Author Topic: Vantage Vue with JavaScript  (Read 422 times)

Offline jughead

Vantage Vue with JavaScript
« on: August 15, 2019, 04:15:07 AM »
hi, im trying to parse the data from vue with javascript. how should i do that?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Vantage Vue with JavaScript
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 06:29:32 AM »
Learn about the binary format of the data from the Davis Serial Tech Ref document and write some JavaScript to poll and then to parse that binary data. I'm guessing it might be simplest to use typed arrays but I'm no JS expert.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline WestTx

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 12:14:38 PM »
I'm a little surprised no one has done this and is willing to share their code.  I would love to see what the code looks like but, not knowing JavaScript myself, I don't think I'd ever learn enough of it to write my own.

Les
Vantage Vue
WiFiLogger

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »
I'm a little surprised no one has done this and is willing to share their code. 

I'm less surprised. There are all sorts of data-handling scenarios I know, but typically if one wants to parse the raw logger data then this will be using a program running on a computer connected directly to the logger. And you're more likely then to use a language like Python or one of the .Net languages rather than JS. And there must be plenty of logger-reading examples on the web for Python or eg VB.Net. It's not that you can't use JS but I'd have guessed that one of the other languages was simpler and more convenient in most circumstances.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline WestTx

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 01:47:28 PM »
I'm a little surprised no one has done this and is willing to share their code. 

I'm less surprised. There are all sorts of data-handling scenarios I know, but typically if one wants to parse the raw logger data then this will be using a program running on a computer connected directly to the logger. And you're more likely then to use a language like Python or one of the .Net languages rather than JS. And there must be plenty of logger-reading examples on the web for Python or eg VB.Net. It's not that you can't use JS but I'd have guessed that one of the other languages was simpler and more convenient in most circumstances.

Ah... of course that makes sense. I was forgetting the direct connection requirement. I was just thinking about access from any device on the network and that would not be possible.

Thanks
Vantage Vue
WiFiLogger

anything