Author Topic: my bugs with WU website  (Read 480 times)

Offline ANPweather

• Contributor
    • Anthem North Parkside, AZ
my bugs with WU website
« on: April 26, 2019, 06:48:21 PM »
We all know that WU is working on problems with the website. These are my problems that I haven't seen mentioned here, although I certainly might have missed them.
- On the WU page for my weather station, there is a row for current data and a map. So far, so good.
- The next row has 3 boxes: Temp, Wind, Pressure. Also good.
- The next row has 2 boxes: Precip, UV. I don't have and never had a UV sensor. How do I turn that off?
- That same row has a blank space after the 2 boxes. It would nice if something from the next row flowed up into the empty space.
- The next row has one box for a webcam. It shows my webcam is offline which is false. I can click through to my image history and see days of videos taken from the "offline" camera. Actually, the video processing works way better that it did under the old site.
- One of the weather stickers still requires Flash. Since Flash is going away, that sticker should be updated.

Davis Vantage Vue, Davis Pro 2 Console with Wifi Logger
Weather Display software
WU: KAZNEWRI17
PWS: ANTHEMNP
CWOP: EW7526

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
Re: my bugs with WU website
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 10:06:34 PM »
We all know that WU is working on problems with the website. These are my problems that I haven't seen mentioned here, although I certainly might have missed them.
- On the WU page for my weather station, there is a row for current data and a map. So far, so good.
- The next row has 3 boxes: Temp, Wind, Pressure. Also good.
- The next row has 2 boxes: Precip, UV. I don't have and never had a UV sensor. How do I turn that off?
- That same row has a blank space after the 2 boxes. It would nice if something from the next row flowed up into the empty space.
- The next row has one box for a webcam. It shows my webcam is offline which is false. I can click through to my image history and see days of videos taken from the "offline" camera. Actually, the video processing works way better that it did under the old site.
- One of the weather stickers still requires Flash. Since Flash is going away, that sticker should be updated.

My annoyances: no indication of directional trend of barometric pressure, no auto updates of graphs, no custom or yearly data, no fractional data, incorrect rounding, etc. (All said before and then some).

You can eliminate unwanted frames with UBlock Origin
:

for example I decluttered my page like so:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 08:08:25 AM »
I find the separate display tiles for wind, pressure, temperature and so on seem to be put there by the Department of Redundant Redundancy.  All that information is neatly, and plainly, presented in the first summary pane.  The rest, other than a webcam, is just wasted space.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 09:19:51 AM »
I find the separate display tiles for wind, pressure, temperature and so on seem to be put there by the Department of Redundant Redundancy.  All that information is neatly, and plainly, presented in the first summary pane.  The rest, other than a webcam, is just wasted space.

I tried to remove the two wind and one barometer sections from the summary pane but couldn't do it. I like the bigger displays of wind and barometer over the way they are displayed in the summary pane. I wish barometer frame showed directional trend though. Maybe it is possible to move the barometer graph up with UBlock Origin. That obviously would indicate trend. I haven't tried that yet. Of course the graphs don't auto-update like the specific frames do which is an minor annoyance to have to do each time to make sure the graphs are up to date. 

anything