Author Topic: UV Index And Solar Radiation.  (Read 3640 times)

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
UV Index And Solar Radiation.
« on: May 24, 2009, 02:06:19 AM »
I have both the UV Index and the Solar Radiation boxes checked in my Wunderground settings. However, whilst my UV Index is being recorded, the Solar Radiation is not. For example, yesterday my UV index was recording 6 at noon, but the Solar Radiation was showing zero all day.

Any ideas anyone please?

Alan
Alan

Offline d_l

• Forecaster
  • Slide Mtn - Mt Rose
    • Thomas Creek Estates neighborhood weather
Re: UV Index And Solar Radiation.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:56:54 AM »
What software are you using to upload to Wunderground?  Is it showing you the current solar energy when you look at the software's other weather readings screen?
--Dave--

Wireless VP2 w/ solar, 24hr FARS, Heater, (Envoy-WLIP)*3-Meteohub, plus custom VP2 @ 26', WL 6.0.4, WU & W4U=KNVRENO37 NetcamXL

People always talk about the weather, but they never do anything about it.  Not me.  I'm gonna measure it.  https://www.tceweather.com

Offline killwilly

• Forecaster
Re: UV Index And Solar Radiation.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 03:34:30 AM »
What software are you using to upload to Wunderground?  Is it showing you the current solar energy when you look at the software's other weather readings screen?

Hello and thanks for the reply. My software is VWS v14 p33. My UV graph is showing the correct reading on Wunderground and on my computer, it's the conversion to solar energy that's not showing on either Wunderground or the computer. Maybe the OS UVN800 sensor doesn't support a solar energy facility.

Is there anyone on the forum that has both who could confirm this.

I have carried out a search on the Ambient Weather Wiki and can find no reference to solar energy for Oregon Scientific stations, only Davis.

Alan.
Alan

anything