Author Topic: No cable since last Saturday 23 of july  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
No cable since last Saturday 23 of july
« on: July 31, 2022, 09:44:23 AM »
Had a storm here on the 23rd of july and it took out my cable tv. Cable company earliest appointment  here is the 2nd of next month. So that is why my wxradio and my website is not updating. Hope i will be back online next week.

Anthony

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: No cable since last Saturday 23 of july
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 10:22:23 AM »
I know the feeling.  I opted to drop DSL when our modem started to fail.   So I went with fiber.   It worked, but the phone line quit.  after waiting 2 weeks, the company came out and seems the installer failed to connect the phone to the fiber and the install was poorly done by the company so they would fix it.   We went out of town, came home July 4.   Neither the phone or the fiber worked.  I spent long hours over the next 2 weeks on the cell phone, listening to dork music and reminders it would be quicker to go chat on the internet, but no way to connect.  Finally someone came out, same company.  he did some stuff outside, then disappeared to come back and said, "at the junction box down the street, someone from our company disconnected your line and other lines, soI connected you and the others back up, put in a note there, and your install is shitty and I will put in a repair ticket. 

So we have the fiber, the phone and still the shitty install.  Now when I see the centurylink truck in the area, I want to run to them and tell them not to screw with my service.  I would have gone with Mediacom,but they are bad too.   So I have DirectTv and fiber,  almost a gig both ways.

Keep after them

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 12:22:46 PM »
I have been through two inadvertent disconnect/improper reconnect incidents the last few years. Three new modems later finally a competent tech sorted out the DSLAM and local line faults. Tear your hair out.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 01:40:43 PM »
Had a storm here on the 23rd of july and it took out my cable tv. Cable company earliest appointment  here is the 2nd of next month. So that is why my wxradio and my website is not updating. Hope i will be back online next week.
That's horrible. 12 days to fix storm damage is BS.
But, I guess it could be a labor issue. Everybody is short help.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 11:58:08 AM »
After 10 days I am back online!

Anthony