Author Topic: Meteotemplate - new free website template  (Read 631485 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Meteotemplate - new free website template
« Reply #2200 on: March 27, 2016, 08:36:24 PM »
OK, I will need to look at this tomorrow when Im at work, where I have more possibilities. At home I have this slow laptop and Linux, so no possibility to test IE etc. I will have to do some more testing and debugging, the problem right now is that I am unable to replicate this on my site, even in Chrome. Just last try and then if that does not help, I will try tomorrow.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #2201 on: March 27, 2016, 08:54:09 PM »
Sorry, still no luck.

Actually last one is different.  Works for one gauge column(gauge too large).  Then have to keep hitting - to make the smaller.  Then when you reload it goes back to large gauge.

In short, what's the issue again? I've just gone to your site, and the gauges look fine?!

Offline weatherbee

• Senior Contributor
    • Sherman Ct. Weather
« Reply #2202 on: March 27, 2016, 08:54:27 PM »
Sorry, it's the same thing.  Starts as one column of gauges.  Then I reduce gauge size to my liking. 
I guess that's better than at first.
I'll test again tomorrow for you.
Tom

Gauges look fine in Firefox and IE but not Chrome.

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
    • Long Island New York Weather
« Reply #2203 on: March 27, 2016, 08:57:21 PM »
Ive Made it  ;)...still some tweeking but...

Like how you have it across the top - it's "banner" like and has nice use of screen real estate!

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2204 on: March 27, 2016, 09:10:28 PM »
Going to Tom's site in IE the gauges show in rows: 4 gauges, 4 gauges, and 1; the same in FF; and in Chrome 1 large gauge wide and 9 down.

Paul

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #2205 on: March 27, 2016, 09:37:09 PM »
Chrome:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2206 on: March 27, 2016, 09:40:51 PM »
Weird....

Anyway I will have a look tomorrow after work,  also did any one of you try the ozone forecast and updated weather networks block? Just want to make sure it works

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2207 on: March 27, 2016, 09:56:45 PM »
Should be able to try the other blocks and updates tomorrow when I am back home.

Paul

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
    • Long Island New York Weather
« Reply #2208 on: March 27, 2016, 10:09:44 PM »
Weird....

Anyway I will have a look tomorrow after work,  also did any one of you try the ozone forecast and updated weather networks block? Just want to make sure it works

I added this to my page and they seem to be working fine.  TY!

Offline cjohlandt

• Cedar Ridge Weather
« Reply #2209 on: March 27, 2016, 11:02:58 PM »
also did any one of you try the ozone forecast and updated weather networks block? Just want to make sure it works

I added both of these blocks and the updated gauges block on my homepage with no issues to report.

In the next update to the weather networks block, can you add the ability to link to our state CoCoRaHS map (e.g. http://data.cocorahs.org/cocorahs/maps/?country=usa&state=md)?

Thanks for steady stream of updates!

-Chris
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless, WeatherLink Live
WXM WiFi (identical to Ecowitt WS69), Ecowitt GW2000
PurpleAir PA-II

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #2210 on: March 27, 2016, 11:59:31 PM »
OK, I will need to look at this tomorrow when Im at work, where I have more possibilities. At home I have this slow laptop and Linux, so no possibility to test IE etc. I will have to do some more testing and debugging, the problem right now is that I am unable to replicate this on my site, even in Chrome. Just last try and then if that does not help, I will try tomorrow.

I just installed the Gauges Block and it looks good on my site using Chrome, FF, IE and Safari.
Also added the new Networks block.

Thank you Jachym for the Easter presents  \:D/
Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2211 on: March 28, 2016, 04:02:08 AM »
also did any one of you try the ozone forecast and updated weather networks block? Just want to make sure it works

I added both of these blocks and the updated gauges block on my homepage with no issues to report.

In the next update to the weather networks block, can you add the ability to link to our state CoCoRaHS map (e.g. http://data.cocorahs.org/cocorahs/maps/?country=usa&state=md)?
Cocorahs is there already  :grin:

Offline weatherbee

• Senior Contributor
    • Sherman Ct. Weather
« Reply #2212 on: March 28, 2016, 07:09:08 AM »
I tracked my problem with the huge gauge showing to the fireDanger block.  When that block is removed the gauges work properly.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2213 on: March 28, 2016, 07:49:44 AM »
Great,  thanks a lot,  that certainly makes things much easier for me to try to solve it and replicate the problem on my server

Offline cjohlandt

• Cedar Ridge Weather
« Reply #2214 on: March 28, 2016, 11:30:30 AM »

Cocorahs is there already  :grin:

Yes, but the link goes to the CoCoRaHS homepage. What I'd like is the ability to have the link go to my state map through an option in the settings.php.  I could modify the weatherNetworksBlock.php, but thought it would be a nice option for all in some future version.  Thanks for considering.

-Chris
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless, WeatherLink Live
WXM WiFi (identical to Ecowitt WS69), Ecowitt GW2000
PurpleAir PA-II

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate 5.0 Kiwi!
« Reply #2215 on: March 28, 2016, 11:40:13 AM »

Hi guys,

happy Easter Monday and time for another template update!

Introducing Meteotemplate 5.0 Kiwi.

This new version adds several new features and a few bug fixes. The main new thing is a brand new section for mobile devices. This is in a sense a stripped down version of your entire page, which contains the most important pages optimized specifically for smaller screens. Font sizes, table layout, graph layouts – everything was adjusted to look better on mobile phones or screens with smaller widths. It does not contain all the pages and also not the plugins, this is mostly a section for your station data, the astronomy page and a few others.
In addition this mobile site has a completely different menu (the so-called “hamburger style” menu), which works good on small screens. It is shown as horizontal, but once the screen width reaches a certain threshold, it will become vertical, to see what I mean you can then try narrowing your browser window and see what happens.
Also the header and footer were optimized for small screens.
This means there is now also a new index. The original index, your current homepage, will of course remain, but it will be renamed to indexDesktop and there is now a new homepage indexMobile. The current index.php will only serve as a redirection script, which will redirect the user to either one of the homepages. The way redirection is decided is something you can of course configure yourself in the settings. And also, both desktop and mobile version, have a link to the other one in the footer so you can always jump to the other one from any site.

Next new feature is something I called “multiple block”. This is in a sense a block, which contains more than one block. It is especially useful for the mobile homepage, where you can now have certain blocks full-width, while others shown as 2, 3 etc columns.

Last new feature is built-in support for Google Analytics for tracking your webpage traffic.

More info about all the changes, how to do the update etc. are given in the block and in the wiki, which has been updated to reflect the new changes. Also the demo at meteotemplate.com is now running the new 5.0 version, but read the blog first where everything is explained:

http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=513

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2216 on: March 28, 2016, 12:24:02 PM »
Hi Jachym,
Started to catch up on the new "weekend" blocks and then saw your Kiwi announcement.  Started with the updated weatherNetwork and ran into some issues which mostly I have overcome.  Should I continue with those new/updated blocks or go to Kiwi and then add/update?

Paul

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2217 on: March 28, 2016, 12:27:22 PM »
Hi Jachym,
Started to catch up on the new "weekend" blocks and then saw your Kiwi announcement.  Started with the updated weatherNetwork and ran into some issues which mostly I have overcome.  Should I continue with those new/updated blocks or go to Kiwi and then add/update?

Paul

Hi Paul,
no, nothing is changed with regards to the blocks, the new homepage etc. uses the exact same files, they are fully compatible. The only change about index is the way the blocks can now be arranged.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2218 on: March 28, 2016, 12:28:39 PM »
NOTE:
Again, please bear with the speed of meteotemplate.com, there is now very high traffic and my webhosting plan is very limited in terms of simultaneous PHP script executions so the page might be slow now.

Offline virusdunil

• Forecaster
    • Station Meteo Hebertville
« Reply #2219 on: March 28, 2016, 12:51:59 PM »
DAMNED ! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

PISSES ME OOOOFFFFFFFFFF :twisted:

Followed instructions and.................................................and.................................have to admit :-(

it went frikkin well  =D> =D>
Cabled Vantage pro2 + Solar / Stevensen screen
Weather Display latest version + Boltek PCI-NexStorm-StormVue NGX / NSDisplay

http://www.meteolacstjean.com/weather28/index.php
Meteotemplate : http://www.meteolacstjean.com/hebert/index.php

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2220 on: March 28, 2016, 12:57:25 PM »
Ahhhh...   :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I was just about to say "so who will be the first one to try kiwi and calm me down saying it works" :D And now you post and first thing I saw was the first line and I went... oh s*... :D

Well thanks for letting me know, I tested it on 3 independent servers and it always worked, so hopefully it will for the others too.

Also - BIG THANKS TO TOM FROM STATEN ISLAND FOR HELPING ME WITH TESTING THE MOBILE SITE - this would not be possible without him as I have no way of testing reliably (the online emulators don´t always work) myself

Offline virusdunil

• Forecaster
« Reply #2221 on: March 28, 2016, 01:00:54 PM »
well...you know me....

I may be a pita sometimes BUT...when it works......i can say it out loud hehehe

Juuuuuust a bit of tweeking on the mobile layout...the blocks arent not fully centered but hey.... ;)

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2222 on: March 28, 2016, 01:05:53 PM »
well...you know me....

I may be a pita sometimes BUT...when it works......i can say it out loud hehehe

Juuuuuust a bit of tweeking on the mobile layout...the blocks arent not fully centered but hey.... ;)

I also see that huge link/iframe you put to my site :D Thanks :D If I could only have one suggestion... that temperature icon in the stationData block... thats really awful Carl :D

Offline virusdunil

• Forecaster
« Reply #2223 on: March 28, 2016, 01:19:35 PM »
yuppp.....in dark mode we dont see the white bg ...

ill put the original one

thats the old index...it will change... http://www.meteolacstjean.com/hebert/indexDesktop.php

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplat 5.0 Kiwi
« Reply #2224 on: March 28, 2016, 01:27:03 PM »
I see :-)
Well the new multiple block feature will allow you to do exactly what you wanted, the blocks now offer even more possibilities in terms of their layout (see the wiki, there are examples).