Author Topic: Phantom UV data showing for my station  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Sigdigit

• Forecaster
Phantom UV data showing for my station
« on: October 01, 2009, 10:50:04 AM »
Since July of this year, about the time WU had a bunch of server troubles, my station (KNJWASHI3) has been showing a graph and data for UV.  Problem is, I don't have a UV sensor, only solar radiation.  The reply to my service ticket to WU was that I am sending this UV data.  How is this possible?  I have a Davis VP2 with an add on solar radiation sensor.  I use WL to send the data to WU.  Is there a way to check WL to see exactly what data is being sent to WU?  This problem seems to have cropped up after another member noticed archive data prior to July had disappeared from their station.  I noticed the same thing for my station and sent a service ticket.  WU told me they had server troubles at that time, and restored my archived data.  Since about that time, I have been showing this phantom UV data.

Offline d_l

• Forecaster
  • Slide Mtn - Mt Rose
    • Thomas Creek Estates neighborhood weather
Re: Phantom UV data showing for my station
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 11:21:06 AM »
Heck, it sounds as though your ID and the other station's ID are switched in their database.

How do your WL records (temps, wind, etc.) compare to the WU database records at the same time period? There is the local copy option for WL uploaded data, but I don't think this applies to the WU module and so there is no way to get a copy of the uploaded data.  The only way to check what is uploaded would be to compare your records to theirs.

Is that other station located near yours so that its weather data would be comparable?
--Dave--

Wireless VP2 w/ solar, 24hr FARS, Heater, (Envoy-WLIP)*3-Meteohub, plus custom VP2 @ 26', WL 6.0.4, WU & W4U=KNVRENO37 NetcamXL

People always talk about the weather, but they never do anything about it.  Not me.  I'm gonna measure it.  https://www.tceweather.com

Offline Sigdigit

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 07:43:55 AM »
I just got another reply to my ticket from WU.  They are insisting the data is coming from my end.  As far as the other station, I think that was just one of a bunch of folks that were having the same issues.  As far as other data, everything else showing is definitely mine.  Think I'm going to write to Davis for what it's worth.

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 01:16:30 PM »
in theory the software should be sending a NULL (i.e no data at all, i.e "") for UV in the wunderground data stream if no UV sensor
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline WeatherGoose

• Forecaster
  • LIVE from the Southern Sierra Nevada!
    • Sierra Springs Village - MADIS Station D2149 - Bass Lake Ca.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 05:55:53 PM »
They may have some issues going on over there right now with SOLAR and UV data.

I just installed both of these sensors on my VP2 and although the data is being received and reported properly on that site, the graph for the SOLOR data is all screwed up.  Bunch of graphic artifacts on the left of the graph border and it is all greyed out with no scale.  The UV graph looks normal.

I sent them a support ticket, but I never get any response from them these days.  I think I have sent them about 8 tickets in the last two months and haven't received a reply to any of them.  :mad:

HARDWARE: Davis VP2 wireless w/daytime FARS - Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 - Apple 24" iMAC - OSX 10.6.2
SOFTWARE: Lightsoft Weather Center for Mac OSX -  EVOcam 2.6.5

anything