Author Topic: Can I Easily Get ALL of My WU Data Back From Them?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline rrwcf

• "How's the weather up there?"
Can I Easily Get ALL of My WU Data Back From Them?
« on: October 08, 2022, 08:38:58 AM »
The ONE hook that WU has on me is that they have a storehouse (database) with 12 years of my historical WX data.

Does anyone know how I can get a report from WU that includes ALL of my daily data?  I'd like it in a tabular form (csv or xls).

I know there is the laborious process of "view, copy, paste to spreadsheet" - Obviously, that's impossible (even though I'm retired)  :grin:

Any Ideas?  Any Experience?

(Rom 1:16,17)
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
For therein is reve

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Can I Easily Get ALL of My WU Data Back From Them?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2022, 11:00:28 AM »
You can use my WXDailyHistory.php script to get the JSON of the data and format it into .csv files.  This script is part of the wxwuhistory.php script set (but you don't need the other parts if you don't want to install them).
You do need a WU API key which is free if you submit data to WU.

https://github.com/ktrue/WU-History

Just download the WXDailyHistory.php script from there, customize it for your WU ID and API key, then use the Initial instructions to download your data.

Hope this helps...

Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline rrwcf

• "How's the weather up there?"
Re: Can I Easily Get ALL of My WU Data Back From Them?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2022, 06:26:29 PM »
OUTSTANDING !

Much appreciated !

I will get my son right on that !

:oops:

(Rom 1:16,17)
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
For therein is reve