Author Topic: Random Timestamps and Current Data  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
Random Timestamps and Current Data
« on: September 15, 2022, 09:31:45 AM »
Is anyone else showing random timestamps and random current data showing on the website? The map, graphs, and records for the day are all looking fine, but what is not fine is the jumping around of random data  being displayed in regards to the timestamps.

Offline longmire

• Contributor
  • WD (latest) GRL3_2 WF TWI WR-25e Win10Pro
Re: Random Timestamps and Current Data
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 10:29:22 AM »
Yes - One second it shows Updated 60 minutes ago - and displays the digital data from that time - then the next it says 4 seconds ago and displays that reading set then jumps back to 52 minutes, and so on and so on.

Perhaps we are being hit by massive gravity waves and time portals from Sagittarius A Star - If so I wonder whether my stock portfolio could go back about 16 months so I could pull a bit more cash to the side! #-o

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 10:57:13 AM »
Yup. Started a couple days ago. Graphs seem to get updated eventually while live is all over the place.

Some ingestion/processing issue I suppose.

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 11:16:03 AM »
Same here. It is almost like their data base has a corrupt index so it is showing a random sequence instead of the most current station update.
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline Eguraldia

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 02:05:26 PM »
Same old same....same here!

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless)

Meteobridge

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 07:09:33 PM »
The whole thing is a mess. They could do a 3-D map and make it so much nicer if they wanted to also. The way it is now is a shadow of it's original Wundermap.

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 07:14:47 PM »
DoctorKnow, unfortunately I must agree. It really is the same old story with them. Way to go IBM!

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 07:29:35 PM »
But yet y'all keep sending them your data. If you continue to patronize a restaurant that has crappy food, why should they "fix" it? Just sayin'...

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2022, 07:37:20 PM »
CW2274, for me the reason is that the brand of hardware I use only uses WU to share data. Their own software allows me to see my data, but it only updates every 5 minutes and others cannot see my data. Yea WU has become a lot worse since IBM took over, but it's the only thing I have access to with my hardware that has rapid fire updates. I'll admit I am not happy with WU, but I am basically the weather guy in my HOA and for this reason I like to share it where everyone can see.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 07:50:36 PM by Mirwin275 »

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2022, 07:46:32 PM »
CW2274, for me the reason is that the brand of hardware I use only uses WU to share data.
I get that. Obviously, easy for me to say, but comes a time to cut bait. I quit them when IBM took over. The writing was on the wall, and they didn't disappoint.

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
  • weather is never boring
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2022, 07:48:24 PM »
Same here tried all day to figure out what was wrong with updates. They jump around and time of update is all over the place and sometimes goes off line for a few. I was pulling out my hair until i checked out some other sites out of my area and found a bunch doing the same thing, really sucks.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2022, 07:51:34 PM »
BTW, just some food for thought, I'd rather send NO data than have others unknowingly rely on BAD data.

Offline Jester

• Pony Up!
  • Senior Contributor
  • US NAVY Retired
    • Castleton Weather, Virginia Beach, VA.
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2022, 10:31:31 AM »
Yes - One second it shows Updated 60 minutes ago - and displays the digital data from that time - then the next it says 4 seconds ago and displays that reading set then jumps back to 52 minutes, and so on and so on.

Perhaps we are being hit by massive gravity waves and time portals from Sagittarius A Star - If so I wonder whether my stock portfolio could go back about 16 months so I could pull a bit more cash to the side! #-o

Seeing the same here.
MADIS D4557
CWOP DW4557
Wunderground KVAVIRGI57
CoCoRaHS VA-VBC-13
Davis VP2+ 6163
WiFi LoggerV2

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2022, 02:27:18 PM »
WU is really weird and funky these days. If you view your pws dashboard on WU-weather history (bottom of the WU dashboard page-see example in the link below to one of my pws) from say 1990, there is some data, even though in my case that is years, actually, decades before I started uploading data to WU! That data belongs to which pws—not mine. Talk about goofy! Does anybody at IBM look at WU or care?

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KILWHEAT17

« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 09:02:41 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline casa manana

• Senior Contributor
    • Sedona, AZ
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2022, 12:52:57 PM »
It's pretty amazing that this random timestamp thing has been going on for several days, and apparently no WU interest or attempt at fixing it.

Offline TomD

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2022, 02:18:58 PM »
As I've said before, IBM hosts the PWS site on an old 386 in some kid's basement. It probably busy dealing with the growing bad sector list on the aging 20mb ST506 disk drive.

Offline jwreynoldson

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2022, 10:49:56 PM »
Still having this problem, very annoying as I'm hoping to commission a new station on Wednesday, and it's going to make it hard to determine if it's working right.

I've noticed in the past that when timestamps were out it was usually because my PC clock was out of whack, but not this time.   My WS's report the observation time with the parameter "&dateUTC=now" so I don't have to maintain a real time clock.

However, as far as I can tell, the actual obs are being stored with the correct timestamps as the graph history seems to be up to date (eg: it shows an observation timestamped 5 mins ago despite the main page saying that the last report was 450 minutes ago!

Offline Calochortus

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2022, 09:27:27 PM »
Broke on the 14th then came back online but with timestamp problems now is mostly offline again.  I'm guessing a database update went bad.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline jwreynoldson

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2022, 11:53:18 PM »
More annoying behaviour: my station reports are not appearing in real time and the station is flagged "offline" even though data points are showing in the graphs for the last few minutes!   I can see the station status LED's signalling consecutive successful reports....

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2022, 09:19:46 AM »
More annoying behaviour: my station reports are not appearing in real time and the station is flagged "offline" even though data points are showing in the graphs for the last few minutes!   I can see the station status LED's signalling consecutive successful reports....

Since a few months ago, the issue you pointed out happens fairly frequently. Don’t worry about it, certainly IBM doesn’t care.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
Re: Random Timestamps and Current Data ... Hosed up again!
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2022, 01:49:10 PM »
Well, WU was working fairly well for about a half day, still working fine this morning at 8 AM. But it is all hosed up again. WU stopped accepting data from my station at exactly noon local time. One by one stations started dropping off of the map, and now the WU map shows no local stations in my area. My WS-2000 console still shows a connection to WU though, but it is not showing up on the website. They are apparently still working on the problem.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 01:52:07 PM by alanb »
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2022, 02:58:35 PM »
As of 10:57AM 9/21/2022 Alaska time, up and current.WU info page: https://support.weather.com/s/?type=wu&language=en_US                                                                                    Working on Rapid update system, adding capacity. Intermittent brief outages expected throughout the day.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 03:20:53 PM by OldAlaskaGuy »

Offline CapeHazeWX

• Cape Haze, Florida
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2022, 05:42:19 PM »
Well, my new station feeds Ambient Weather, PWSweather, and WU all at the same time.  It's funny to view them side by side.  In a matter of just a few days I've determined that WU is a dumpster fire.

It's always been hit or miss though.  I've been feeding them info on and off for years with various weather stations and it's always been glitchy. 

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
  • weather is never boring
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2022, 05:46:48 PM »
Well my joy was short lived, up and running fine this morning but at noon went off line and still is. I can send test and it is ok so i am down but see a bunch that are up and running. Seems hit or miss with wu.

Offline sunsluv

• Pamela - near Cleator, AZ in the Bradshaw Mts.
  • But it’s a DRY HEAT!
    • My Wunderground weather station KAZMAYER4 in Arizona
Re: Random Timestamps and Current Data ... Hosed up again!
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2022, 05:58:12 PM »
Well, WU was working fairly well for about a half day, still working fine this morning at 8 AM. But it is all hosed up again. WU stopped accepting data from my station at exactly noon local time. One by one stations started dropping off of the map, and now the WU map shows no local stations in my area. My WS-2000 console still shows a connection to WU though, but it is not showing up on the website. They are apparently still working on the problem.

I am also having the same problems with WU!
One of my stations, KAZMAYER4 Davis VUE, stopped responding this morning, and still shows off-line. My other station, KAZMAYER42 Ambient WS-2000, finally came back on around 10am.