Author Topic: WU upgrade starting July 31 2023  (Read 5214 times)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: WU upgrade starting July 31 2023
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2023, 08:54:31 AM »
Anyone else not able to stay logged in? Each time I visit my sites, I have to log back in, and it kicks me to the main Wunderground front page.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2023, 09:00:19 AM »
I changed my password and my Acurite Atlas is working, but the data is no longer going anywhere. Im assuming maybe they are still tinkering with it.

Chris
Try visiting your Access IP number assigned from the router and see if the password key is correct. Worth a shot to re enter it and save it there. Is online sharing checked on myacurite? Sometimes you have to fiddle with it, check it, save, uncheck it, save, and check it again...

Offline Vasco

• Forecaster
    • PWS
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2023, 09:11:42 AM »
Anyone else not able to stay logged in? Each time I visit my sites, I have to log back in, and it kicks me to the main Wunderground front page.

Agreed that I now have to log in every time, but then I go straight to my dashboard.
Ecowitt GW1102 (with GW2000) + Weather Display in Windows 10

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2023, 12:02:24 PM »

Yes , also ever time I refresh my WU page it logs me out and when I log back in it sends me to the main page . I have to refresh my page because the temps on the map on my page are not updating properly . My temp updates but the others on the map dont .  I'm using Firefox for my browser . 

Offline longmire

• Contributor
  • WD (latest) GRL3_2 WF TWI WR-25e Win10Pro
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2023, 01:56:54 PM »
Wunderground - relentlessly erasing history one upgrade at time!

This is why I never trust things so ephemeral as clouds!

My historical data back to 2004 dis carefully stored locally on three machines in MySql databases

But hey, I suppose it's better than having to enter by hand into old ledger books with a quill pen

Offline eric24

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2023, 02:49:25 PM »

Same here. When I log in, it starts up on the WU main page. What a pain!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 02:51:31 PM by eric24 »

Offline casa manana

• Senior Contributor
    • Sedona, AZ
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2023, 04:36:32 PM »
WU keeps telling me I have to change my password.  They send a link to my email, but when I go try to change the password via their link I get a message saying "invalid link".  Just one more seamless job by the WU IT department.   

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2023, 08:36:38 PM »
One of 87 reasons I dumped sending to WU

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline casa manana

• Senior Contributor
    • Sedona, AZ
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2023, 09:04:44 PM »
[/quote

I absolutely hear you.  As an early (2004) WU contributor, it has ONLY been out of nostalgia for those early days that I have continued pushing data to them.  It gets harder to tolerate every day.

Lately, Iíve been installing Tempest stations in addition to by Davis stations that I pipe into WU.  Iím pretty impressed with their technology, and they seem to have hired decent IT geeks, unlike WU hacks,l. Not perfect by a long shot, but it might be my direction for the future.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2023, 09:28:38 PM »
Tempest? No way. They homogenize their data.

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2023, 08:15:36 AM »

Nope. Got the notice to change password and I did. Won't keep me logged in for long. Definitely not between browser sessions and sometimes it logs out on its own within a browser session. I cleared all images and cookies and rebooted but no help.
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline box

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2023, 08:45:00 AM »
Changed my password but otherwise not interested in WU

Rarely log in, I find other services like AWEKAS or Windy far superior

Offline casa manana

• Senior Contributor
    • Sedona, AZ
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2023, 09:45:51 AM »
Ha, now when I attempt to reset the password (per their instructions) I get a message that says I have exceeded the allowed number of daily attempts to change my password ...."For security reasons, try again later".  I can only laugh at this point.

Offline Donnn

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2023, 10:35:32 AM »
Wunderground - relentlessly erasing history one upgrade at time!

This is why I never trust things so ephemeral as clouds!

My historical data back to 2004 dis carefully stored locally on three machines in MySql databases

But hey, I suppose it's better than having to enter by hand into old ledger books with a quill pen

I agree. WU likely has no profitable business model for supporting personal weather stations. So counting on them for storing data, or even continuing the service, is questionable. I upload to them because its a no cost trivial effort.

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2023, 10:48:28 AM »
Ha, now when I attempt to reset the password (per their instructions) I get a message that says I have exceeded the allowed number of daily attempts to change my password ...."For security reasons, try again later".  I can only laugh at this point.

I got that a few times yesterday, but today it's just logging me out about every hour or so. I sent in a ticket via the webpage. Historically folks have called the help email link a dead email address but I've had a pretty good response rate so far. We'll see.
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline longmire

• Contributor
  • WD (latest) GRL3_2 WF TWI WR-25e Win10Pro
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2023, 04:13:47 PM »
I think they're WATCHING ME  :shock: #-o Now they say my station is completely offline with no data. So I double checked my antique VWS setup and hit the upload now button - and VWS is currently uploading record number 10,000 to them! What a world when VWS contains more records than WU! Where's my aluminum foil hat and the keys to the shelter?! ](*,) \:D/

PS up to record 12,000 now - with no errors in vws - now that's rare!

Offline casa manana

• Senior Contributor
    • Sedona, AZ
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2023, 09:28:10 AM »
I've been trying to reset my password for over a week now.  I keep getting the message...Sorry, it looks we're having temporary problems. Please try again later.

Offline rrwcf

• "How's the weather up there?"
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2023, 09:14:49 AM »
I'd like to all see past years of uploaded data reappear (with AI to query the data): Watson! Show me my record high and low temps by month for the past 6 years please?

I made an analysis of my own data for the last 12 years. 

WU, The Weather Channel, and other people in CA may not like what I saw...and may not want non-granted interpretations of WX data.

At my station - (with excellent siting), I see no evidence of any temperature trend.  All of the temp averages, month-to-month, day-by-day, and night-by-night are consistent and unchanged. 

... just sayin'

(Rom 1:16,17)
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
For therein is reve

Offline rrwcf

• "How's the weather up there?"
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2023, 09:23:57 AM »
I'm not sure if  everyone WU account has this across there home page but mine says " We'll be upgrading our systems from 10 am EDT on July 31, 2023 to 5 pm EDT on August 2, 2023. During this time you won't be able to sign up for a new account, log in, or manage a personal weather station. Sorry for any inconvenience..  I hope it's a good upgrade .

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I had an interesting experience with the "upgrade" and it might help someone else.

After resetting my password, I could not see my "device" (the PWS).  It appeared to be gone!  Uh-Oh!

Only AFTER I created a new device (same location, same everything else) and briefly fed data (through Weatherlink, btw)...

Only THEN did I see my traditional device (my original PWS) - REAPPEAR in my WU device list. In WU, I turned off the newly created device (PWS) and turned on the old one.  Everything worked perfectly from there.

This may help someone out there.

(Rom 1:16,17)
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
For therein is reve

Offline BaseLine

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2023, 02:59:48 AM »
We're The Government; we're here to help.
When you hear that, it's probably too late. Run!
Sun cooked nothingburger of climate change hysteria with a side order of peak-oil nonsense fries.

Offline BaseLine

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2023, 03:07:21 AM »
I'd like to all see past years of uploaded data reappear (with AI to query the data): Watson! Show me my record high and low temps by month for the past 6 years please?

I made an analysis of my own data for the last 12 years. 

WU, The Weather Channel, and other people in CA may not like what I saw...and may not want non-granted interpretations of WX data.

At my station - (with excellent siting), I see no evidence of any temperature trend.  All of the temp averages, month-to-month, day-by-day, and night-by-night are consistent and unchanged. 

... just sayin'
You are not the only one who has noticed this. Don't be surprised if it becomes illegal to collect weather data unless you tweak it to fit the current hysteria peddling narrative.
Sun cooked nothingburger of climate change hysteria with a side order of peak-oil nonsense fries.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2023, 03:29:13 PM »
The so-called upgrade has apparently erased all my weather history on WU which goes back to 2009.  So, check your weather history to see if it's still there.

I checked my weather history and it's returned as before but only back to Jan. 2012.   This day in history on Aug. 22, 2022, the high only got to 81.  But today, the high is going to be around 102!  There hasn't been a hotter day since the summer of 2012!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 03:34:17 PM by Bunty »

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2023, 08:44:41 PM »

To what are you reporting to these days?

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2023, 08:46:27 PM »
Tempest? No way. They homogenize their data.

I think you can turn if off from doing that.

Offline PRAT

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2023, 04:43:37 PM »
I guess I missed the password update requirement, so it deactivated my station.  I finally updated, then tried to add my station back and whatever else they changed now won't talk to my weatherview 32 any more.  I would switch software but I'm running an RM Young station and it took forever to find something compatible.  I'm done with WU.  Any idea how to make WV32 talk to PWS Weather?  Dave is no longer supporting WV32.