Author Topic: App Updates Historical Data in Graphs and Tables?  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Azwip

App Updates Historical Data in Graphs and Tables?
« on: February 15, 2023, 02:18:43 PM »
Howdy folks, still pretty new at all this.... have a Logia 5-in-1 Wi-Fi Weather Station installed... and connected to Weather Underground... have a question or so about the data I see (or cannot see) using Weather Underground... it seems like the Graph/Table only displays 5 minute increments for a day.... is that true?

For example, last night, I saw on my console, a wind gust of 46 Mph.... but when I use the Weather Underground, and view my station, I cannot see that 46mph gust anywhere???

When I pull up historical data for that day, it shows it only in 5 minute increments for wind speed and gusts.... for example the 46mph was at 8:32 pm I believe, but viewing the table and or graph, i see data for say 8:31, then 8:36 then 8:41 etc.... 5 min increments, nowhere can I see the 46mph gust that was seen by my console at 8:32....  so, had I not been watching that console, during that time, I don't think I would have ever known about the bigger gust of 46mph....

Am I missing something?  Is there not a way to see biggest gust for a day using Weather Underground (for my station)?

Thanks and I appreciate any and all assistance. 

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: App Updates Historical Data in Graphs and Tables?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 03:27:38 PM »
WU, while very popular isn't too reliable.
When WU owned it was a very good. Run by weather geeks.
Now not so much. If you are looking for
Software to view your data I would suggest another route.
As for your question I would think  the highest gust should show up for that particular archive. At least it should but not sure how WU handles that.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 11:31:28 AM »
Hi,
My 72.8 km/h high gust yesterday at 15:16 doesn't show on the WU Table view but can see it in the Graph view by hovering on the chart.
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IMIDDL32/graph/2023-02-15/2023-02-15/daily

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Azwip

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 12:53:29 PM »
Hi folks, thank you for the replies... Paul, please pardon my ignorance, but I took a look at it "seems" (in the Graph) that it shows that reading at 15:19 ?  A five minute increment.... seems like that graph is showing like 3:14, 3:19, 3:24 etc...

Like if that wind had come in at say 3:17 .. you would not have seen it?  Lol... Or, I could be mistaken.  Lol

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 01:14:03 PM »
It has always seemed to me that in the graphs, WU puts down a plot in 5 minute intervals, but does some averaging of the values received during each interval. I don't know for sure, but that is how it appears to me.
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 01:31:49 PM »
Hi,
Actually it was recorded by my CMX at 3:17 pm and then presume the Rapid Fire settings in CMX updated WU.  I don't know what all happens at the 5 minute update by CMX to WU but 72.4 km/h recorded in the Table view at 3:24 pm. 
Actually I don't often check WU as I get better data display from my CumulusMX and updates to various pages, and know when something seems wrong I don't need to wonder what or when WU/IBM is doing something.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Azwip

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 12:00:17 PM »
Thanks for the replies folks, yeah, not sure how it works lol.  Just seems I will miss something... even when i look at my HIGH Gust for that ay, don't see it i there either.  So my console shows it, in its history, but can't see that High in WU.

Anyways, thanks again folks.

anything