Author Topic: Wunderground not showing current conditions on PC, does on cell phone  (Read 2950 times)

Offline Jeff_pad

• Jeff's photos
I am sending data to WU but when I pull up my bookmarked station in WU it shows Logan Airport about 20 miles away.  If I enter my station id  KMAWALPO45 it shows my station but as being OFFLINE but if I go into account it says ONLINE.

All current conditions are null or blank.

if I go to forecast it is Logan.

I enter my station ID and scroll down and all the current conditions show in the graphs and tables so it is sending the current data to WU.

I go to MY DEVICES and it shows my station WX1USN WALPOLE MALL and as online but when I click on it it goes to STATION SUMMARY and won't let me put it in as a favorite.  When I entered the location in search location I clicked the star but it still doesn't show as a favorite.

At least I can see what is going on via the charts

Any ideas how to get the forecast back?  I am using WIFIlogger

Offline joegr

Re: Wunderground not showing current conditions on PC, does on cell phone
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 10:32:47 AM »
It's not just you.  WU has been pretty messed up yet again for the last few days.

Offline WVZR-1

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 11:54:35 AM »
So my Rainwise IP100 is 'online', graphs seem to function correctly and it's a WU issue with the rest? I've never used a mobile device just the PC interface but just now believe I attempted 'mobile' and I see the same?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 11:56:38 AM by WVZR-1 »

Offline Jeff_pad

• Jeff's photos
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 12:30:04 PM »

My Station ID is  KMAWALPO45  It shows on the map I click on the icon and it comes up "South Norwood with my Station ID.  I click on show local weather station and it comes up with "Gen. Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport Station" instead of South Norwood and gives the temp and pressure etc from Logan. But map still shows Walpole/Norwood. If I click on "CHANGE" it then shows the map around Logan airport.
   If I then click on the Logan name it gives the Weather History for my station KMAWALPO45 but none of the current conditions and it says "Offline" but under "My Devices" it says "Online"

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 01:31:19 PM »
Same thing here.  "Current conditions" are blank, station shows as "offline" BUT the graphs are populating with the data and I am getting no FTP errors.  My data is getting there or the graphs would not be correct, which means this is a front-end problem displaying the data.  You'd think that IBM could get something simple like this right but I guess not.  :roll:

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 03:44:12 PM »
Update:  Started working again sometime over the last hour or so.  We'll see if hangs in there...

Offline Jeff_pad

• Jeff's photos
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 03:46:22 PM »
Yup it is back again.  Aggravating

Offline jcookjr82

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 04:34:52 PM »
I think the app (at least on Android) is updating with my station data. Can't access any other way.
Davis Vantage Vue (Brentwood, CA KCABRENT8 and Arnold, CA KCAARNOL99)
Davis Vantage Pro2 (Lakehead, CA KCALAKEH52)
LaCrosse 2813 (retired 1/17/2018)

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2022, 03:00:04 PM »
As of 10:57AM 9/21/2022 Alaska time, up and current.WU info: https://support.weather.com/s/?type=wu&language=en_US                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Working on Rapid update system, adding capacity. Intermittent brief outages expected throughout the day.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 04:04:17 PM by OldAlaskaGuy »

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2022, 03:48:55 PM »
Down again, same symptoms.  I knew it was too good to be true.  8-)

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2022, 04:04:38 PM »
Down again, same symptoms.  I knew it was too good to be true.  8)
It seems as if this was expected during the update. But without any communication with data suppliers, members , or users it turned into the same 'ol WU. It's not you, it's WU.

Offline joegr

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2022, 05:24:53 PM »
Well, it was working for a little while today, but now it is even worse than before.  For the last two+ hours, I get a response of unauthorized most of the time (every one minute) that I try to send data.

Offline sunsluv

• Pamela - near Cleator, AZ in the Bradshaw Mts.
  • But it’s a DRY HEAT!
    • My Wunderground weather station KAZMAYER4 in Arizona
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2022, 05:32:19 PM »
One of my stations, KAZMAYER4, stopped responding this morning, and still shows off-line. My other station, KAZMAYER42, finally came back on around 10am.

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2022, 07:52:44 PM »
Mine has been up and down for days. Sometimes the graph/summary at the bottom of my page is updated, today it's not.
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline mmorris

• Forecaster
  • Hope your day is full of sunshine
    • Weather and Racin
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2022, 06:20:43 AM »
Well my dash quit updating at 12:04am on 9/21/22. In the profile it says station is online but dash says offline and station doesn't show up on the Wundermap. Checked and stuff is being sent somewhere, MESOWEST is getting data.
>>Miles<<  By from Portage Lakes, OH.
Been using VWS since 1996 Ver# 14.01P43
Wireless Vantage Pro2Plus Serial Data Logger, Anemo Tran Kit
Win XP, Firefox, WXSIM, Cumulus, NexStorm, Yawcam, VVP, BadBlue Web server, Quake Catcher Net
Follow me on twitter
Vietnam era Veteran USAF bb loader
Quadruple Bypass survivor

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2022, 07:01:20 AM »
My WU account ceased updating at 15:00 Zulu yesterday. I have a single account and have been uploading since May 2009. ISTOCKPO4.

Have WU acknowledged the problem and are trying to fix it? No point sending emails as they never reply.

Offline Gulfstream4

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2022, 08:45:46 AM »
This is very frustrating  :-x :-x for days now my station KNCALEXA2 has been completely unreliable.

I found the following on the WU website (https://support.weather.com/s/?type=wu&language=en_US):

Announcements:

Alert
Intermittent Outage 09/21/2022 for PWS Rapid Update System

In order to continue work to ensure capacity for the rapid update system for personal weather stations (PWS), we anticipate some brief outages today (September 21, 2022, US West Coast time) while we address these infrastructure changes. We thank you for your patience.

Alert
PWS Data Display Issues

There is currently a problem with data not being displayed in current observations from personal weather stations (PWS). Most stations seem to be showing accurate weather histories (on the bottom of the PWS dashboard), so the data is coming in. This is also affecting the PWS API. This has two impacts: Weather station owners will not be able to see their own current observations. Users trying to connect to weather stations on the mobile apps and the web will either see no data or will be redirected to the nearest major airport, which will have data. Station owners: please do not delete your station in an effort to correct the problem. This will only make matters worse. Engineers are working on the problem. We hope you will be patient with us.

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2022, 08:49:18 AM »
Mine uses Rapid Updates so thanks for the news @Gulfstream4

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2022, 09:44:15 AM »
Glad I came here. Was getting frustrated. My station is also not reporting to WU. Shows an error in Meteobridge. But it's uploading just fine to the other 4 sites I send data to.
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

Offline joegr

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2022, 10:01:12 AM »
Glad I came here. Was getting frustrated. My station is also not reporting to WU. Shows an error in Meteobridge. But it's uploading just fine to the other 4 sites I send data to.

It seems like they are now enforcing that you have to use your api key instead of your account password to send data.  You might want to check and see which you are using.  I had to change mine from the password to the key yesterday to get it working again.

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2022, 10:16:13 AM »
It seems like they are now enforcing that you have to use your api key instead of your account password to send data.  You might want to check and see which you are using.  I had to change mine from the password to the key yesterday to get it working again.

Well thank you joegr that was the problem. Up and running again.

How would I have known this unless I came to this forum?
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2022, 10:38:15 AM »
Changing password to API key also solved it for me. Many thanks.

Offline Gulfstream4

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2022, 11:16:24 AM »
If it is not too much trouble, would someone mind explaining how to switch from password access to API access? I see how to generate an API but I do not see where to enter it into my settings.

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2022, 11:22:54 AM »
If it is not too much trouble, would someone mind explaining how to switch from password access to API access? I see how to generate an API but I do not see where to enter it into my settings.

In the weather software you use there should be a section for WUnderground uploading. It includes a password field. Just change that to your current API key.
That can be found by logging on to your WU account, choose Devices and you should see a key value. Replace your password with that key.

Do NOT generate a new API key.

Offline mmorris

• Forecaster
  • Hope your day is full of sunshine
    • Weather and Racin
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2022, 11:30:00 AM »
I change the pass in both VWS and Cumulus and it now works again. I wonder if this is a permanent change...
>>Miles<<  By from Portage Lakes, OH.
Been using VWS since 1996 Ver# 14.01P43
Wireless Vantage Pro2Plus Serial Data Logger, Anemo Tran Kit
Win XP, Firefox, WXSIM, Cumulus, NexStorm, Yawcam, VVP, BadBlue Web server, Quake Catcher Net
Follow me on twitter
Vietnam era Veteran USAF bb loader
Quadruple Bypass survivor