSim)

Probably i've missed something  :-(

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5159 on: December 23, 2016, 07:27:38 PM »
Hi,
try updating your menu.php, just go to Downloads page at meteotemplate.com and download the updated version, there was a bug in this particular plugin since I dont use it myself and I made a stupid mistake, which should be ok now

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #5160 on: December 23, 2016, 07:29:20 PM »
Hi,
try updating your menu.php, just go to Downloads page at meteotemplate.com and download the updated version, there was a bug in this particular plugin since I dont use it myself and I made a stupid mistake, which should be ok now

I've just download it but no wxsim menu showed yet  :-(

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5161 on: December 23, 2016, 07:30:23 PM »
PM me your admin password I will look at it

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #5162 on: December 23, 2016, 07:33:20 PM »
Sorry Jachym, found it!

Is it possible to color main text menu in yellow like before?

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5163 on: December 23, 2016, 07:38:07 PM »
OK good.

What do you mean main text? The menu looks similar to the previous one, it is only changed in that you set the items yourself. I also removed the online status because it was duplicating the status block and occupying a lot of space, which is now quite precious since the number of plugins is growing all the time.

Offline i_fiorentino

• Forecaster
    • Meteopistoia.it
« Reply #5164 on: December 23, 2016, 07:40:26 PM »
OK good.

What do you mean main text? The menu looks similar to the previous one, it is only changed in that you set the items yourself. I also removed the online status because it was duplicating the status block and occupying a lot of space, which is now quite precious since the number of plugins is growing all the time.

This text :)

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5165 on: December 23, 2016, 07:43:51 PM »
IMPORTANT

Guys one thing to be careful about. This already happened to two users.
When you edit your main settings, even if you just open that page and save it without making any changes

ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK THE MYSQL DETAILS

What happens is that sometimes the stupid browser replaces your mysql details by the auto-complete feature with for example your address or telephone number. I will see if it is possible to disable the autocomplete, but for now always make sure that this did not happen. It is very easy to miss this and obviously will mean no data is updated or retrieved from the db.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5166 on: December 23, 2016, 07:44:48 PM »
OK good.

This text :)

You can insert headings to the menu, see the wiki (using the >> syntax)

Offline sundevil01010101

• KAZSURPR41/54/57
  • Senior Contributor
  • Eye on the sky...
    • Surprise AZ Weather
« Reply #5167 on: December 23, 2016, 07:47:06 PM »

Merry Christmas!

P.S. Jachym is giving me some backchannel grief for soliciting donations on his behalf and wants it to be clearly stated this is all my doing and he did not put me up to it which he most certainly did not!

P.S P.S  Now he gave me additional grief about not posting it in a new reply so here it is again with the disclaimer since according to him "Nobody reads old posts" which begs the question of why it was a worry in the first place since like 30 new post came in since I originally posted.
Visit https://www.surpriseazweather.com/ !!!
Bucket List - 1,000,000 visitors  :twisted: Lol...

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5168 on: December 23, 2016, 07:53:00 PM »

Yes and I would ask anyone else who would feel temptation to post similar stuff to please not to

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5169 on: December 23, 2016, 07:59:44 PM »
P.S. Sorry to everyone for having to read this, thats exactly what I wanted to avoid and this Christmas will be one of the best Christmas over the last couple of years - knowing that over 360 people find useful and enjoy something you make just feels great and is the best present I could get :-)

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
    • Long Island New York Weather
« Reply #5170 on: December 23, 2016, 08:17:49 PM »
P.S. Sorry to everyone for having to read this, thats exactly what I wanted to avoid and this Christmas will be one of the best Christmas over the last couple of years - knowing that over 360 people find useful and enjoy something you make just feels great and is the best present I could get :-)

Hence the true definition of passion.  Cheers!!! 🍾

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5171 on: December 23, 2016, 08:19:47 PM »
Jeff I just have to ask this...

when you mentioned the word "passion" yesterday, did you have a suspicion it would be the new name or was it purely random? (I really had to laugh when I read that post :D)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5172 on: December 23, 2016, 08:47:33 PM »
I have all my menu items added www.komokaweather.com/j-template
A few minor issues to overcome.  Possibly these have been fixed in the updates mentioned in the several posts here but to make sure I do it correctly:
from the original template update version of this morning what should I re-download? only the main menu?

The issues I have are:
#plugin(radarEU) the icon seems to be missing.  How should I fix it?
#plugin(warningsEU) the same icon issue.
#plugin(guestbook) not showing.
#plugin(stickers) not showing.
I also get the "Your menu is missing the following default pages:" message after all the items are added.

#plugin(weatherTerminologySE) I have not downloaded this and can't find it (this comes from Jachym's sample menuitems.txt)
all the others are included but haven't opened every one of them to see if they still work, but I expect they will.

My page is now loading the way it was so must have been a network issue this morning that caused the extra slow loading.
I had hesitation earlier this morning on the new menu method, but I really like it now!
Paul

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5173 on: December 23, 2016, 08:56:55 PM »
Hi Paul,
yes these have mostly been fixed.
Probably the easiest thing would be to redownload the update package and then:
- replace the admin/menu/menuCheck.php
- go to imgs/flags/big/ and add the eu.png
- go to Downloads at metetemplate.com and download the latest version of menu.php and use that
- in your menu setup, make sure the guestbook is spelled "guestbook" not "guestBook", I made a typo there

Stickers - yes that is correct, this plugin is for generating images, there is no landing page for it, it is not something to be included in the menu.

Sweden terminology - ignore that, it is in the works and I accidentally included it prior to the actual release, just delete that item from that tab :D

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
    • Long Island New York Weather
« Reply #5174 on: December 23, 2016, 09:17:13 PM »
Jeff I just have to ask this...

when you mentioned the word "passion" yesterday, did you have a suspicion it would be the new name or was it purely random? (I really had to laugh when I read that post :D)

It was not random...  I have had passion fruit and just had this voice in me say hmmmmmm....  :grin: