Author Topic: Meteotemplate - new free website template  (Read 631454 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Plugin Update - Notifications
« Reply #4200 on: September 27, 2016, 02:00:19 PM »
Plugin Update - Notifications 2.0

Hi guys,

I updated the Notifications plugin. Now you have the possibility to also set up email notifications in addition to the Twitter posts.

You can set if you want to send emails or post to Twitter, or both. Also the text for each can be different. In case of the Twitter text you are obviously limited in terms of the number of characters, which is not the case for the email.

In order for this to work, your server must have the mail server installed correctly. There is a test button which you can use to send test email and see if the emails are working.

If you are installing this for the first time, follow the instructions in the documentation. If you are updating the plugin, simply replace all the files as well, the settings.php is only on your server so it will stay untouched. Then go to your Control Panel and setup the plugin again to update the settings.php (you will just have to specify if you want to enable the email notifications and specify the email address, the email text etc.) Then make sure you also update (replace) the dailyNotificationsCron.php in your load/crons/ directory, this the updated script which will post to Twitter or send the email.

Enjoy

This is updated and seems to be working fine!  Now if we could get it to email out a daily forecast, maybe news warnings, etc to people that subscribe to it  :lol: :lol: :grin: :grin:

Thanks - as always!

Hi Jeff,
this is problematic for two main reasons:
- the cron.php script executes other scripts as well, loading data from external source (forecast) is dangerous, you need the scripts to be executed as fast as possible, if it timed out, all the other ones would fail too.
- more importantly however, most webhosting providers, including mine, block bulk emails, the server wont let you send too many emails at once and the limit can vary. For example I can no longer use the blog subscription I had to send out emails because once the number of users got above certain threshold, the emails were no longer delivered. Now I have to send them manually using my Gmail account in batches.

And it is actually good that it is that way... I mean imagine how easy it would be to write a PHP loop that would send millions of emails every second iterating through various numbers, letters etc....

eg:
while($i<1000000000){
   mail("jeff".$i."@gmail.com","Hi Jeff");
   $i++;
}

and all Jeffs at gmail.com would receive an email...

Offline KapitainOne

• Senior Contributor
    • Sanford Weather
Re: Meteotemplate - new free website template
« Reply #4201 on: September 27, 2016, 02:29:15 PM »
Thanks, I think those instructions are still there if you click the CRON job tab (2.1).

Thanks again, the problem is now solved, we solved it via email :)

I see it now, the program is not normally referred to as "Weather View" just wview  so I didn't connect the two!
my bad

Unfortunately my site is off line since Sat as it seems to have quit accepting any ftp connections to do the updates!  ](*,) Trouble Ticket issued!

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - bug fixes
« Reply #4202 on: September 28, 2016, 11:42:55 AM »
Bug Fixes

Hi guys,
I discovered some bugs in a few pages. Please download the new Bug fixes package (9.2) and just replace the corresponding files.

The Bug Fixes package can be found as always in the Downloads section at meteotemplate.com, in the menu on the left click “Bug Fixes”.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - plugin update + new menu features
« Reply #4203 on: September 28, 2016, 06:44:27 PM »
Plugin Update - User Map 2.0

Hi guys,

I updated the user map plugin. It is amazing to see how many people are installing this and over the past couple of weeks I have been adding at least 2-3 people a day, currently the user count is very close to 270 :)

The updated version also shows you the number of users from each country.

Menu - new features

And there is one more thing - I updated the menu.php, the Admin menu now includes some special admin actions as well. You can directly go and add a new diary entry and, what is really useful, there is a direct link which will automatically update the users file so you no longer have to go to meteotemplate.com, download the users file and then upload it to your server. It is now all done automatically just by clicking the link in the menu.

The above links (diary and usermap) will obviously only show in your menu if you have those plugins installed and if you are logged in as the admin.

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/userMap/

Enjoy

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
    • Long Island New York Weather
Re: Meteotemplate - plugin update + new menu features
« Reply #4204 on: September 28, 2016, 06:59:34 PM »
Plugin Update - User Map 2.0

Hi guys,

I updated the user map plugin. It is amazing to see how many people are installing this and over the past couple of weeks I have been adding at least 2-3 people a day, currently the user count is very close to 270 :)

The updated version also shows you the number of users from each country.

Menu - new features

And there is one more thing - I updated the menu.php, the Admin menu now includes some special admin actions as well. You can directly go and add a new diary entry and, what is really useful, there is a direct link which will automatically update the users file so you no longer have to go to meteotemplate.com, download the users file and then upload it to your server. It is now all done automatically just by clicking the link in the menu.

The above links (diary and usermap) will obviously only show in your menu if you have those plugins installed and if you are logged in as the admin.

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/userMap/

Enjoy

WOW!  Thats very, very impressive!  Think of all those whom you have helped and made it so easy to enjoy their hobby!  I already updated and it looks great!

Jeff

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4205 on: September 28, 2016, 07:23:48 PM »
Hi Jeff,
thanks for your support.

And just to prove my point... I assume you updated the users file about 20 minutes ago when you posted this. Please update it again... I have just received a new registration from the very first Meteotemplate user from Venezuela ;)

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
« Reply #4206 on: September 28, 2016, 07:28:17 PM »
Already updated...  Works like a charm!!!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4207 on: September 28, 2016, 10:10:12 PM »
All up to date with bug fix, blocks and plugins... and menu!

Paul

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4208 on: September 29, 2016, 12:04:49 PM »
Plugin update - Stickers 4.0

Hi guys,
I updated the Stickers plugin. In the new version, the interactive sticker time and date format adjust based on your template main settings. If you are just updating this plugin, all you have to do is replace the interactiveSticker.php, the setup.php and the stickersVersion.txt.

Enjoy

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
« Reply #4209 on: September 29, 2016, 02:31:59 PM »
Looks Great!

TY

Jeff

Offline KapitainOne

• Senior Contributor
    • Sanford Weather
« Reply #4210 on: September 29, 2016, 02:50:07 PM »
Now that I have my ftp issue sorted out I've noticed that my DeskTop and Mobile pages are acting differently. Both are set for  the Sun Theme ie Day (Light) Night (Dark).

The Mobile one seems to be working, but the Desktop one is always Dark! Any others experience this?

Did I miss a file when updating?

Bill

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4211 on: September 29, 2016, 06:03:05 PM »
Just to make sure, in your homepage setup, you have "sun" for both desktop and mobile and you have updated both the indexDesktop and indexMobile.php in the last update correct? (you can check this if you open the index files, the version is given at the top in the comments section, make sure both have Avocado, the previous version didnt have the sun theme)

Offline KapitainOne

• Senior Contributor
    • Sanford Weather
« Reply #4212 on: September 29, 2016, 06:25:49 PM »
Just to make sure, in your homepage setup, you have "sun" for both desktop and mobile and you have updated both the indexDesktop and indexMobile.php in the last update correct? (you can check this if you open the index files, the version is given at the top in the comments section, make sure both have Avocado, the previous version didnt have the sun theme)

Yes both have #     v9.0 Avocado 2016-09-15 at the top of the file, and just to make sure I uploaded both files again, no change!
Both are also set for the same theme although it isn't called Sun just  Day Night

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4213 on: September 29, 2016, 06:38:01 PM »
I see it, but it is really strange. I checked your homepage JSON file and both are indeed set to sun but when I look at the code for the indexes, they are exactly the same, and they must be, I remember I wrote it in one and then just copy/pasted it to the second one... hmm...

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4214 on: September 29, 2016, 06:43:37 PM »
Try deleting:
...homepage/css/theme.txt

Offline KapitainOne

• Senior Contributor
    • Sanford Weather
« Reply #4215 on: September 29, 2016, 06:49:27 PM »
Deleted but no apparent change!

Not a big deal, just thought I might have goofed!

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4216 on: September 29, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »
Im really puzzled by that because the code is exactly the same... I will test it again on my server and let you know tomorrow.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - new plugin - U.S. Temperature Change
« Reply #4217 on: September 30, 2016, 07:47:56 AM »
New Plugin - U.S. Temperature Change

Hi guys, I made a new plugin which shows the temperature trends (min, max, avg) for the individual U.S. states as well as the U.S. as a whole, over the 20th and 21st century.

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/usTempChange/#

Enjoy

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
Re: Meteotemplate - new plugin - U.S. Temperature Change
« Reply #4218 on: September 30, 2016, 08:42:34 AM »
New Plugin - U.S. Temperature Change

Hi guys, I made a new plugin which shows the temperature trends (min, max, avg) for the individual U.S. states as well as the U.S. as a whole, over the 20th and 21st century.

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/usTempChange/#

Enjoy

Showing the USA some more love!!!  Can't wait to add when I get home from work!!!  Thanks!

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
« Reply #4219 on: September 30, 2016, 10:15:29 AM »
Jachym,

Can the daily notifications be emailed to more than one email?  I didn't see this in the instructions.

Jay
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4220 on: September 30, 2016, 10:22:01 AM »
Hi Jay,
no. Jeff already asked about this.

It is the same issue:
http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=26825.msg300875#msg300875

What you can do however is relatively simple. The emails always have the same "from" and "subject". So you can easily create a filter in your mailbox to auto forward that email to whichever email addresses you want. It is much safer then trying the bulk emails via the PHP.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4221 on: September 30, 2016, 10:44:12 AM »
The usTempChange plugin is very nice.

Interesting Michigan, nearest state to us, shows that the change in summer is about 3° F higher in period 1895 to 2015, and about 5° F higher in winter for average, minimum and maximum.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - block updates - WeatherCat
« Reply #4222 on: September 30, 2016, 01:02:23 PM »
Block Updates - Current 6.0 & Gauges 4.0

Hi guys,

the two blocks now support realtime updates from WeatherCat software (weatherCat plugin required)

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - Major new plugin - Indoor Conditions
« Reply #4223 on: October 03, 2016, 09:34:38 AM »

New plugin - Indoor Data

Hi guys,

for quite some time I have been working on this new plugin, which is probably the most extensive so far released plugin. As you have probably guessed from its name, this plugin creates a whole new section on your website with indoor conditions. Unlike the indoor block, this plugin logs the data to a database table, just like your normal weather data and you can therefore display all the tables, graphs, statistics etc.

The table will use the same MySQL database as your alldata table, but it will not be saved in the actual alldata table. This is because not everyone will use this and it would also slow it down, therefore there will be a separate table called "indoor", which is created automatically and logs the data from your indoor sensors. The data saved in this table are:
- data/time
- indoor temperature
- indoor humidity

There is a setting whether you want this to be visible publicly to anyone or only to you as an admin and this can be changed any time.

Data update will use the same 5-minute interval as your normal weather data. It will use the version 9 auto CRON feature. What this means is that if you have already set up the CRON job for the /load/cron.php, you just have to make sure the interval is at 5 minutes at least. But you do not have to set up any other new CRON job for it.
Another great thing is that I have prepared a very flexible import script, which will allow you to import history indoor data from a CSV or a text file. This is something I would like to implement to the core template as well - it has been quite a while since I developed the original CSV import script and so this new one for the indoor data is much better in that it allows you to set the structure of your file rather than having one single accepted format which you had to create for the normal template.
In addition, I have also added a function to import data from Weather Display indoor logs, in which case you basically don´t need to set up almost anything. There is also much better error handling - you first can run a test of the import and you see exactly what would be saved and only if this works, you run the actual import. There is also no need to create the new table, this is done automatically and there is also the reformatting function which will reformat the data if the interval is not 5 minutes.

Now let´s look at the main features:
- visibility - this is very important. In the Plugin settings you select either "private" or "public". If you choose private, all the indoor pages and a link in the menu will only be visible and accessible if you are logged in as an admin. Public obviously means it is visible and accessible to anyone and has a link in the menu. This can also be changed any time, the data is still logged. Just that when you select "private" a function is always called which checks if you are logged in, if not, you are rejected access.
- detailed overall statistics
- interactive graphs
- interactive tables
- daily reports
- monthly reports 
- interval summary
- import history data from TXT file, CSV file or WD indoor log file
- reformat database data
- auto CRON via cron.php
- history visualization
- units automatically
adjusted based on display units specified in main settings or by user
- SmartCaching function

The updates are currently supported from the following SW:
- Weather Display
- Cumulus
- Meteobridge - in this case you need to have the LiveGaugesMB plugin installed as well

I hope you enjoy this and there will be more features added in the future. Also, since this plugin includes many pages, new icons etc. please let me know if you discover any bugs. I have relatively limited possibilities for testing the SW such as Cumulus or WD, so hopefully it will work.

Also make sure you read very carefully the documentation for installation.

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/indoorData/index.php

Enjoy!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4224 on: October 03, 2016, 11:51:43 AM »
indoorData plugin installed, with one line of data in DB, and graphs appear.  Looks like it is working.

Paul

anything