Author Topic: WU Data while Computer is off - Possible?  (Read 5832 times)

Offline wa3pnt

• Rodeo George Scoreboard & Sound
WU Data while Computer is off - Possible?
« on: September 03, 2009, 07:57:33 PM »
I run my computer 24/7 when I'm at home.  However when I'm out on the Rodeo Circuit I shut the Computer down at 10PM and bring it back up at 8 AM.

Is there a way to fill in the missing data on WU?  My Web Site (www.rodeogeorge.com) fills in the data when Weatherlink does the first morning download from the Davis Station.  WU does not pick up the data prior to that first download at 8AM.

Thanks for any help.

George
Chino Valley, AZ
Davis Vantage Pro 2
WeatherLink 5.8.3
MeteoBridge

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
Re: WU Data while Computer is off - Possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:25:14 PM »
You can upload archieve data if you check it to upload.

Tim

Offline wa3pnt

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 10:13:21 PM »
Thanks Tim.  I uploaded the archive data when I set up WU initially but must have missed the box to enable archive uploads on a recurring basis.

When I get back to Chino Valley on Monday I'll look for the box and enable it.

George
Chino Valley, AZ
Davis Vantage Pro 2
WeatherLink 5.8.3
MeteoBridge

Offline wa3pnt

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 08:53:09 PM »
Tim (or anyone),

I'm back home, and opened the WU Module.  The capability to upload data between specific dates and times exists, but I see no box to check to enable the archive data to upload each morning wen the computer comes up.

Am I missing something?????

George
Chino Valley, AZ
Davis Vantage Pro 2
WeatherLink 5.8.3
MeteoBridge

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 12:54:01 AM »
There are two WU modules available. In the newer one the settings are accessed through the "File" menu in WeatherLink.  The older module (which did not have the "real-time" feature) had the settings accessed in the internet setup section (a button next to APRS setup).  On it you could set the number of days worth of archive data you could upload up to 7 days.

Which version do you have?

Been a long time since I used WeatherLink to feed Weather Underground but if I recall correctly the newer module when they added the real-time feature consequently lost the ability to upload archive data.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline wa3pnt

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 01:59:36 AM »
Mark,

I'm running WeatherLink Version 5.8.3

The Wunder Module is Wunderground V.1.15

As I mentioned, this Module allows me to Manually set Start Date/Time and End Date/Time and then upload, but I cannot find a way to "automatically" upload the data from Weatherlink that was collected between 10PM and 9AM when the computer is switched off.

Weatherlink downloads the data from the Weather Station when the Computer comes back on, so it has the data.

The PWS for my station is KAZCHINO3.

I also display the Weatherlink data on one of my Web Sites  http://www.rodeogeorge.com

Any help appreciated.

George
Chino Valley, AZ
Davis Vantage Pro 2
WeatherLink 5.8.3
MeteoBridge

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 11:07:51 AM »
Ah ok.  That's an even newer module that I had not seen yet.   #-o

Looks like manual archive upload is the only option on it.  So the only way I see you could get it to work automatic would be to go back to V1.0 of the modules.  But you would loose your rapid fire capability with that module.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline wa3pnt

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 11:22:07 AM »
Thanks Mark.  Yes the screen shot you posted is the version I'm running.

I'd give up the Rapid Fire if I could close the data gaps with an automatic archive upload.

Could you please give me the link to the Version 1.0 dll, or send it to me via PM?

Again, thanks for enlightening me.  I've had the WX on my Web Site for quite a while, but have just begun playing with the WU stuff.

George
Chino Valley, AZ
Davis Vantage Pro 2
WeatherLink 5.8.3
MeteoBridge

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 02:24:16 PM »
Here's a link to the V1.0 File:

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WeatherLinkModule.exe

and where it can be found:

http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/PWS_-_WeatherLink

Version 1 was an executable file.  When you click on it to run it you then follow the directions to get the dll file into the expansion module folder in WeatherLink.  From there you can add, enable, or disable it using the "manage modules" option.  Also with it your Wunderground settings will move from the "File" menu into "Setup", "Internet Settings", "Configure Profile", and finally "Select report files".

« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 02:32:48 PM by Mark / Ohio »
Mark 

Offline wa3pnt

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 03:21:35 PM »
Okay Mark, I've got the Version 1.0 Module installed, and I've configured it in the WL Setup>Internet Settings.

Another question.  In the Internet Setting, I have the URL of my Web Site where I upload the WL Data for display on that site.

DO I have to enter the URL of the Weather Underground Site in that configuration, or does the Module take care of where to send the data.

I'm seeing the window open every 5 minutes to download the data from the station, but then it immediately closes and is not sendin gthe data to WU.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm trying to not re-invent the wheel and learn from the people that have been there.

George
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 03:27:11 PM by wa3pnt »
Chino Valley, AZ
Davis Vantage Pro 2
WeatherLink 5.8.3
MeteoBridge

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 05:44:19 PM »
....DO I have to enter the URL of the Weather Underground Site in that configuration, or does the Module take care of where to send the data...

No, you do not need to enter any url's for it.  (Actually the data is transferred to WU by http rather then ftp like your website.)

I would double check that you have [X] or enabled the V1.0 in the module management section.

Looks like right now you are running rapid fire yet as it was updating every few seconds.  If it keeps doing that even with the old V1.0 plug in installed and V1.15 disabled, you'll want to delete the dll for V 1.15 out of your expansion module folder.  Reason being if they both (modules) try to send data at the same time it will play heck with the looks of your history graphs there.   ;)  Might keep the older module from working too.  I think in the past we found that sometimes the newer module for some reason had to be totally removed to stop it from functioning.  Just disabling it in the manage modules section I don't think was enough.   :-k
Mark 

Offline wa3pnt

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 11:20:47 PM »
Mark,

When I had trouble with the V 1.0 Module, I went back to the V1.15 and Rapid Fire until I had a plan of attack on getting V 1.0 working properly.

Based on your input, here's what I've done:

1.  Deleted all Modules using the WL Manage Modules option.

2.  Physically deleted the Module programs/dlls from the Weatherlink\Expansion Module directory.

3.  Closed and restarted WL

4.  Verified that WL Manage Modules was not finding anything by trying to Add a Module.  None available, as the Expansion Module directory is empty.

5.  Verified that WU was not available in through the Setup>Internet Settings  menu.

6.  Downloaded and ran the V 1.0 .exe file to install the V 1.0 files in the Expansion Modules directory.

7.  Performed the Setup>Internet Setting to create a Profile for the WU upload.

8.  Closed and restarted WL

The first scheduled time, the Module performed the download of data from the Vantage Pro 2, and then aborted without connecting to the internet to upload the data.

The second scheduled time, the Module performed the entire function, including the upload of 7 days data to WU.  So it appeard the all is working as it should be.

All that is remaining is to reduce the amount of archive data from 7 days to 1 day (which will cover the Computer downtime) and I should be in business.

Thank you ever so much for the help.

Success   =D>

George
Chino Valley, AZ
Davis Vantage Pro 2
WeatherLink 5.8.3
MeteoBridge

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 11:10:57 PM »
Your welcome George and good to hear you have it working!  =D>
Mark 

anything