Author Topic: Rainwise Rainew Wireless Rain Gauge Assistance  (Read 2654 times)

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
Rainwise Rainew Wireless Rain Gauge Assistance
« on: October 14, 2021, 01:26:11 PM »
I just purchased this rain gauge from a seller on eBay brand new never used. The issue I'm having is the LCD display. I've attached two photos. Sure I can read it from an angle, but I wanna read it from straight on. The two photos demonstrate an angle view as well as straight on. Any suggestion(s) / assistance offered? I placed a call to Rainwise Customer Support but no return call as of yet.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Re: Rainwise Rainew Wireless Rain Gauge Assistance
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 04:00:24 PM »
Have you tried new batteries?  Some LCD screens wash out looking directly at them as the batteries fade.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 04:08:57 PM »
Have you tried new batteries?  Some LCD screens wash out looking directly at them as the batteries fade.....
Agreed. I just had my display hooked up a few weeks ago after not being used for years and the display was very dim. I replaced the battery and all was well.

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 04:12:15 PM »
Agreed. I just had my display hooked up a few weeks ago after not being used for years and the display was very dim. I replaced the battery and all was well.

The rain gauge is BRAND NEW, never used. I placed two sets of new batteries in the indoor display, but no luck.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 04:15:37 PM »
Then I guess it's bad. Maybe that's why it was on ebay. RW may "good will" it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 04:17:29 PM »
BTW, I don't know what PWS you have, but if it's a VP2, you can hard wire it into the ISS as I do.

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 04:25:37 PM »
Then I guess it's bad. Maybe that's why it was on ebay. RW may "good will" it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yea hoping to hear back from RW to see what they suggest.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 05:10:21 PM »
The rain gauge is BRAND NEW, never used. I placed two sets of new batteries in the indoor display, but no luck.

The wireless Rainwise buckets have allegedly been out of production for a bit now, and you should consider any one to be NOS (new old stock) at this point.  Were those new batteries actually fresh, or were they the ones that came in the box?????

WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 05:51:17 PM »

The wireless Rainwise buckets have allegedly been out of production for a bit now, and you should consider any one to be NOS (new old stock) at this point.  Were those new batteries actually fresh, or were they the ones that came in the box?????

They were brand new from WalMart last night, yes, NOS. I have no issues with it being NOS, I just wanna be able to read the display looking at it straight on.

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 05:32:37 PM »
So I received a call from Rainwise and the tech told me to open the display unit and replace the button sized batteries. There are two in there, one for each display. I did, and it works like a charm. Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Don in Ohio